“Lunch Today - Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Metro Diner

The Metro Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Augustine, Florida
“Lunch Today - Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just had lunch today - the sandwiches and salads are very good. The portions are HUGE !
The Diner is very retro and the staff is very competent and the price is right. Sad that they are only open for breakfast and lunch. We will be back very soon!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank XNY
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
XNY, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed lunch here at our Jacksonville Beach location! It seems that the majority of the time people are discussing breakfast, so it's refreshing to see you mention our lunch items. With that being said, since you enjoyed our sandwiches and salads, come try us out for breakfast! :) I am sure you will be just as happy with some of our favorites or black board specials, especially on the weekend! I look forward to your visit again!

Brunswick, Georgia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect diner one block from the beach. Eat lots of calories and then go walk them off along a beautiful stretch of beach.

1 Thank janetdominy
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
janetdominy, your response made me smile! Our delicious food is definitely tasty for a reason! I too love to stroll on the beach, especially after a meal like ours! I hope you continue to enjoy our breakfast and lunch items, as well as the beautiful beach right across the street!
Anniston, Alabama
“WOW what a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place is open 6:30am-2:30pm and serves breakfast or lunch 7 days a week. Everything on the menu is good and they pile your plate full. Prices are reasonable and service is great. They say it's where the locals eat; I believe it as the place is packed. We ordered breakfast and could not eat it all. This will be one of our favorite places to eat around here.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank jimandlo23
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
jimandlo23, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit here at our Jacksonville Beach location. If you enjoyed breakfast so much, you will surely enjoy one of our flavorful sandwiches that's packed high with homemade ingredients. Our diner is definitely my favorite and I'm glad to see that it's yours as well. I look forward to you joining us again!!
Allegany, NY
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Down visiting my daughter. Went here for breakfast. I went to my trusty, handy dandy Trip Advisor App. Other people recommend the Charleston. I ordered that and boy was it awesome. I would definitely go back.

Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
jback1131, trip advisor is such a neat place to review when you're visiting somewhere new, isn't it?! I appreciate you checking us out and exploring the different options on our menu from the reviews online. Our Charleston Shrimp and Grits is one of our top sellers and definitely a favorite among both the locals and visitors. Next time you're visiting your daughter, please join us again, perhaps for lunch for the second trip! Thanks again!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Must Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I would travel again from Arizona to Florida just to eat at the Metro. The food is Excellent, I mean REALLY OUTSTANDING. We went for lunch, got in just before closing and it was full, easy to see why. They know how to make out stand meals

Visited June 2014
Daniel D, Manager at The Metro Diner, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
PhnxUnion, what lovely compliments you gave to our Jacksonville Beach location! I agree with you; our food is really outstanding! We have so many comforting items prepared in unique fashions that make each experience delightful! Next stop in Jacksonville Beach, please come say hi and enjoy our dishes and service. We'd love to have you again!