“We are Hampton Inn junkies”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We travel a great deal and always look for a Hampton Inn. A funny story....I fell in Michigan and fell on my face, my nose was crushed into my face and I was terribly bruised. After an emergency room visit we set out immediately for home in Florida. When the check-in person saw my face and my husband's unshaved face, because of the haste in leaving, they said they were full. We laughed and went to another hotel! They probably thought that my sweet husband of 53 years was a wife beater.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Valerie:

thank you for choosing Hampton Inn's and our Hampton Inn! I sure hope that your bruises heal soon and are feeling better.

Mike

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel is a typical Hampton Inn and we felt comfortable during our stay. We were in a room with a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom area, as opposed to it being in the bathroom, a new feature for us. We did not use it, though. The room was spacious and the a/c worked just fine. However, about 10pm, a loud noise surprised us! It sounded like it was water water rushing down a drain or through a pipe from with the adjacent room or from the room above it. It was very loud, and ceased when we guessed that the shower was over. We were thankful that it did not happen on the morning before we were awakened. Our room was 228. The only other issue was that the egg and cheese omelet and the turkey sausage at breakfast were barely warm, even just out of the steam tray. That was a first for us at a Hampton Inn. All in all, we would probably consider trying it again if we venture that way again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and we apologize for the luke warm egg omelet.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Our objective was the Mayo Clinic. It was about a 15 minute drive from the hotel, mostly major highways. This is a very well kept and friendly hotel with easy parking access close to entrance doors, a very nice outdoor pool and sitting area, and offers an extremely attractive breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

we appreciate your comments and most importantly that you were our guest. We are only 3.5 miles to the Mayo Clinic. If you prefer for nextt time, we can offer you our complimentary shuttle to and from Mayo Clinic.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Good Room size, comfortable. Room furniture, decorations are rudimentary. The invented furniture to hold the small refrigerator and the microwave looks out of place and cheap. The bed cover, mattress and pillows, wonderful, dificult to wake up next day. Great rest. good sound proofing between rooms. Good size bathroom. Soap to small and bad quality, took shower with shampoo. Excelent supply of towels. Air conditioner seems old and very loud. Good location, good value. The furniture with th TV and the other with the refrigerator and micro and the working table could be simple redesigned to look more appealing. Furniture made the room looks cheap.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Miguel:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. We are in the process of changing the furniture that the microwave/refrigerator sit on as it is worn and replacing it with a brand new furniture. We recently used a company to take the scratches out of the furniture. We have upgraded the beds, so we hear that they were very comfortable.

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is the fourth year that I have stayed at this hotel and for the first time I encountered problems. First this is a non-smoking hotel but the bathroom definitely smelled like cigarette smoke. I told the Front Desk about this and they said they would have housekeeping do extra cleaning the next day which did not help me as I was checking out. The second problem was the TV had no signal. I called the Front Desk and was told to unplug the cable and plug it back in. Tried that but still no TV signal. Front Desk said they would have maintenance look at it the next day which once again did not help me. Needless to say I was not happy with my recent stay. A few days after checking out I received an email asking me to complete a survey which I did and stated the problems that I had. To my surprise I received a phone call less than a week later from Rebecca of the hotel to apologize for the problems I encountered and to inform me that since I was not 100% satisfied with my stay the entire amount I had paid for the hotel room was being credited to my credit card. Receiving a refund was nice but most of all I am very pleased to know that the hotel reads these surveys and acts on them. Thank you Jacksonville Hampton Inn for your great customer service and I am very happy to recommend your hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you all the comforts of home!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel was AMZING. The staff was great and the General Manager came out and spoke with everyone at the hotel. It was cleaning and beautiful. It is also in great location to everything in the town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Brianna W:

I enjoyed talking with you and your family while you were here on vacation! I hope that you got to see all of the fun sights and many things to do.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Room was very clean, staff very friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast buffet was grand. Location very convenient to Mayo, Ponte Vedra restaurants, shopping, and beaches. Will stay again if the need arises.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear cswift53:

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay and loved our breakfast!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!