Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Fort Worth, United States
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I attended the managers reception on my first evening of a 5 night stay. The Manager was very involved and making his rounds to all visitors. He was friendly and courteous and very professional. I saw him several times throughout my stay and he was always busy and involved with his team. I ask him one morning for directions to the beach after giving me precise/easy directions he offered me 2 chairs for my wife and I. That has never happened to me before in any of my stays.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Rob:

We appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. Our team appreciated your compliments, and it is our #1 objective to serve our guests!

Good luck to you in your new business.

Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
Kathleen, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived at this hotel from another hotel where we had previously stayed from coming into town a day early. We were tired and ready to check in and relax. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with kindness from the best staff around, specifically Kate and Marie. There was an error in our hotel booking and these ladies went above and beyond to assist us in getting the right room. We had to change rooms three times, but they made what could have been a very disastrous vacation one of the best we've had in a long time. They even realized that my birthday was the day before and treated me to a special gift bag of goodies from the mini mart in the lobby. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfy. Refrigerator and microwave in the room were a big plus. We had a hot tub in our room too which was great! The beach is about 5 miles from the hotel, so we saved money not staying directly on the beach. The breakfast was pretty good and the manager's reception treated us to beer, wine and snacks on Monday evening. I would rate this hotel as one of the best there is. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Ciacat:

If our guests are happy, we are ecstatic! Our team tries so hard to insure every guest is 100% satisfied, and it sure seems that you were happy as well! I see that Kate and Maria surprised you for your birthday, by the way Happy Belated Birthday from me!

Our goal is to serve our guests like family, therefore we will "stand out" as a n excellent hotel to stay at.

Melbourne, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were there for a week long stint at the Mayo Clinic. We appreciate the cleanliness of the property, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the short drive to the clinic/hospital and the even shorter drive to the shopping and food. Kudos and a big thank you to their thoughtful and caring staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Deborah:

We appreciate your business, and I am glad that you were very ahppy with our service!

Jacsonville Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Everything from check in to check out and everything in between was hassle free, comfortable, very accommodating. I was there a full week and everything was always top notch!! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sara:

Thank you for staying with us for 1 week! I am happy to hear that you had a great stay!

Homestead, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel after a long drive from Washington D.C. My co-pilot in life was checking out the area on her phone while I drove. We thought it be a perfect place to relax since the hotel has a nice set up with a jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. Which turned out to be very relaxing, if I might add. However, at around 6:03AM I was sprung out of my sleep to what sounded like the afterburner of an F-18 fighter jet launching from an aircraft carrier. I haven’t jolted from my sleep before but this did it. The NOISE IN THIS ROOM IS GUT WRENCHINGLY UNBEARABLE! (if that makes any sense). I informed the front desk and they apologized and asked the staff in the Laundry Room to refrain from washing anything till 9:30AM. I didn’t see this laundry room the night we checked it, but there it was, right in from of out door in room 128. The water pipes going to this laundry room need some sound surprising. If you HAVE TO stay here ask for a higher floor and away from the 120 - 130 room areas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank skystuntz
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Skystuntz:

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay because where you room was located. Our team needs to remember to be quiet early in the morning because there are people sleeping in the rooms across from the housekeeping department.

I hope that you were able to relax in the jacuzzi prior to being woke up in the morning by noise.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and we do have other jacuzzi rooms upstairs.

London, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Have stayed at this location since 2008...this by far was the worst stay ever. Room needed maintenance and cleaning, had mold in bathroom,broken coffee maker and the a/c unit worked poorly then quit entirely, requiring a move to another room. Past years service has been much better. I am surprised Hampton Inn has not looked at this hotel closer as it definitely has some problems.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Thank Steven M. L
Dear Steven:

I apologize that there were some items that should have been addressed prior to renting you the room. .

What happened to you is not common at all, as we have excellent comfort and service guest service scores from mnay other satisfied guests.

We have since sent you an apology email and hope that you will give you another opportunity to serve you.

Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently visited this property for five nights and found it very enjoyable. A very clean room, comfortable bed, quiet and spacious room, refrigerator, microwave, great breakfast, and reasonably priced.....who could ask for more!

Thank you for a great visit and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Scanzilla:

We appreciate the time that you took to write a review. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,376 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!