“Great Place to stay on Jax Beach”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Even though the weather was miserable, the room and the hotel were superb. A great view of the beach, and an up to date, roomy, clean place to stay. Comfy beds and pillows, and a friendly staff were a great help in soothing the frown that mother nature delivered. I'll certainly come back here next opportunity.

Room Tip: The ocean is the reason you're there, so ocean front is the only way to go...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The location on the beach is good. The staff is not the much friendly but I guess they think there is not much competition in Jacksonville Beach. The rooms are large and that a big plus. I would try again and hope the front desk staff is nicer. So give it a try if you want to stay give it a shoot.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hapeit
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My friend and I spent my birthday weekend at Jacksonville Beach at the Marriott Courtyard! The room was beautiful, oceanfront! Very clean, exceptional service, outstanding and friendly staff. Their breakfast buffet was delicious and reasonably priced. The hotel is within walking distance to the pier and points of interest at the beach. We are already making plans to return for New Year's Eve!

Charlotte

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 days (7th floor) while my husband taught a class. The hotel was impecable and the view breathtaking. The Pool and hot tub were nice, as well as a fire pit. Next door rented bicycles, surfboards, chairs and umbrellas. The pier was about 3/4 of a mile away. There was a breakfast buffet, ice cream and other food and drinks that could be purchased. Since I was alone during the day it was nice that I had a choice to purchase stouffers Lasagna and various meals I could microwave. Most of all the beds were very comfortable. That really makes a difference where we stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daiseymay2
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I hate to write a poor review, but i am compelled to do so. I am a Marriott Platinum and want all of you to know its not what its made up to be. Got a nice email from the concierge asking how she could help. I replied and never heard back. No big deal. Checked in and asked for a quiet room. Got one except the air conditioner was too loud. Went to the front desk and they put me in another room. Rooms are okay, but not real new as you see from more modern courtyards. The beach view was great. I didn't sleep well that night and when i woke up the smoke detector looked like a strobe light at a disco. Annoying and didn't help getting back to sleep. No room receipt under the door in the morning. Now I have to call the hotel and have then send me on. Hassle... Bathroom was not clean

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely stay at this beautiful hotel on the beach in Jacksonville, Florida. The room was lovely, the staff very friendly - and we were steps from the ocean. I recommend it to anyone coming in to Jacksonville -- the rates were very reasonable and the location was extraordinary.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan B
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My Husband & I had a wonderful stay at the Hotel, Clean & Nice Ocean View
The Suite was nice, but for the over-all expense, it was not such a great deal!
I was shocked it didn't have a complete kitchen, a small cheap box refrigerator with no freezer!
We stayed for six days, we could only purchase dry food, There wasn't any room for cold food,
just cold drinks!
The breakfast food was wonderful! The staff was great, except for one lady that came out of the kitchen and was refilling the food/eggs She was not nice, she scolded me because I wasn't using
the correct serving utensil !
The last night before our departure, we were sitting in the Jacuzzi late afternoon Two other groups of people. We're using foul language at each other, and also smoking. They were all getting drunk!
My family had to leave the pool area because I did not want the children to hear such bad language, I told a staff member who was outside, that the group needed to be cut off drinking from your bar. And a guy was smoking in the Jacuzzi, ashes were going in water!
He shrugged his shoulders, and said people could smoke in the pool area!
There was a sign No Smoking in pool area!
Also, my child was walking outside of the pool/ the outside edges were cracked in some places,
He cut his toe, on one of the cracks. The staff member/guy showed no concern except washing the blood off cement.
I wanted to thank all of the girls working in the kitchen/Dining They were awesome!
Bonnie L

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bonnie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!