“They just couldn't care less” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront

Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
“They just couldn't care less”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts over the last few year. I have been platinum with over 110 nights per year. So staying in hotels is something I'm used to. But the courtyard seemed to not care how or wbhst people did. There bar stayed open till all hours and keep my kids up till after 12:00. I called to ask when it ends and there answer was it's a bar and a holiday, I said it's a hotel and the night manager just said to bad. So professional
The next evening my daughter was crying at 9:00 from being over tired, and we got a complaint. Wow that was funny since the bar again was going full blast. If just laughed and headed down to the front desk, we to cap it off I had to kill a roach in our room so I took that along for a present. The front desk staff staff again really don't care.
The hotel also does not manager the constant flow of people throughout to the pool, multiple groups would drive up park on the side street and spend the day. Twe had to end up fighting for pool space. You think the rates would be cheaper if they charge all the free loaders.
I agree with the other poor reviews they just don't care, it is called customer service!
So the moral of this review don't go the the Jacksonville courtyard, they
really need to learn something about service from the JW Marriott staff in Shenzhen China

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank SkyFactory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Doha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

The location of this Marriott is perfect for the beach, the room was clean and big but the overall hotel seems to be very old, we got upgraded to a suite in front of the pool because our reservation was missing, front desk staff was excellent to fix this problem. The breakfast was average and pretty expensive, I thought it was included in the price but it was not. There are a lot of vending machines and a small store on the back of the front desk with sandwiches, drinks, snacks, etc. since the hotel doesn't have room service. The pool is really nice, they don't have a kids pool but my 2 years old enjoyed staying with me all the time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank DaniSan
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We just checked out of the Courtyard by Marriott after staying two nights in an oceanfront room.
Che k in process was smooth. Our room was ready and was high enough to have a great view. We had breakfast included in the rate which was a full American buffet and very delicious.
There is a hot tub,outdoor bar as well as an indoor bar and big screen TV,great for football viewing.
They also have a little market where you can buy food and take to your room,which has a fridge and microwave.
We had a wonderful time with our daughter and grandchildren.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront for sure
1 Thank diamondgirl22
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

A really nice hotel. For 13 years I would always stay next door - without question. The moment I was denied a room at the competitor hotel, I decided I would give Courtyard Marriott a whirl. Talk about the right choice. Clean rooms, new rooms, excellent and friendly service - just plain awesome. Unlike those who run the place next door - I feel you understand the value of loyal repeat customers. Thanks

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DougNichols
Rural, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

This was my first stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Jacksonville Beach. My oceanfront room was awesome. The view was perfect to watch the sunrise every morning. Room and hotel were very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Wireless always worked and was free. Employees were all pleasant, you have to like Southern Hospitality! Adequate parking, always found a spot. I will definately stay here again!

1 Thank Larkynsmommy
south carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stay'd here over the Labor Day holiday not the best experience but not the worst either...the hotel itself was clean and in really good condition..The rooms are small with very limited furniture. Walls paper thin we could hear people above us it was horrible they were up 7am every day and we could hear every movement over our head couldnt go back to sleep we came very close to finding another hotel but my husband didnt want the hassel of packing...Please check your bill we had room service charges we didnt have $15 charge I almost didnt catch...movies on demand I thought was expensive $20 think we normally pay like $13-15 which is already high if I wanted to pay $20 for a movie I'll go to the movies...I guess its the fact these movies are not fully out yet!!!
staff not very friendly at all..alot of blank looks, cold answers and no help...Beach was wonderful.... area itself seem a little run-down not the Florida feel I was looking or hoping for..

Sleep Quality
2 Thank gvemeabrk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Located right on the beach w/ ocean view rooms available. The beach was much better than expected. Everything was priced reasonably and staff was accommodating.

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,378 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!