“Nothing but the best”
Review of Granger House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Granger House
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Six mature adults rented two of the residences at Granger House for a month, and all of us agreed that this place met all of our needs and more. We loved the character that the place had, we had pivacy but were not secluded. The linens were gfreat, the staff was available at all times, the view is breathtaking, the pool refreshing. Clearly the owners have invested in making your stay important to them. We called the maintenance managers by thier first name after a week becasue they treated us with respect and like friends. We are already planning another trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Granger House

Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed July 10th to the 16th 2011 in the Marilyn Suite at Granger House. The house is a updated century home. It has been divided into 3 apartments and 1 unattached unit. Our 1st floor unit called the "Marilyn Suite" was really cute. I loved the Rat Pack, and Marilyn Themed pictures. The house is directly on the Gulf with great views. It has nice hot tubs right on the decks. A new pool has been added on the street side of the house with another spa. The price was great considering the location. We were lucky, our upstair neighbors were really great. We always rent beach houses in florida because we like our privacy. This is semi-private, much better than a large condo. Only a few other people around. The Indian Rocks Beach speaks for itself, perfect water, sand, makes you never want to leave. I will let the photos show more. I highly recommend this house.

Room Tip: Marilyn Suiite, large enough for 6-8, 2nd floor at least 4/6, unit 3 down back 1-2, detached unit 2.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2010

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I recently vacationed there for 2 weeks with my husband (as I have for years) and we had the best time ever. I wanted to clarify some wrong information that was written on the below reviews.

1-The construction was YEARS ago…There is absolutely no construction noise or sounds that you will hear-The only thing you will hear is the ocean water as you take a walk on the beach.

2-The Granger House is actually located at 610 Gulf Blvd. It used to be associated with the property on 618 Gulf Blvd. but they are no longer together. The property located at 618 Gulf Blvd. is called Balboa Beach Retreat, owner is Joe Mazza.

3-The owner of the Granger House…Beverly Granger passed away a few months ago…

4-Balboa Beach Retreat is AWESOME! Everyone was very helpful and kind, the prices are reasonable, the unit was very clean, the pool is steps away from my unit, the beach is steps away from my unit, they have done a bunch of remodeling, they are pet friendly, handicap accessible etc. and I would recommend this as a wonderful place to vacation…Trust me you will not regret it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovethesun1234ny
Reviewed 12 May 2009

My husband and i stayed at the Granger House for 4 nights, we loved it. the private hot tub was great! Beverely was very polite and helpful.IT is very clean and well decorated ,

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We have just returned from a week in Indian Rocks Florida, at the Granger House. After reading some of the other negative reviews about this house, I understandably got nervous about what we would find upon our arrival. Our plane was very late and we did not arrive until 1:30 AM. The owner, Beverly met us at our door delivering fruit, cheese, and crackers. We were thankful for this bit of kindness as we were traveling with our two children ages 8 and 5. Our room was ccomfortable and had all the comforts of home, including a hottub off the downstairs bedroom and an upstairs deck surrounded by palm trees. The pool at this location was super close to our door and made it very convenient to go often and return quickly to retrieve forgotten items. The construction that I read about on the other reviews is nearly done with work only being done inside the condos. For families seeking an experience of simplicity, time together, and for a good value, I whole heartedly recommend the Granger House.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Please take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. These reviewers must be perpetual malcontents. We had a fabulous vacation at Granger House last week.

Of course we didn't know what to expect, and we were totally pleased. Our particular unit was far better than I expected. Large, gorgeous hard-wood floors, french doors out to the private balcony, overlooking the ocean. All my previous stays in Indian Shores were in one of the better high rise condos. This year I wanted something with more personality, and more space. Granger house fit the bill!

Sure, it's an older house, but so what? It was in good order, and the owners obviously took joy in decorating our unit with cute touches everywhere. A large armoire in the living room contained games as well as extra linens. There were plenty of extra towels in the dressing room. And we didn't see a single bug in one week of stay.

Stephanie was out early every morning taking care of the grounds, skimming the ponds, sweeping the sidewalk. And, listen people, this is important: we had one or two things we needed (extra blanket when the weather turned nasty, and some other incidentals which I can't even remember) and every request was taken care of within an hour!

No oceanside two-story dwelling "of a certain age" is going to be perfect, and up to fine hotel standards. But Granger house is fabulous, Beverly is a welcoming hostess ( a bottle of wine and fresh flowers awaited our arrival!) and you absolutely cannot beat the location right on the beach.

I can't figure out why anyone would complain. Maybe they were in a different unit. But our stay was terrific.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 July 2008

My husband and I just returned from our one week stay at the Granger House, and we were both pleasantly surprised after reading all of the negative reviews posted.
We stayed in Unit 2, an upstairs, one bedroom unit. It included a fairly large bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining area, and living area. We found the inside to be decent, clean, and similar to other beach front vacation rentals that are in this price range. There was still construction occuring next to the house, but it barely affected our stay.
What really sold us on the house was the wonderful, private deck and hot tub that directly overlooked the ocean. We enjoyed watching the sunset every night, and you cannot beat walking out your front door and being on the beach. The only negative comment I can really make about our stay is there was quite a bit of seaweed that washed up on the beach the week we were there, but I do not know if this is common.
My husband and I are not overly picky people, and we do not go on vacation looking to complain, nor do we spend most of our time sitting around inside. So having a clean place to sleep with the ocean on our doorstep works just fine for us...and that's what we got at the Granger House.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
#1 of 21 in Indian Shores
Belleair Beach Resort
Belleair Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Belleair Beach

Been to Granger House? Share your experiences!