“Awesome place”

Bark Central Dog Park
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Bark Central Dog Park is a privately run 20-acre recreation area where dogs can run, play and swim in a safe environment. Make it a day; bring food and drink while your pet enjoys the following: 15 acres of off-leash areas enclosed by six-foot chain link fencing; separate small and large dog areas; filtered swimming ponds; lots of trees; three training yards for individual or group use; outdoor rinse station; temperament screening. Proof of rabies and DHLPPC vaccinations required.
Baghdad, Iraq
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome place”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

We took our dog hereafter times. The staff on the first visit were awesome, they showed us the facility and showers, explained everything to us. Then it was play time, my dog (rhodesian ridgeback) had a blast. They have a pond and he loved it. Great place and great times.

5 Thank Vince K

Dunnellon, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best dog park ever!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I am a member of the park, and have been for around 2 1/2 years now, although it says below that I visited in October, 2011, that was the oldest date offered and the review cannot be submitted without a date. My dogs absolutely love being there, in fact, they know my routine, and when it's getting time to start getting ready to go, they pace around, stare at me and complain to me that we haven't left yet! It is so nice for them, they can run, play, stalk squirrels, swim, catch balls, and if they're strong enough, swing from the big tree with the rope & ball hanging from it. It's alot of fun to watch them make friends and run/play with them. Sometimes, one chasing another will wind up in a long line of dogs running from one side of the park to the other. The members are friendly, and the staff is awesome. So, if you're travelling this way, and you's like a great place to take your dog[s], this is definitely it!!!!

Visited October 2011
5 Thank Kathryn C
Britt, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We were just visiting the area for a couple of weeks and they allowed us to bring our dog in for a very minimal fee. She absolutely loved it. She met some great dogs and we met great people. Thank you George for allowing us to use your facility. We will definately return.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Elaine P
Inverness, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dogs love it”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

If we say bark central or the park our two dogs go nuts. This is an awesome place to socialize your dogs. Two areas, one for large dogs and one for small dogs. A pool in each area and plenty of pooper scoopers. A vacuum and washing area

Visited September 2012
4 Thank John M
Staunton, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice Facility”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was my first experience in going to a Dog Park so I have nothing to compare this facility with. When I entered the office, I was greeted by George (very helpful and friendly) who checked my dog's medical information to be sure shots were up to date. He took me through the room where you are able to bathe and dry your dog before putting him in the car for the trip home...or have a groomer do it for you. The park is divided into separate areas for large and small dogs. There are ponds, benches, toys, trees, bushes and acres of play area...all enclosed with chain link fence. My dog had a wonderful time while I sat under a tree reading and talking with other owners. Be sure to get good directions if you are not real familiar with the area... a bit ticky to find.

Visited May 2012