“If you need a view and to be near the beach this place can't be beat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront

and 1 more site!
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Livingston, Texas
“If you need a view and to be near the beach this place can't be beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night. The place appears to be brand new or at the very least freshly remodeled. No worries here. Clean, new, nice. But that's not even the best part.

The proximity to the beach is superb. We've stayed at many beach front hotels. Some have partial beach views or have long long walks from the room to the beach itself, but not here. Great view from your private balcony, easy beach access. All the rooms face a great sunrise.

There are a couple restaurants very close, like just beyond the hotel parking lot. There is a like a snack bar and breakfast buffet hear the lobby. Better than nothing, but we ate elsewhere. I'm guessing this is the only thing keeping this place from being a 4.5 star property.

If you want a full service resort, this is not for you. But if you want great beach access, a great view in a brand new hotel, You'll love it here.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach and have the same view in my opinion.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aquiring_signal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Cedar Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel earlier this week for a couple nights while on business. I previously stayed at this property many times when it was a Quality Suites and enjoyed the service, location and amenities, but was amazed at all the improvements.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the front desk by my old friend Adam, so knew that while the look of the hotel had changed, the service was still a priority. Adam took care of getting me and my business associates checked in and gave an update on the improvements. The first floor was completely renovated to include a bar, library and enlarged workout facilities. The back patio was also improved with a fire pit and lounge furniture.

Upon getting in my room, I was again amazed at the changes. The rooms have been completely gutted and redone from floor to ceiling. The result is fantastic. I especially liked the change from the tub/shower combo to an enlarged shower, as well as the 2 flat screen TV's and the comfortable new beds and bedding.

In the evening, I had the opportunity to meet my new friend Jamal, the bartender. Like Adam, Jamal is helpful friendly and a great representative of the hotel.

I look forward to several more stay here, whether for work or leisure.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a living area and bedroom and all open to the beach. There is not a bad choice h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very excited to hear you took note of all the improvements we have made to our hotel. We're constantly working on making improvements in order to improve our guests' experiences and we're very happy to hear they are being noticed. We appreciate the positive feedback on our front desk talent and bar tender and we're glad you enjoyed the improvements in the guestrooms. We too look forward to having you again at the Four Points Jacksonville Beachfront hotel.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We checked in 02/03/2014 for one night and got room 304. I was impressed with the front desk service from the beginning. I was greeted and on my way to the elevator in under one minute. They had already prepared the room key and the parking permit for me. All he had to do was swipe my credit card and that was it. The front lobby is very neat, clean, organized and smells very fresh. The hallways and elevators as clean and well maintained.
My room was very clean and neat. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the view of the beach. However I am a bit disappointed with the towels. I am not sure if they use two kinds of towels but some of them have off white in color, as if they were bleached in non diluted bleach. Additionally, they had somewhat of a burnt or chlorinated smell. Also, after using one, it left lint all over my body, I had to re-shower and use my own towel. Also, on some of these towels there were black marks, as if the towel was burned while drying. I am suspecting that they are using an outside vendor for laundry services and it could be the reason while these towels, although germ free, were the way they were, subpar in my opinion. Another negative encounter was that the housekeeping staff knocked on my door even though I put up the “do not disturb” sign on my door. I put it there for a reason.
I also like the fact that they use dispensers for shampoo/conditioner/body wash vs. individual small bottles. This way I don’t have to ask for more or use my own.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

There are Sheraton's and then there are Sheraton's! I was so pleasantly surprised with this property! Bed was as comfortable as a Westin bed! Had the suite layout with great workspace, nice tv and bathroom (big walk-in shower) property is right on the beach! Have added this to my favorite Starwood properties! Also many great restaurants within a couple of blocks!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelgm99, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly have one of the best locations of any hotel on the first coast. Thank you for being a SPG member and we hope to see you soon.
jacksonville, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

With this hotel you know exactly what your getting. Every room has a perfect ocean view with balcony. Walk across the street to Joe's Crab Shack or Sneakers sports bar. Must be at least 10 different restaurants and bars within walking distance. 2 separate rooms for entertaining or bringing children. Even a Walgreens right across the way incase you want to stock room with your own snacks.

Only cons: breakfast was a no go. Go out for breakfast. No real restaurant so I don't advise eating there. However the bar food is ok.

Room Tip: Every room is a winner.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayannaluv
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Its great to hear you enjoyed our prime location near several of the areas restaurants and bars. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and the bar food. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Jacksonville Beach.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I are former Ponte Vedra residents and we decided to visit on our way to South Florida. This part of Jacksonville Beach has undergone a remarkable transformation and the Four Points is in the heart of the new Jax Beach. There is a huge sports bar right across the street and HWY 1, with a great selection of restaurants and stores, is a 5 minute walk away. The hotel itself has a very minimalist, beachy vibe with its bleach wood décor and warm, rustic tables. There is a washer/dryer on every floor which is a HUGE plus in a beach location. Rooms are comfortable with the signature Sheridan beds and an array of pillows. Only downside was a very loud blower that came on in the middle of the night. Thought a freight train was coming through. It continued through the night and actually provided white noise so I was able to get back to sleep, but others might be bothered by it. All in all, a wonderful hotel if they just put a muffler on their HVAC system.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LillyAtlanta
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Wow, what a hotel and location. Even though the weather was awful on our trip, we loved the hotel and location. The rooms are very comfortable for a family of 5. The bedroom over looks the ocean and has a nice balcony. The hotel is on a boardwalk and you can stroll down the boardwalk to some stores and restaurants, but the hotel sits as close to the water as any we have stayed. The rooms and lobby are recently renovated and the staff was great. The pool is smallish but who cares when you're at the beach.

The only negative is the food. The breakfast is no longer free and for $7.95 the warm premade buffet food was pretty much bad. We did see some people order from a menu and that food looked good. Also on Wednesdays the hotel offers BBQ and beer for free. Again the food isn't great, but it is at least free.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same and excellent!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,377 reviews
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront? Share your experiences!