“Labor Day Weekend”

Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was one of the most enjoyable mini vacations I have ever taken! 4 days at Sun N Fun has totally rejuvenated me! This place is exceptional - great views - clean - totally equipped room. I stayed in #5 Studio. Loved the walkway that led to a small deck area. Since I was travelling alone this was a great spot to sit and relax, but I did meet some great people and spent a few evenings at the gazebo watching sun set and getting to know them. Can't wait to go back for Thanksgiving week!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Tampa44, Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the views from your beachfront studio. I look forward to seeing you again in Nov.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Dad and his girls had a fun weekday trip to Sun N Fun staying in unit #4, a one bedroom with living room and efficiency kitchen. It is an older house, probably 1930's or so (that means it has lots of character) that has been nicely updated. It was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated with lots of personal touches. Definitely not a cookie cutter location which only added to its charm. Bruce was very welcoming from initial reservation phone call, to follow-up instructions for late arrival to lots of suggestions to make my girls stay more fun. Beach access was great and availability of complimentary chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards kept us from having to make the purchase. Location was extremely convenient just minutes from 688 bridge on Gulf Blvd. For the price paid, it delivered extremely good value. I am definitely planning on returning again.

Room Tip: The web site has pictures and floor layouts that represent the location very well.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tampa44, General Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I'm pleased you and your children enjoyed your beach getaway. It was nice meeting you. I enjoyed our conversations. Looking forward to your return visit. Thanks again

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed for one week in unit # 4 in the main house. The ocean view is great, the queen size bed very comfortable. However the furniture in the main room needs an update. Little storage space. The small shower and the separate toilet room have just been newly renovated. Nice patio incl. gazebo. Trolley stop and some restaurants and bars are nearby. The Manager Bruce and his staff are very friendly and helpful. We would come again. Susanne (Germany)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susanne K
beachfront1, General Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for the review. We appreciate receiving feedback (and positive feedback is Great) Most important is that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad you experienced a relaxing beach getaway.
We do look forward to you coming back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Our trip was a family trip with 6 adults and 2 kids staying in Unit 6 (Sleeps 8). The master bedroom is large and airy. The second bedroom is quite small and the bathroom needs a serious renovation with more space. The upsides of this bedroom is it's own exterior door so we could come and go without disturbing the rest of the family and it had its own tv. Sleeping porch with two twins and 2 trundles worked great with extra bed space for the kids. For a larger group, the downside of the two bed/two bath is that there is not a bathroom accessible without going through someone's bedroom. The living room/dining room is nice and spacious and enjoyed the beach feel of the furnishings and decor. The kitchen provided lots of cookware, dishes and utensils as well as microwave, toaster, refrigerator, dishwasher and stove. Laundry was also available in a small building adjacent to the house. Wi-Fi worked well. Outdoor shower/faucets and plastic bins with water at each unit's door really minimized the amount of sand tracked into the house.

The outdoor living area had lots of furniture and was a nice size for the 6 units. We loved sitting under the gazebo! Having the beach right outside the door was a major plus. Lots of things were available for common use including a grill, beach toys, chairs, and umbrellas. Parking area is nestled in between the two buildings, yet was easy to get in and out. The management was friendly, helpful and laid back.

Value for the price seemed quite reasonable. The location is fantastic. We enjoyed our trip. I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Tampa44, Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us. I agree .. This location is one of the finest spots on the barrier island. I also want you to know that we will continue to make improvements in each beachfront apartment. I do appreciate your comments and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was our return trip and it was like we never been away.
Bruce is a great host and he really tries to make your vacation memorable.
This is real piece of Americana taking you back 50/60's to what it was like to live in a beach house I feel so lucky that there are houses still like this to rent.
BQ / relax in the sunset the other guests who stay there are so friendly OH! and you don't have to walk up ten fights of stairs back to your plastic condo.
I have booked it for 2014

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Tampa44, Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Glad you enjoyed again. We are looking forward to seeing you next year. Take care

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The beach was beautiful, not crowded at all, and just steps away. The common areas outside were well maintained, and we really appreciated the wide array of beach toys for the kids. The location is great, and is within walking or bicycling distance of some good restaurants. Everyone we met on our stay, including other Sun N Fun guests, was lovely. The manager was very helpful and nice also, and answered any and all questions leading up to our stay. The price was right and I felt we got a good value, although just a few updates would make it much better.

We stayed in Unit 2, which is the upstairs of the old carriage house. I wasn't expecting anything luxurious, but it was a little more rustic than I'd anticipated. The furnishings had definitely seen better days, the floor sloped visibly in a couple rooms, and the unit was pretty dirty. My husband actually scrubbed the linoleum, he was so grossed out by how it felt on his feet. The rag came up absolutely black. The beds were comfortable, but the unit is very close to the road so in the master bedroom especially you hear every single vehicle driving past. I'm a light sleeper; it didn't bother my husband or kids. There is also a streetlight that lights up the master bedroom all night. Again, it didn't bother my husband but I had to go buy a sleep mask. It would be a very good idea to put blackout curtains in the bedrooms.

We probably would have had a nicer stay at one of the units in the main house, but really Unit 2 could be easily improved upon with better cleaning, some updates to the furnishings, and blackout curtains. We really enjoyed the area and will definitely be back, although maybe not at Sun N Fun.

• Stayed: March 2013
beachfront1, Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

I was a pleasure meeting you and I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.
We continue to make necessary maintenance improvements but It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping.
My staff and I reviewed your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the apartment you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future.
Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with us was not as good as expected. I invite you to give us another try.
We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Thanks again
Bruce

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Sun n Fun was just the best! Bruce was the friendliest and most helpful host ever and the staff were right there with smiles, too...everything we needed was right there...including the beautiful beach, just steps away. We really felt like we were home. Thanks Sun n Fun (and Bruce!).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuJu H
beachfront1, Manager at Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us....you know it was our pleasure having you ! Look forward to your return. thanks again Bruce

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Shores
The Hotel Sol
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Coconut Inn
Coconut Inn
#2 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Barefoot Beach Resort
Barefoot Beach Resort
#1 of 21 in Indian Shores
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Sand Glo Villas
Sand Glo Villas
#2 of 21 in Indian Shores

Been to Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!