“Wonderful property”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a fantastic Marriott Courtyard, pristine, quiet and well managed with exceptional ocean views ! The hotel Manager, Alex is outstanding and very delightful. Accessible and friendly with guests. Alex went out of his way to make sure our visit met all expectations. We could not have been more pleased with the staff, professional and attentive. Maid service is prompt and rooms are in good condition. The ocean views are unbelievable and the beach access is only a few steps from the pool area. Beach is great for walking, running or riding bikes. Starbucks is on site and restaurant is very good. Property is well maintained and the value is excellent. We will absolutely return to this property. Great hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mrs. P M

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I know all our staff is very dedicated to serving the guests and truly enjoy what they do. It was a pleasure to assist you with your reservation and I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here 05/06/14. Right on the beach with lots of beachfront to walk and we took advantage of it. Loved all of the people and their pooches walking, playing and riding their bikes. We didn't want to drive anywhere for dinner and the concierge recommended a few places relatively close by. We walked over to Salt Life Food Shack, it has a laid back vibe but is a bit more upscale. Went back to the hotel and enjoyed a few beers around the outdoor fire pit. There was some sort of business event going on and we met some very nice people. Ate at the Metro Diner (featured on Diners, Driveins and Dives) the next day for lunch before heading out. The staff at the Courtyard was great - very friendly. Would stay again.

1  Thank 4dpkeith

It’s great to hear you enjoy the hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately, during this time of year due to demand our prices will be a little higher than the typical Courtyard by Marriott hotel but very competitive for hotels within the area. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you back in Jacksonville Beach.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

So, I was in Jax Beach to visit my brother, sister in law, and four nephews. Also doing some recon for my mother for her winter visits. Opted to stay at a Hotel vs the family, mostly to mitigate the noisy nephews family life (all are great kids) Very concerned as I walked in on a full lobby-downstairs remodel. (will there be sleep) The front desk clerk read my face like a book, assured me that the work is during the day, and would have a quiet room for my stay. Fourth floor, partial view of the ocean, and very quiet. The pool was a bit small for me, and unless you are there early, or later, it was filled with kids, which made swimming a bit dicey. But, the pool area was very nice, as was the hot tub. Excellent beach access, but the ocean was choppy and cold (End March/Early April) Satellite bar at night had Don Julio Blanco and cold beers, so happy there. I had three different bartenders on different occasions give me great recommendations. So, in short, the staff was accommodating and kind, the service was very good, the rooms clean and for me, very quiet. I must have been away from the wedding party that was there, and it is so close to Neptune's Beach and residential, and the beach itself is great for walking or running. I look forward to see how the remodel went

Room Tip: My stay was impeccable on every level, from the room, to the location, to the service. I look forwa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tommaso A
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Tommaso A, Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and recognizing we are a certified green hotel. This is something we really pride ourselves on. You may not have been aware but want to mention that we are a sea turtle friendly hotel as well.
We officially reopened the new lobby at the beginning of April and the comments have all been really positive.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We really like it here, the views that over look the ocean are nothing short of stunning.

I have yet, and this was our second visit, to find a member of staff in the whole hotel who goes out of their way to make one feel welcome or goes that extra mile to ensure a memorable stay but on the other hand, no-one is rude.

Basically, expect a fantastic view and nothing extra and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardOcean, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront.

You indicated in your response that the staff was not extraordinary. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is a perfect place to vacation with the family or sneak away for a romantic weekend. The rooms are very clean and the staff were great. The Buffett breakfast was a nice surprise that we enjoyed. This resort is very close to shops and nice places to eat. We will be back next month!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AFowler31
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear AFowler31, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We love the photo and look forward to seeing you next month. Thank you for your business and if I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We are currently staying at the Courtyard and we have really enjoyed our stay. The hotel itself is on the north end of the beach near a residential area so it's quieter but still fairly busy. We arrived on May 23rd around 1:00 PM and upon our arrival we were checked in very quickly and with no wait; Which was good because as the day progressed there was a line for check in. The parking lot has been crowded but that's to be expected on Memorial Day weekend. We were told that we could also park at the hotel across the street if we could not find parking. The hotel itself is nice. They have an updated lobby with a Starbucks counter and an interactive screen which shows you news, weather and POI in the area that allows you to print directions also. That's a nice feature for the techy crowd, which I belong too. There also a concierge service here. She's a very nice lady who recommended "the Seafood Company" for us to have dinner. While the food was tasty, the portions are very small and not worth what they charge in my opinion. There's direct access to the beach with a resort style pool, outside lounge area, and fire pit/torches which are lit nightly. I haven't sat on the outside deck near the pool but it's nice to see at night and has plenty of tables and space.

The only drawbacks I have at this particular time are these:
1. Our door does not have a floor seal on it. So light floods under the door at all times and anyone who walks by or sings or laughs or whatever can be heard very clearly and loudly which makes sleeping in or sleeping at all very difficult at times.
2. No complimentary breakfast which is not a deal breaker but desired nonetheless. They do offer food at the cafe/restaurant in the lobby however we have not purchased anything from there.
3. One major drawback is if you have an ocean view room, there is a section of the lower part of the building that the roof is painted a very bright teal, almost white. It reflects the sun very harshly towards the upper floors that make sitting on the balcony in the daytime almost impossible. It's blinding. A less reflective color would definitely be better where heat and light are concerned.

We're in room 434.

Room Tip: Anything ocean view. You can either stay over the pool or over the roof of the lower part of the bui...
3  Thank Omar A

Dear Omar A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. I also do apologizes for the drawbacks you experienced while staying with us and appreciate the feedback so we can continue to improve. I do want to let you know that we will begin renovating our rooms at the end of this year, at that time we will include addressing the door gaps. As for the exterior roof, this use to be a black roof but was painted an off white to conserve energy. We are currently scheduled to paint it within the year, at that time a difference color (less reflective color) will be considered. We strive to ensure that all of our customers truly enjoy our hotel and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The property is lovely. The lobby, the beach and pool area are attractive and clean. The front desk staff, however, were neither helpful or welcoming. We were celebrating our anniversary and our daughter called from Ohio to request a celebratory wine and snack tray as a surprise. She was told that our reservation was cancelled. Of course she called me and questioned this. I had not cancelled the reservation so I called. I spoke with Ashley who was curt and would only say that the reservation was called by phone by "someone". I requested that the reservation be restored and she said she didn't do thus and I should go back on line and make another reservation if a room was available. I obviously pushed back and requested a manager. She put me on hold and came back in 60 seconds and told me the reservation was restored. When we checked in I asked about the possibility of an upgrade (note-not complimentary ) and was told "we just don't do that-you need to do that on line." I heard other guests make requests which we're not received we'll by the staff. The staff in the pool, bar, and restaurant were great. Very accomodating and great food and beverages.

Room Tip: Ocean view would be worth the money
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Helenk19,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. It’s great to hear the positive comments regarding the wait staff and food, especially since we just opened the Courtyard Bistro at the end of April. I am sorry for the mix up of your reservation and how it was handled by the front desk staff. While I am not exactly sure what happened, I believe you may have booked with a 3rd party site. This may have been why our staff informed you they were unable to adjust your reservation. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I would be more than happy to investigate further.

Thank you for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#7 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!