“1st visit--we will come back”

Salt Life Food Shack
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A table of 4-all adults- our first visit. Parking was hard to find, but we eventually found some. This place always seems crowded, but our wait for the dining room indoors was not too long (maybe 15 minutes). There was a wine and sushi roll special the night we went, and we especially loved the lobster roll. As entrees, 2 people had salmon and 2 people had the "bowls". We had a good time and our server was exceptional. It is a little "echoey" and lively/noisy inside, so if you are looking for a quiet evening, I probably wouldn't recommend it, but if you want to have a fun night out with friends: drinks, and some fresh seafood, we would highly recommend it. We didn't bring our kids, but we saw many families enjoying their dinner, so it seemed family friendly. We had all wondered what the "hype" was about, but the food and service were good and the prices for food and liquor were reasonable, so we were all happy.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had the Asian Salmon Salad (I actually had it 3 nights in a row). Other dishes that I saw looked very good. The restaurant was always busy, but I never noticed much of a wait for a table.

I was curious about this place because of the hype - many folks where I live have "Salt Life" decals on their cars. This is a restaurant owned by the same company. However, it's not at all tacky like you might expect. If you've never heard of Salt Life before, you would just assume this was an independent restaurant.

Easy take out, quick friendly service, decent prices.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We have gone to Salt Life many times. They never disappoint. Daughter loves the aquarium and surfboards everywhere.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Met a business associate here for dinner. The food, the service and the atmosphere was all great. We were there on a Tuesday when they have $5 sushi, or so we learned. We shared two sushi rolls including the Lobster roll, which while a bit thin with lobster, was only $5. For my meal I got a combination of 3 different taco's, all of which were good and at a great price. We were able to sit and talk at length without too much outside noise as the restaurant was busy. We also used the little girls room which was clean and tidy which most women appreciate, myself included. Parking was also easy and plentiful, which I appreciated, especially because we were at the beach. PJ was our waiter and he was very attentive, but in no way intrusive. I had previously read that this service was spotty here, and I was pleased to report a great service experience. I would certainly return.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Salt Life is not only great at making t-shirts, but food too! I absolutely love the party vibe you get upon arriving into the restaurant. The food is also very good. The only reason i had to go with 4 instead of 5 stars is simply the prices are a little high for the extremely casual atmosphere. However, this is very minor. This is a great restaurant overall, so i would say try it!