“Favorite Beach Spot”
Review of Cay Pointe Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Cay Pointe Villa
Tampa, Florida
“Favorite Beach Spot”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Cay Pointe has become our favorite Florida beach vacation spot since we first stayed there a couple years ago! It is clean, quaint, quiet and, best of all, the sunset views and direct access to the beach are unbeatable! The small staff is friendly and treats us like family. We've passed our love for this beach gem on to friends and family, and everyone has been equally impressed with it. We love Cay Pointe for the serenity it offers and also for the easy access to other things we love; fishing, paddle boarding and dining out. The only reason I've hesitated to write a review is for the worry that the word will get out and we'll have trouble booking a Villa:)

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hope M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Circleville, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We've stayed at Cay Pointe Villa now two times, and are planning on going back this fall. What a lovely place! It's right on the beach, the apartments are clean and bright, and the staff, all of them, are so friendly. They try to accommodate you and make your stay as pleasant as they can. I highly recommend Cay Pointe Villa to anyone who wants to enjoy their stay on the gulf.

Room Tip: We've been in Villa 1 and Villa 2. They're both on the first floor and both are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sally S
, General Manager at Cay Pointe Villa, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you all for sharing your kind words. Exciting adventure or tranquility awaits your next visit to our "slice of heaven" on Indian Rocks Beach . It is our pleasure to host your vacation. A loggerhead turtle nest along the shore awaits your next visit ! They will be hatching in August ! Tropical Storm Debby brushed our shore without harm ! . "Come as guests leave as friends"!

Lynn Timberlake ( property manager )
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I travel 3,000 miles every year to sit by the Gulf and watch splendid sunsets at Cay Pointe Villa. Although we live near the ocean, we never go. Two weeks at Cay Pointe and the rest of the world is forgotten!

This property has personalilty and makes you feel at home from the moment you arrive. No high-rise elevators to navigate and since its only four well appointed units, there is never a fight for space on the decks, patios or beach.

Lots of recreation and restaurant options nearby if you want them. Great location, great place, great value.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We're back for our second trip 2011. Still beautiful/still our favorite vacation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lankylisa
Clearwater, Fl
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Weekend with the girls turned out to be one of the best "stay-cations". Spacious villa for 6 friends that had all the amenities needed to make for a wonderful time. Kitchen will all that you needed to cook meals. Large balcony with a picnic table to enjoy the gorgeous sunsets. Steps from the beach to take evening walks. The villa was very clean and comfortable and management was very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank alumbergirl
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I’m also logging this under the heading: “The kind of stuff that happens to me every day; NOT!” Ok, so Joy and I are staying in a beautiful cottage right on the beach on Indian Rocks for our 21st anniversary. So I’m snorkeling about 30’ right off shore in about 6’ of water along the edge of a drop off into about 10’ of water. So I’m float’n along and I think I’m hearing whistling and yelling. I stick my head up and see about 30 people on the shore yelling and pointing at me.

So I pull my snorkel out of my mouth and yell, “What!”, and they’re screaming “dude; dude” and pointing at me. Then I realize that they’re not pointing at me, but pointing at this large dark-cloud area about 3’ in front of me. I see it and at this point start saying a Hail Mary ‘cause I realize that something’s about to make me a noontime snack. But for some reason I decide to stick my head back under water to look dead into the eyes of whatever is about to do me like a Ritz cracker. The dark cloud splits in two and what cruises by on either side of me each no more that 1 to 2” away?... None other than saltwater manatees. One even looked at me as if to say, “Welcome to our home slick… now go change your shorts”

An amazing but true story. You’ll love this place, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank nroche2
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My parents began their stay to celebrate their 21st anniversary. After the 1st day, they quickly checked availability and were able to book an additional 3 days for the family. What a peaceful, relaxing and absolutely beautiful place to stay! It was like being a thousand miles from home, although it was a mere ten minute drive! The beach was clean, clear and private. The sunsets were majestic. The accommodations were comfortable and immaculate, and the family "face" time was invaluable. No electronics needed... no newspapers or TV desired (although they were available), just quiet connections with loved ones. Don't miss this opportunity for your family :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katelbug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
#15 of 98 in Clearwater
Barefoot Beach Resort
Barefoot Beach Resort
#1 of 21 in Indian Shores

Been to Cay Pointe Villa? Share your experiences!