“Too hot in Florida to have no a/c”
Review of Beachside Seafood

Beachside Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 32250 - Zip
Description: 32250 - Zip
Gainesville, Florida
“Too hot in Florida to have no a/c”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The food is average and the prices are a touch high. The screened-in porch restaurant idea might work better someplace where it doesn't get so hot. Summertime in Florida requires an air conditioner. Fans just don't cut it. Lots of flies swarming the plate. Constantly swatting them away from the food. Servers are nice. Definitely not my type of place.

• Visited June 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you have issues with walking or wheel chair bound this not the place for you. The restaurant is located upstairs and the only access we could see were the stairs.

We visited this location on a Sunday afternoon.

The menu offered typical fried seafood but also had grilled options. We felt the food was prepared well and tasted good. The staff was very helpful and kept our drinks filled.

The prices ($$) are typical of any place located near the beach.

Alabama
“Waste of $$ and time”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We thought visiting Jax, Bch this time we would try a more home town seafood establishment and do have to say we may just stay with the corporate companys. It looked like it would be a really good place to eat so we stopped in. If you are handicapped you will need to pass as you would have to climb 2 flights of stairs to get to the restaurant. Once upstairs it had a nice atmosphere and prices were on the average for what we thought we were going to get. My husband ordered the broiled shrimp basket and I ordered the fried shrimp basket. No Alaskian snow crab. My grandson ordered the kids corn dog basket and son go the gumbo. 45 mins later we got grilled, dry, cold shrimp, and chewy, rubbery hot fried shrimp 3 drinks and 1 water for $39.47 plus tip. My husband did not tell me his shrimp was cold until we left or I definitely would have sent it all back. He said he was hungry and didn't want to make the grandson wait any longer. My grandson seemed to be having trouble eating the corn dog like it was rubbery as well but didn't say a word. He was brought up to be very polite and not criticize his food and to be thankful he had something on his plate. We need to teach him about when it is appropriate. Hine site I should have sent the whole meal back and walked across to Mcdonalds. There was no use in complaining because it was after 9 pm and they kept yelling on the speaker 86 gumbo, 86 this and that like they were out of food. There were only 5 tables in the whole upstairs occupied. The service was slow with drink refills but other than that, the staff was friendly. I also was not a fan of how they bring the food up from the first floor. I think this is my first negative review and this beach goer will surely not go back.

1 Thank luv2travellots
Athens, Georgia
“Neat atmosphere, food average”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is basically a big screened-in porch over the top of a seafood market. No frills--picnic tables, paper towels, very laid back. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best I've had in the area, either. The staff was friendly, and considering the large party of 20+ people that was in there at the same time, they weren't too slow about getting our food out, either. All in all, I'd rate this place as average.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Great lunch after the beach”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and good seafood in a super casual place (no air conditioning but screens and fans), and you can show up with sand on you from the beach. Perfect for lunch after a morning at Jacksonville Beach.