“Great food at a reasonable price!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marlin Moon Grille
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
“Great food at a reasonable price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We found this restaurant on TripAdvisor as the #1 rated restaurant in Jacksonville Beach and it didn't disappoint.

If you are looking for quality seafood at a reasonable price this is your place. However, I will say that the cooking style has more of a Chesapeake flair than southern. Luckily, that's what we like.

We started with a special, a crab pretzel. I think this was a limited time thing but would advise them to add it to the permanent menu! What could be wrong with a soft pretzel topped with crab dip and cheese!

My wife had shirmp tacos which were excellent and I had the seafood special which consisted of a crab cake, fried mahi and shrimp. It was excellent as well. I just wish I hadn't eaten so much but it was so good I couldn't stop.

The kids menu is extremely reasonable. My 12 year old bottomless pit had a cheeseburger off of the kids menu and couldn't finish it and for $5 that's a bargain.

The beer selection was solid and the cocktails were inventive.

The place is a bit unassuming on the outside but the atmosphere, service and food were great. I would definitely recommend.

Visited June 2014
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks you dining with us and the great review. Bring your bottomless pit back anytime. I like to say our menu is eclectic, but you are right. Fine Eastern Sho' Casual Dining.

Stay Crabby!!
GBeach

Charleston, South Carolina
“Very Good Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had grilled shrimp, crab cake, vegetables and mashed potatoes with grilled corn. It was all very good. Our waitress, Samantha, was very nice and served us well. We will go again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We are a Five Starr dive! Thanks for your review.

Best Fishes!
GBeach
Apollo Beach, Florida
“"A party in my mouth"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The food is fresh, seasoned well, cooked properly and presented beautifully. Try the tuna tartar with seaweed salad and wasabi or the grilled shrimp. One of my friends at the table ordered the special, grouper, and loved it. The salad was large and fresh-none of that limp leaf sad lettuce in this bowl. Are waitress added to our experience by being friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The owner, Gary Beach was very busy helping out and overseeing every order. I was impressed with his attention to detail. A great meal for a great price and there was even live music.

• Visited May 2014
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thanks so much for the great review and dining with us.

Best Fishes!
Gary Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best value for excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I cannot use too many superlatives for such a wonderfully prepared dinner. I had grilled shrimp with lightly sauteed (still crisp) fresh veg. and mashed garlic potatoes Delicious warm bread and very friendly service. The best surprise of the night was my bill - $17.00!! Location has live piano music (one couple danced) and a well stocked bar. We sat at the bar before and after dinner and enjoyed some delicious, refreshing cocktails. If you do nothing else in Jacksonville Beach, visit this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thanks so much for your awesome review and having dinner with us. Don Minaird plays again every Sunday. Thanks for being our guest.

Tight Lines!
Gbeach
“We were at this restaurant tonight, thumbs up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The food here was exceptionally good.

The service was perfect.

The cost was reasonable considering the quality of the restaurant.

FYI . It's a seafood restaurant but my son had the pastrami Reuben, it was as good as any I've ever had.

marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks that is really awesome. Thanks for being here and for the pick up. The pastrami is made with beef flats (belly) the same cut Carnegie deli uses in NYC. Thanks again!!!

Stay Crabby my Friend,