“Beautiful kid friendly and dog friendly cottage!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Shores
Barrett Beach Bungalows
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a wonderful vacation here. Liz the manager was so friendly and accommodating . It is a very cute cottage. Very tiki chic and homey . The beach was beautiful and so was the property. My kids loved playing with Liz's very well behaved dogs and Fergie another guests dog. We had a Bon fire our last night which was very cool. We will be back in the future!! Thanks Liz!

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stay at Barrett Beach Bungalows often and absolutely love it there. The memories we have made really are priceless. Our children have grown up with the desire to go back each year. We all love playing in the powder white sand, swimming in the pool, taking walks into town, bringing our own bikes and going downtown, kayaking, etc.I could go on and on.

Room Tip: We stay in The Marlin - perfect fit for a family of 4!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We really enjoyed our week at the "Lobster Shack". The place is clean, quiet and has everything you need. Pool is clean and the beachfront is absolute perfection. We went in February and there were times walking where we were the only one for miles. Will definitely return. Indian Shores is our favorite of all the towns along the peninsula.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sherriinfreehold
Reviewed 21 January 2014

As I look out at the foot of snow which fell today in Pennsylvania, I'm counting the days until we return to our bungalow for the sixth year. Can't wait to see Liz again and settle in to the lobster shack.
Absolutely love the beach, which is never crowded, the accommodations, the quiet town and the proximity to lots of attractions.
Our dog especially enjoys his daily trips to the nearby dog park in Seminole.
If you're looking for a laid back vacation, this is great!

Room Tip: Love the lobster shack!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

For the first time ever, my wife and I decided to spend Christmas away from the bone-chilling cold of Ontario in Florida. We chose the Lobster Shack at Barrett Bungalows for a 2 week stay (Dec 21 to Jan 4 - 2014).

It is a small bungalow, steps from the beautiful Indian Shores beach in a nicely treed niche along Gulf Boulevard in Indian Shores. The 1 bedroom bungalow is kind of quirky in a Cape Cod style and came fully equipped and functional with 2 TVs, Internet and all the stuff needed for a care-free stay. It exceeded our expectations for a quiet, clean and pleasant stay with our puppy.

Liz, the owner, was always around, making sure everything went well and food, restaurants and other amenities were literally across the street.

It is certainly not a shiny new condo on the beach but that really is the charm of the place. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return again.

Value for $$$ was exceptional.

My only issue? The knives in the kitchen were so dull that you couldn't cut water so I went and bought a knife sharpener and sharpened the knives. How is that for Obsessive Compulsive behavior?

All-in-all, a great vacation, a great place to stay and a wish I wasn't back in Toronto where the temperature is -22C (windchill of -35C) as I write this review.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I along with our Terrier Jesse and Shi Tzu Luigi stayed in the Dolphin Den cottage Oct 31-Nov 4. This was our first visit to Barrett Bungalows and we loved every minute of it. Our "Boys" were so excited to be there because they almost never get to go to the beach with us. And we all had so much fun. It's so nice to find a place that doesn't just tolerate pets but truly loves them as much as you do. Liz Barrett lives on the property with her own "big boys" and our stay felt like we visiting family. The only problem we had (a tiny one at that) was that WiFi was down when we arrived and a call to Liz resulted in her immediate attention and a quick fix. Liz's Property Assistant Jan was top-notch helping us make arrangements for our stay.

Dolphin Den is a very nice two bedroom cottage and it was well equipped, neat and very clean. Nice beds, large TV with cable, stereo and DVD player in the living room and TV's with cable in the bedrooms. I especially liked the little closet "nook" in the master where we put our boy's bed and kennel; very comfortable for them.

Lots of seating and playroom for the boys in the living room. Our mini-ShiTzu especially loved sitting on the back of the loveseat looking out the window and our terrier enjoyed being able to curl up next to us on the sofa just like at home, so make sure you bring their blankets to put down on the furniture!

The kitchen was a pleasure to cook in and everything we needed was there including a nice fridge with icemaker.

Parking is right outside the door off the street and turning right out the door as you leave Dolphin, you're greeted with a short path through beautiful tropical plants, trees and shrubs that leads to the pool area and then a step down right onto the beach. It really feels like a hidden bed-and-breakfast with the nice walkway and all the beautiful plants. The gated pool area is exceptional; clean and sparkling with nice seating around the pool. What a great place to see the sunset! Liz has also created a little beach courtyard that you walk through as you step toward the surf with lots of chaise lounges and Adirondack chairs for relaxing and sunning and picnic tables to enjoy eating outdoors. Our boys loved to walk down there in the mornings for a romp in the sand. (Be advised dogs are not allowed on the beach proper - and it is patrolled regularly.) A grill is also provided (BYO charcoal).

And that brings us to the beach...WoW. We've stayed in and around Indian Shores for years and this stretch of beach is one of the best. It was never crowded and the sand is fantastic. It's obvious they groom it regularly because there was no trash or debris at all...just clean white sand as far as the eye can see.

I've read other reviews critical of the strict rules at Barrett Bungalows and my only comment is "Good for Liz". She has really created a warm, comfortable and inviting paradise she gladly shares with others, but it's also her home. Having stayed on the property with The Rules never once causing me concern, I truly believe that if these few common sense rules bother you, you need to stay elsewhere.

We hope we are fortunate enough to stay again very soon.

Room Tip: Any of the cottages are great and only steps from the beach. If you simply Must look out your window...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Icecreamkop
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We visited Barrett Beach Bungalows in March of 2013, while they were mid-renovation, and stayed in the Marlin bungalow. We chose it chiefly for the location, as we wanted to be right on the beach. The beach is wonderful and so quiet in comparison to the busier Florida stretches, it was like our own little peaceful place. The Marlin is located adjacent to one of the boulevards leading to the beach, so you would see cars and people there but it was never super busy. Once or twice someone did park in our spot, which could be annoying, but we managed. Once the sun goes down Indian Shores is a pretty quiet town so you don't have much of a party crowd which was great for us with our two children. The Marlin is a very pleasant small bungalow, It has a lovely beachfront patio with a little gate and a pathway straight to the ocean. We could see dolphins leaping past in the waves most days. Our children loved waking up and running onto the beach in their pyjamas, and we loved that we could watch them from the patio while drinking coffee. It was very clean and comfortable with a cute kitch-y decor, very Floridian. Two comfortable bedrooms, basic apartment-style kitchen, decent bathroom. Cute living room. The laundry machine was a plus. The pool was closed when we were there which we expected. There is a large home being erected on stilts above the pool, but apparently when it is completed the pool will re-open. Despite this the Marlin still felt pretty private for such a prime location. I read some complaints that the owner wasn't really present or helpful - I found her to be very pleasant and she replaced something that broke during our stay quite promptly. But I wasn't looking for a tour guide or anything, and I didn't want anyone cleaning our bungalow, so for us it was actually a plus :). There is a wonderful restaurant which we visited frequently called the Salt Rock Grill quite close by and I definitely recommend it for dinner.
I wanted to mention that we did not bring dogs with us...since so many of the reviews for this place focused on dogs. We love dogs and have 2 of our own but they stayed back home. I sort of feared that dogs would be running everywhere from what I read, but this was not the case at all, I might have seen the owners dogs there and there I think but it wasn't a dog-centred place. I never actually saw any of the other guests, or their dogs. So if you aren't bringing a dog that's Ok you can still go!
You have a feeling when you stay here that it won't be around long...prime real estate like this gets snapped up for condo developments all the time, and it was a real treat to stay in one of these tiny beach bungalows while they are still around. I booked again for next year already and am keeping my fingers crossed....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Shores
5 mi away
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Prestige Collection Harbourside at Marker 33
Prestige Collection Harbourside ...
#3 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
#1 of 1 in Indian Shores
Barefoot Beach Resort
Barefoot Beach Resort
#1 of 20 in Indian Shores

Been to Barrett Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!