Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn at Ponte Vedre while having medical testing at the Mayo Clinic. Noticed immediately upon check in the staff was friendly, attentive, and sincerely interested in me as a person. The room was very clean with updated furnishings. The sheets and pillows were so soft I thought I'd fallen asleep on a bunch of comfy fluffy clouds. Brittany made sure my daughter got the beach while I was testing at the Mayo one day and was extremely kind to her. I appreciated her being so protective of my daughter. She may be 21, but she's still my baby. My daughter adored Brittany and was very touched that she'd go out of her way to give her a ride to the beach. Maria also at the front desk always made me feel stronger and happier after a long tough day of Mayo testing. Although She was just being her naturally kind self, those kind words mean the world to someone struggling with four ver rare and chronic medical conditions. Thomasina was so understanding when I needed to stay in the room while she cleaned because of fatigue from my health issues. The staff at the Hampton treated us like family. We felt loved, appreciated, and protected at this hotel. I have already made the reservations for my Mayo testing in September. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys nice accommodations and extraordinary customer service. The hotel was recommended to us by a dear friend from Jacksonville. She said we'd enjoy it the most and boy, was she right!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Cathy:

I have to tell you that I was touched by the beautiful review that you have given to Brittany, Thomasina, and Maria. Our team is always providing comforting, caring experience. You truly deserve this special treatment as you are our guest.
Consider our hotel to be your home away from home!

Mike

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Flew out here from Nashville to stay with my mom while she had testing done at the Mayo Clinic and was glad to stay at such a comfy hotel! The lobby and room were very clean and orderly, and the beds were cloud soft. Lots of nice little amenities everywhere, and the free breakfast buffet was fantastic (including a make-your-own waffle station, yum).

Special thanks to Brittany at the front desk who looked after us, talked with us, and was even nice enough to shuttle me out to the beach quicker and cheaper than the local taxis would have been. The staff here is very customer-conscious, extremely friendly, and accommodating. Housekeeping was diligent and left our room feeling fresh and new each time we came back for the night.

With all the nebulousness of my mom's condition, a bad hotel stay could have really made things a lot harder on us, but we're definitely coming back anytime we have to stay in Jacksonville.

Dear Americamera:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and team after you departed. I am thrilled to see that Brittany does her usual outstanding service! We appreciate the feedback about your stay and I will be sharing these positive comments with my team.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nothing was wrong with this vacation! We had a wonderful experience with our family and with the hotel! The breakfasts were so satisfying. Breakfast is my favorite meal and this one beat most of my breakfast places at home. The hotel is great and I would recommend it to everyone! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Dear Donna:

Our breakfast is delicious with so many different items and I am glad that you truly enjoyed it.
We appreciate your compliments and thank you again for your business!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I attended the managers reception on my first evening of a 5 night stay. The Manager was very involved and making his rounds to all visitors. He was friendly and courteous and very professional. I saw him several times throughout my stay and he was always busy and involved with his team. I ask him one morning for directions to the beach after giving me precise/easy directions he offered me 2 chairs for my wife and I. That has never happened to me before in any of my stays.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Rob:

We appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. Our team appreciated your compliments, and it is our #1 objective to serve our guests!

Good luck to you in your new business.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived at this hotel from another hotel where we had previously stayed from coming into town a day early. We were tired and ready to check in and relax. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with kindness from the best staff around, specifically Kate and Marie. There was an error in our hotel booking and these ladies went above and beyond to assist us in getting the right room. We had to change rooms three times, but they made what could have been a very disastrous vacation one of the best we've had in a long time. They even realized that my birthday was the day before and treated me to a special gift bag of goodies from the mini mart in the lobby. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfy. Refrigerator and microwave in the room were a big plus. We had a hot tub in our room too which was great! The beach is about 5 miles from the hotel, so we saved money not staying directly on the beach. The breakfast was pretty good and the manager's reception treated us to beer, wine and snacks on Monday evening. I would rate this hotel as one of the best there is. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ciacat:

If our guests are happy, we are ecstatic! Our team tries so hard to insure every guest is 100% satisfied, and it sure seems that you were happy as well! I see that Kate and Maria surprised you for your birthday, by the way Happy Belated Birthday from me!

Our goal is to serve our guests like family, therefore we will "stand out" as a n excellent hotel to stay at.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were there for a week long stint at the Mayo Clinic. We appreciate the cleanliness of the property, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the short drive to the clinic/hospital and the even shorter drive to the shopping and food. Kudos and a big thank you to their thoughtful and caring staff.

Dear Deborah:

We appreciate your business, and I am glad that you were very ahppy with our service!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Everything from check in to check out and everything in between was hassle free, comfortable, very accommodating. I was there a full week and everything was always top notch!! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sara:

Thank you for staying with us for 1 week! I am happy to hear that you had a great stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!