“Exceeded ALL expectations!”

Casa Marina Hotel and Restaurant
Orange Park
“Exceeded ALL expectations!”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed at the Casa Marina for Thanksgiving. It was amazing!!! The ambiance of days gone by and the rich history the building itself held was breath taking. Chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaited us in our room along with a spectacular view of the ocean. The Thanksgiving buffet was absolutely impeccable and the staff, Management, Bartenders, Servers and Housekeeping went out of their way to see to my every need. Remembered my name even after the hustle and bustle, right up to check out. I would LIVE at the Casa Marina if at all possible! Heartfelt Thank you to all of the staff at the Casa!!!!

JCarter - Orange Park, FL

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JCarter C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Spent a weekend at the hotel for a family wedding. Upon entering the "penthouse bar" a rough and tumble bouncer gave everyone a hard time to get in (btw: this was a 40 something wedding). After settling, I approached the bar to order 5 drinks for friends. Ad it was loud( too loud for such a small crowd) a bat patron gave me slot of hassle as I ordered. Upon returning to the bar for a second round, the same Patron did not like me ordering over his back. I told him I would be home in one minute and apologized for his trouble. He them grabbed my tie, strangled my with it and then slapped me. Each bartender saw the incident and layer stated that I was the most likely instigator of the issue. Wow! I've bartender for 6 years before my profesional career and rule #1 was remove the instigator. I spent $400 dollars on room, food and drink for one night of the worst travel and hotel experience of my life!!! The issue is not the facility but the people who ate their to protect and respect the sanctity of 4+ star accommodations. Do not expect this as soon as the sun goes down it's complete anarchy. Boooooooooo!!!

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank Russianhands
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This place is Awful!! The rooms are dark and dirty (don't know how long ago these pics were taken but look nothing like our room) Our shoes stuck to the carpet and the furniture was really uncomfortable. We even found old food and candy under the furniture when we were making sure we had everything before checkout. The noise level is unbearable, especially in rooms near the front entrance and bar entrance from both inside and out. Walls are paper thin and you may then wish you were hearing the bar noise. Ok if you want a party hotel, but for the price of the suite (which I use the term loosely) , you would be better off to go get a really nice room at the Marriott....and still maybe have some money to spare!! Not the place to be if you want a relaxing weekend/stay. You will go home with a bad back and bags under your eyes from lack of sleep. Only redeeming things were that the wedding/reception/food were good. Should have stayed somewhere else and driven over for the festivities.

It is said to be haunted but even the ghosts have moved on due to the noise!!!
Only single party animals would probably be happy staying here. This place is historical but has not fared well. They need to decide what to be when they grow up. Trying miserably to be classy while trying to make money off the rowdy bar crowd. Shouldn't charge upscale rates (when it is definitely not) and then sell out to the party crowd at the expense of your guests.

Room Tip: only a couple of rooms have a window view of ocean. stay on opposite end of stairs to 3rd floor bar...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank criticallysweet
Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The Sunday Brunch is fabulous! Probably one of the nicest, well stocked, cleanest brunch buffet's I've ever seen. Our seating host was delightful, I think his name was Sinclair and he remembered to wish my husband Happy Birthday, which was the purpose of our visit. Unfortunately our waiter greeted us, brought our coffee and mimosa's and then we barely saw him. We had to ask 2 other wait staff fill our coffee, water or clear our plates even though we could see our waiter taking care of others, this was disappointing, especially since it was not a full house on this day and we were there for a special occasion. Also, the omelet & carving chef, though he made a really good omelet, was kinda gruff and not terribly personable. That said, this is a beautiful brunch with a fabulous variety of breakfast, lunch & desserts (yummy)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FLAnywhere
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This hotel is much better online than in reality, but I'm giving it a "very good" because of the character and history of the hotel. Don't go if you want room service or other frills, but go to eat at their rooftop restaurant/bar, and enjoy the pictures in the staircase showing past pictures of the hotel and its inhabitants. I think it's supposed to be haunted, and it is interesting, but there's not much in the area if you want to walk places. You'll end up in Atlantic Beach/Neptune Beach.

There was a wedding there when we were there so it was more crowded than usual. Rooms are clean, old fashioned and interesting. Not much sound barrier between the walls, so a tad noisy (then again, could have been the wedding guests). Food "ok" but expensive for the place I thought. Overall, interesting.

Room Tip: Go for the history, but not for any frills
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D Dawn K
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My fiance and I decided to drive to Jacksonville last minute to catch some waves and get a little R and R. What we didn't expect was this adorable place on the beach at such reasonable prices! The atmosphere makes for the experience that I am always looking for!
The front desk staff were very helpful and easy to talk to. The room was fabulous! I am dying to go back! There is a penthouse bar overlooking the ocean that had a band. So much within walking distance.
This is a GREAT bang for your buck
Only negative was that we had the room directly under the bar and the music kept us up.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cindyc1121
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2011

If you are looking for a typical sterile hotel, do not stay here. This is a historic hotel with a particular kind of charm. The room decor is heavy-handed -- antiques, velvet couches, etc. However, the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, and the location makes up for the dark interior. It is right on the beach. You won't be bothered by visitors to any other properties in the area because there really aren't any. There are empty lots on either side and empty buildings across the street. Despite that, the place feels very safe, and seems popular. The rooftop bar is always hopping, and there is live music Wednesday nights. The festivities end at 10, so that will have to be your bedtime that night because you can't possibly sleep while that's going on. It's OK, though, because the band is good. The walls are fairly thin, but there's not much the hotel can do about that. Denile at the front desk was amazing -- helpful and funny!

Room Tip: The hotel is U-shaped. Rooms either face the street, the courtyard, or the side (ocean view). Try to...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BC95
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Casa Marina Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!