“Wonderful!”

Dining options: Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I dropped in for lunch a few days ago not really expecting much due to the huge turnover this location has had. We were very happy we did. Both meals were excellent (short rib lasagna and bolognese). We are taking friends back with us for dinner this weekend. We really hope that Eva's is here to stay.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome little place - great service”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We went to Eva's for a girls night out - there were six of us, all arriving at different times - when I arrived at 5pm, it was pretty quiet - I sat at the bar and the bartender, who ended up being our waiter too (Attila) told me about the happy hour specials - I'm quite happy that a Pinot Noir was actually on happy hour! He gave me a menu to look at while I waited - and when asked what his favorites were - he said "everything"! Then, he went on to highlight the short rib lasagna, souvlaki and the fresh fish dish. I had read online that the shrimp scampi was amazing so I ended up ordering that. The portion was massive with about 12 fresh large shrimp around the platter. I saw an order of the greek meatballs and they looked pretty darn good too. My friend did get the lasagna - and let me try it - and it was fabulous! The portions are very large, so you will definitely need a to-go box. Somehow, we managed to try dessert - chocolate cake (wow!) and homemade tiaramisu (my friend didn't want to share, but let me taste)- both amazing. I thought the pricing was more than fair for the portions - and the staff was very attentive and friendly.

It's hard to find places to accommodate a group like ours, but it wasn't too busy the night we were there, so they were able to seat us and add a chair when an extra person showed up, and they do take reservations. Our server extended happy hour by an hour for us to allow our friends who showed up late to join in.

I'd definitely go back! Next time, I'm trying the greek meatballs!

Anywhere, USA
“Great Little Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Found Eva's on Trip Advisor when passing through Jacksonville and were very pleased. Food was great - I had the fresh catch (mahi) which was cooked to perfection and my husband had their signature pork dish - we both enjoyed our meals very much. Server was great and owner was very friendly and accommodating - we definitely recommend Eva's!

“Delicious!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

During a recent visit to jacksonville beach, we stopped by Eva's on the advice of Trip Advisor. Our meal was, by far, the most delicious we had during our stay in Fla. We ordered the blackened mahi mahi and shrimp scampi, both of which were served piping hot and were expertly seasoned. The portions were huge, but we ate it all because the flavor was so magnificent. We would recommend Eeva's to anyone anytime. Wonderful reasonably priced gourmet food!

EvasGrill, Owner at Eva's Grill and Bar, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
We want to thank you for your wonderful review. We are a family owned restaurant and believe in serving good tasting fresh food at a fair price. Again thank you for taking the time to spread the word about our restaurant. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

The Wright Family
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place best meal so far during our trip to Jax”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Very good food the shrimp scampi &the linguini was excellant ask for Attila for your server he was great. The catch if the day was flounder which I had blackened...very good just the right amount if spice. Get there before 7pm for the week day happy hour 2 to for 1 drinks...the house wines were very good.

1 Thank Rockgut