“Very pleasant stay and beautiful ocean view.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront

Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very pleasant stay and beautiful ocean view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in July. Our room had a wonderful ocean view with gorgeous sunsets. The staff was always friendly and very accommodating. The room was comfortable and clean, although one day the cleaning was obviously rushed. We enjoyed breakfast with made to order omelets and very fresh fruit. The pool area was nice and the Tiki Bar was comfortable with wonderful, friendly staff. The beach is clean and nice to swim and walk on. St. Augustine is less than an hour away for a tourist day and fishing excursions. The hotel should work out a special with the rental group for chairs and umbrellas. This gets costly when your are the for a week. Overall nice stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginny W
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Ginny W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and amenities . I do want to mention that we do have some rates available that include the beach chairs. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to sharing them with my team.
Sincerely, Alex Reitter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Jacksonville Beach for the first time with my wife and 2 young grandchildren. We spent 3 days at this hotel. Quite honestly, it was the worst room experience I have ever had at a Marriott property. I have been a Platinum member for several years, so I have a lot of stays all over the world. We arrived late at night as a result of a flight delay. The room we were assigned was terrible. The bathroom had not been cleaned. There was used bar soap and open shampoo from the previous guests. The air conditioner was problematic and made loud noises constantly - so loud it frightened the children. And, we were by the elevator where squeaky hydraulics were a constant annoyance. We heard every guest and worker on the floor at the elevator through the wide gap at the bottom of our room door.

I requested a room change the next morning, and would pay the difference if the room was a higher cost. The front desk clerk curtly told me that I would not like any of the other room choices and she would notify housekeeping about the cleaning and send maintenance up for the ac. After pressing the issue that I wanted a different room, she said she would call me a little later when one was available. I asked that maintenance still look at the ac, and again got a very curt answer. "Do you want a different room or the ac fixed?" I advised her that I wanted both, in the event another suitable room was not available right away.

I checked online, and nearly every type of room was available for booking. I assume it was too much trouble for them to accommodate my request and easier just to tell me a lie.

In the end, I got none of the above. The bathroom was not cleaned a SECOND day until I did it myself. I never got a call for another room. Housekeeping shows up very late - 3:30 pm. On our last day, the baby was asleep when they arrived. We asked if they could return in an hour, and was told no - she leaves at 4:00 and no housekeeping was available after that.

We ate breakfast at the buffet on the last day. The food was fresh and good. However, the person who was supposed to be making omelettes and eggs was MIA the entire time. I suppose I could have asked someone if he could be found, but I was just weary of this hotel.

There were always a lot of staff around, and greeted us pleasantly. But overall, this hotel needs better management and oversight. I suppose they assume that because they are in a resort area, if I don't come back, demand is high enough that someone else will. I hope their assumption is correct.

3 Thank DAW59
CourtyardOcean, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I apologize to you about not receiving the best that Marriott offers. I have shared your comments with the appropriate staff members.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel had it all! Ocean view like no other and I've stayed in pretty shnazzy hotels (Sandals, Dreams, Riu Palace). The staff was tremendously helpful and sincere. We travelled with 3 boys 10, 6 & 5. On Saturday the hotel has a wonderful couple come in and offer crafts for the kids for free. The breakfast was yummy including an omelet station. The hotel is super clean and manicured grounds. The ocean is literally right out the back door. I would stay here again and again. Also I left my bathing suit in the bathroom upon checkout, I called and let them know and they had it sent to me!!! You can't beat that!!! The manager is extremely friendly and gets to know guests. I cannot say enough about this hotel! But you don't have to take my word for it lol ;)

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Jessica W
Dear Jessica,
Thank you for the wonderful review of the hotel. We appreciate the positive comments regarding the staff and it’s great to hear you enjoyed the crafts with Gwen on Saturday morning. She has been a great addition to the weekend atmosphere for the hotel. We look forward to seeing you back in Jacksonville Beach.
Alex Reitter
Jasper, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The beach was beautiful and Carlisle at the front desk was a delight. The rooms and furniture were outdated (fraying furniture, repaired plaster marks on the ceiling and a worn-out appearance in the rooms). We were approached in the hallways by teenagers that made us very uncomfortable. We could not even get to the pool area for the first full day there. The fire pit looked very nice but once again, we could not even get near it because of a large group that took up the entire area. We were given two free drink coupons to their bar to compensate for our discomfort which was laughable. We definitely over-paid for this stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sherrill T
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments regarding our staff. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you mention regarding other hotel guests and the facilities. While the hotel does remain very busy, we generally always have enough space on the pool deck and have noticed that most of the guests are always willing to move over a chair or two. We appreciate your business and your feedback very much.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in April 2014 for a long weekend. Got an ocean view room - beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beach was beautiful. Walking distance to nice restaurants. Pool area was nice - plenty of chairs. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AKD
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear AKD

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Courtyard Oceanfront. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we couldn't agree more about the wonderful sunrises from the oceanfront rooms. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in Jacksonville Beach.

Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stopped for a night while traveling from West Palm Beach. Nice hotel right on the beach - pool area with outdoor bar. Very nice beach area with lifeguards. Although it was a little older property it is in very good shape and the staff is excellent.

1 Thank dcwhit
Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience at the Courtyard Oceanfront. We do want to let you know that we will begin renovating the guest rooms beginning in December which will really help the appearance of the hotel. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you, Alex Reitter
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a room at this hotel about two weeks ahead of our vacation with our 6 year old granddaughter. Our room was clean and spacious with no noise issues. The housekeepers did a great job of cleaning the room in spite of the sand we had tracked in. Our move from one room to another (pre planned) went far more smoothly than anticipated. We were impressed by how well this was handled. We all enjoyed the pool area and also how easy it was to get down to the beach. I was interested in one review that mentioned that the hotel was more geared to tourists than to business travelers. Our impression and that of a guest who had stayed there frequently was that the atmosphere was more corporate and less family. That being said, we would definitely stay there again.

2 Thank Mary Anne H
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Courtyard Oceanfront. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay to this level, and you recognized our staff for their relentless commitment to superior service. While the Courtyard brand is typically designed with the business traveler in mind, this hotel, especially in July does place a large emphasis on the family travelers due to location. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,376 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!