“Unexpected treasure”
Review of Nature Coast Inn

Nature Coast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Inglis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We loved our stay at Pine Lodge B&B!! It was my first time at a B&B and they just won my heart. Ed and Lea are great hosts and will do just about anything to make your stay complete. I have alot of food alergies but that was no problem for them they went out of their way to make my breakfast a wonderful experience. The food was top notch! The whole place is spotless and very comfortable. You feel as though you 've just come to a family mambers house that you love and haven't seen for a long time. I would say if you are looking for a place that you can just relax and enjoy some quiet time this is the place.
There is a wonder screened in pool that is salt water so no chemicals! that's a plus in my book.Can't say enough about this wonderful treasure we found in Pine Lodge B&B,
But can't wait to go back and we give this place two thumbs up!
Rested and ready for the world,
Darrell and Brenda Troup

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 February 2009

We love escaping winter in Florida, but we HATE the Florida of high-rises and heavy traffic. We head instead for the UN-Florida of yesteryear -- laid-back coastal towns like Anna Maria, Cedar Key, Cape San Blas, Grayton Beach. This year a neighbor whose tastes we trust sent us to a place called Yankeetown, between US19 and the Gulf about 80 miles north of Clearwater. It's a quaint, old-fashioned residential community where the fishermen are serious; kayakers and cyclists are welcome, and the only neon is the Bud Light sign at the saloon in nearby Inglis, which is where the Pine Lodge B&B is.
We found the Pine Lodge on the 'Net and leaped at the $400-a-week rate for a one BR housekeeping cottage. The price was so low we worried all the way there what we'd find. Not to worry. Friendly welcome from Edwin, the transplanted-Yorkshireman proprietor; spotlessly clean cottage, heated pool 20 steps away, quiet nights, starry skies, AND maid service!
The B&B has rooms with breakfast in the main building, and several adjacent housekeeping cottages whose occupants can have breakfast for $7.50 extra a day. We chose the latter and were very satisfied.
Mind you, this place is not for the fussy traveler who wants frou-frou and frills. It's funky. The toilet in our cottage was connected to the HOT water line, which was a bit odd but quite pleasant on a cold morning. Our kitchen was a hotplate and microwave and tiny RV fridge, and Edwin never did find extra coffeemake filters when our supply ran out. But hey, a piece of paper towel worked fine.
But it's friendly and well run and exceptionally priced, and had plenty of business even in the face of hard times.
Yankeetown, like the Pine Lodge. appeals to outdoors-oriented folks (our neighbors were competition trap-shooters on one side and kayakers on the other, and half the vehicles, like ours, had bicycles aboard.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2009

We enjoyed every minute we stayed at Pine Lodge. It was a beautiful B&B and the nearby Yankeetown is probably how Florida used to be. We had the pleasure of experiencing the famous Southern hospitality. The owners made sure we fell in love with this beautiful unspoiled part of Florida with their excellent service and superb breakfast!
We'll be back to enjoy some more!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 January 2009

The Pine Lodge is pretty much everything you'd want in a B and B. The whole place is spotless. The two small rooms are quite small, but the front rooms have sitting areas. The hosts are lovely people. Breakfast was good. The pool is nice, as are the back grounds. We did not see inside a cabin, but I'm sure they are nice too. Every room has a private bath, so no worries there.

The realistic part has to do with where you are. It is a full 10 miles south to Crystal River, which is not a big place either. Inglis has, essentially, nothing. And Pine Lodge is near Inglis, in an area called Yankeetown where there is less than nothing. The nearest recommended restaurant, Our Pub, is a dive with soiled carpeting, though the food was pretty good. (A drunken local nearly fell in my daughter's lap, which I'm told is not uncommon.)

I am not complaining about being in the middle of nowhere. We expected that and enjoyed it. But you need to know that it would be a long drive to anywhere good to eat or to find anything to do.

We had the two small rooms, one for my wife and myself and the other for our daughters (20 and 15). At the midweek special rate, these rooms were a pretty good deal since breakfast was included. But it was still more than we would have paid for a local motel, though worth it to have two rooms and two baths.

All in all, the Pine Lodge is as nice as you read on these pages and the hosts are really very charming. You will not be disappointed by the cleanliness or the quality of the furnishings. But it is in the middle of nowhere, even by northwest Florida standards.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank calebindiana
Reviewed 23 November 2008

What a beautiful place! We stayed there only 1 night and couldn`t even enjoy the full breakfast as we had to leave at 6 am for the manatee tour. But we got coffee and cinnamon cones despite the early hour. The hotel is so sweet and well mantained, the owners so nice and friendly that we will definitely return. The room was beautiful and quiet, Edward was great and gave us valuable tips what to do and where to eat. If you are up for a manatee tour or trips to one of the beatiuful state parks, this is definitely the best place to stay in the area!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2008

Repeat visitor that I am, I went back for 3 weeks this time. Had an absolutely wonderful time, welcomed from the very start by two of my most favourite people in the world, Edwin & Lea, the "host and hostess with the mostest". The following day after my arrival, under clear blue sunny skies I witnessed Ed & Lea receive the Florida Green Lodging Award in recognition of their environmentally conscientious lodging facilities - the first one in Levy County and quite a scoop - picture posted! Pine Lodge still remains a wonderful getaway in beautiful Old Florida, quiet, peaceful, beautifully structured and built to cater to that "need" to get away from it all (Lea & Edwin make a sweet exquisite breakfast to set you up for the rest of your day!) - try and take in a boat ride on the River Withlachochee if possible, especially at sunset. I love it here, and will definitely be going back again and again and again.....

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I was looking for somewhere to stay for a few days while snorkeling with the manatees and diving in Crystal River and decided against the chain motels/hotels in the area. I couldn't be more pleased with my choice.

The Pine Lodge was immaculate and well run. I stayed in the "Duck Room" - a queen bed, private bathroom/shower and cable TV. There were other, bigger rooms as well as private cottages but for my needs the Duck Room was perfect.

The Lodge was a short, easy 15 minute drive to Crystal River and no matter what time of day I made the trip there was no traffic.

On my first morning I had to be out too early for breakfast but on my second day I enjoyed a lovely fruit cup, fresh cooked eggs. juice & tea. Plus spent some time talking with Edwin and Lea about the history of the Lodge...quite a story!

I highly recommend the Pine Lodge - especially if you're looking for an alternative to the chains in town. It's well worth the short drive!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglis
Quality Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River
The Port Hotel and Marina
The Port Hotel and Marina
#8 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Nature Coast Inn? Share your experiences!