“You'll Love It!”
Review of The Lake House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
The Lake House
Ranked #1 of 4 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is one of the nicest and friendliest places we've ever stayed and we travel a lot. The property is unique, kind of like staying at a European villa. Its especially nice if you're in the area for bike riding. Its a fantastic value and a place you'll remember.

Room Tip: The lake view room is grand, but there all different and great. The common areas are super.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim m

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at "The Lake House Bed & Breakfast, Inverness Florida" on December 21 & 22, 2013. Tim and I (ages 54 and 52 respectively) had a lovely visit and was made very comfortable and welcomed. I especially appreciated the attention from the little black dog who adopted me right off. (We left behind our own dachshund herd of six. Cathy's little ones are excellently well mannered and an asset to the B&B for us dog lovers. While there we saw a Blue heron and a white one? Breakfast was beautifully and graciously served and delicious. Thank you Cathy. My new BFF! God bless you an keep you now and through eternity by his grace.
Linda and Tim Pettit of Maryland.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaPettit2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week in the Keys. This was a strategic stop half way home. It turned into a Wonderful 2 night stay for a beautiful and extremely comfortable weekend. Can't say enough about Kathy the accommodations, Invernessas as a community. Will return and highly recommend this as a destination. So much to do in the surrounding areas. Breakfast was awesome. Great presentation and delicious. Thank You Cathy

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Spent this past Saturday at this great B&B. The owner Cathy & Dave are the best!!!! They are so..... welcoming. The weather was perfect so Cathy took us out on their pontoon boat and we stayed out until sunset it was amazing!!! The B&B is quaint with lots to look at and each room is different. The living room with the fireplace would be the ideal spot to cozy up in the colder weather!!!. Breakfast Sunday morning was definitely FROM the HEART! Homemade everything.
I was shocked the place was not booked for the holiday weekend! We will return as it probably will become our new getaway - only 90 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Orlando!!!

Room Tip: All look great
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was a girl-friend getaway and when I found the Lake House, I found exactly what I was looking for. A gorgeous house with a cottage feel, and people who made you feel right at home! It is obvious that Cathy & Dave love their B&B and love entertaining guests. We had a room with a gorgeous view of the back yard and lake, and thoroughly enjoyed relaxing in the house and on the back porch, playing with the dogs, and conversing with the kind folks who run the place. We also enjoyed the homemade, eligant breakfast, served on fine china every morning. Such a fun, historic place, with great character and nostalgia. Thank you for your hospitality and we will definitely send others your way!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake! But, we were fortunate enough to view all of the rooms and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

If you are a regular at B&B's. add this to your list. Great location, solidly built with great architectural features (soaring stone fireplace) , interesting house with a history (built in early 1900's), and night sounds off the lake which could put you in the Amazon with a little imagination. If you don't stay at B&B's as a rule (that's me) then make doubly sure you add this as an option . If you are thinking of staying in Inverness, skip the warm reviews for Central Motel (which I sampled) - pay less...and enjoy more. Tho I did not have the pleasure of meeting Cathy on my first visit, her spirit is everywhere - but but I did meet her husbad, Dave, with who I had the sort of conversation you have with old friends you have not seen for 20+ years. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'm not usually a B & B type person as my decor preference leans more toward modern and minimal and I like to have privacy. However, for this weekend getaway, we wanted something in a small town and reasonably priced. The Lake House was perfect. The location was quiet and the innkeepers could not have been more friendly or hospitable. We really enjoyed the elevated deck above the lake as well as the screened-in porch which provided a great place to play cards and sip wine while it rained. It's a great location near a trailhead for the Withlacochee Trail.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
Central Motel
Old Owl's Nest
Old Owl's Nest
#2 of 4 in Floral City
Van Der Valk Golf Resort Inverness

Been to The Lake House? Share your experiences!