Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed one quick night and had a grey room. The amen entities are what hurt, and the service. More than I can count the front desk agents were missing from their post. Breakfast was not good. The pool, you might as well not have one.room was fine and the Marriott a repos the street which is 5 star isn't much better. So if you have to pick from these two Marriott, stick with this one. It's less expensive and the better one across the street doesn't have enough towels for guests. Both marriott s need help, especially with desk staff!

Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Traveling with my 13 year old daughter I booked a room with a double queen bed. Upon my arrival, I was told there was no such thing and as the hotel was full there was nothing that could be done. Spencer, our front desk attendant, was not interested in my problem as it stemmed from a central booking office. He informed me that the room had a king size bed and a pull out sofa that I would have to make myself. "There are sheets in the closet", said he. Spending nearly $200 per night, I did not feel I should have to make my own bed. I asked Spencer if there was anything he could do to which he replied, "No". Having worked in the hospitality industry for many years, I asked again if he could help remedy the situation. Again, he said, "no". The truth of the matter was that he could have offered me a lower rate, say a AAA rate or he could have contacted the Marriott across the street to see if they might treat us to lunch or he could have checked to see if a late check out on Sunday would have any value. Unfortunately, no, all Spencer could do was to say "no". To top matters off, the "complimentary" breakfast was poorly stocked. When they ran out of sausage and orange juice, the breakfast attendant could only say "no". Maybe that's part of the Marriott training. When a customer is dissatisfied simply say "No, there is nothing we can do!" If anything, my experience is noteworthy for Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Book a room in St. Augustine
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Don't bring the family as there is no room for them, Could not get the luggage cart between the wall and the bed with luggage on it. Went out to the pool and there were only 6 lounge chairs and the same family got those early both days. Hard to believe this is a Marriott!

Room Tip: Must get a suite to have any room at all. Tough for a long stay!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank William S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you're looking for a place in Jacksonville Beach that is reasonably priced and has quick access to the beach, the Fairfield Inn & Suites is a good choice. I usually stay at the Courtyard across the street (can't beat the sea views). The Fairfield Inn's suites are large and clean. Linens are fresh - which you will not find at some other locations on the beach. The free breakfast was very good and included scrambled eggs, yogurt, fruit, and make-your-own waffles. I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. They sent a very large fax out for me without a hitch. Public access to the beach is right across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1FlaGirlTraveler
Reviewed 22 July 2013

booked a free night on short notice. Briefly waited after arriving, were upgraded to suite on bottom floor. Nice room, smelled a little much like airfreshner. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was fully stocked and fresh. Enjoyed the beach in AM due to downpours the day before, just one block over.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is our second stay at this location, and will most certainly be out last. Aside from the tiny ants all over the bathroom and window sills, the gross tiny pool with floaters in it each time we attempted to use it, my biggest complaint is the staff. They seem friendly enough when you pass in the halls and walk through the lobby, but wait until there is a problem. My experience was that no one wants to own the problem, but instead point fingers and shirk responsibility. In our case, my one year olds swim suit was taken from the room three nights before our departure. Each time I asked if it had been found, I was told told that they were behind on laundry and nothing had been looked through. Not only did I have to purchase a new suit, but when they finally found it (I left my contact information, but was never notified it had been found until I called two weeks later to ask about it.) they sent it FedEx overnight, at a cost of $23 to me. This was after I specifically requested they send it standard speed, and was not going to approve a $20 charge for a $15 suit. After three separate people at the hotel confirmed that they knew full well the package would be sent overnight, and therefore the charge would be over $20 and still sent it, I feel that the charge was fraudulent and I will be disputing it.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cfreeman0791
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Rooms are good sized. Free breakfast is varied and filling. Staff is friendly and efficient. Location is right off beach and close to restaurants. Hotel is very clean. Next door to a Courtyard if you want a bar on the ocean. Small swimming pool for children.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach? Share your experiences!