“Birthday for Haley and vacation!”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel because of the beach access, niceness of this hotel. All of the staff were very helpful, nice and always smiling. We enjoined our stay and want to go back. Everything was clean and nice. The only negative thing was the tub was slippery, need a mat for the tub. We really had fun, my first time seeing the Atlantic Ocean. It was awesome!! Thanks for such a wonderful stay..

Room Tip: Any room is a great choice. Ours was on the east side, part of a view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for staying and taking the time to leave such a great review. We look forward to your return visit to Courtyard Oceanfront.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband & I stayed at the hotel for our honeymoon night. We brought 2 cards to the room after the wedding (from my parents) and accidentally left them after we checked out. Housekeeping turned in one card (with an enclosed check) and failed to turn in the other card that had $300 cash taped inside. I was extremely disappointed with how management handled the situation. The front desk staff simply said 'our housekeeping wouldn't do that'. When I spoke with the guest services manager, Lisa Schultz, and told her that I wasn't looking for the cash back but simply suggested she look into whoever cleaned the room, her simple response was 'I'll take that into consideration'. What poor customer service for a hotel you pay premium for. There were no apologies whatsoever. When we visit Jax beach again, we will take our business to a hotel who cares about customer service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jay L
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Jay L,

I apologize for the issues with your lost item and understand your frustration. I know that once our staff came across the check we immediately emailed you to inform you of the forgotten item. Unfortunately nothing else was found in the room.
Again, I apologize how the situation was handle and for the loss of the item. If I can be of any other assistance, please feel free to contact the hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Oceanfront! Great location! Great food! Convenient! Nice pool! Several computers at Business Center at no charge! Convenient guest laundry for wet beach clothes! Nice eating area! Chef cooks to order! Very clean!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for all your wonderful comments about the hotel. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you back at the Courtyard in Jacksonville Beach.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is not your standard Marriott; we were here on business for my husband and I tagged along to extend the trip for some fun. We had top corner floor and were here for 4 nights. This hotel is so outdated- we had a rusty gross shower caddy in our shower, and the counter is so tiny in the bathroom. The tile is the old school flat shiny kind that you slip and slide all over. Not what we've ever expected for an executive suite. The deck chairs are worn out and the furniture and bed are uncomfortable and old. If not for the great staff that was wonderful and friendly and the amazing view, we would've have left after the first night. As far as location, there isn't much right outside the door other than the beach. We walked the 1 1/2 miles down to Neptune every night for dinner- there's some great eats down there. We didn't mind the walk but it wouldn't be for everyone. The Metro Diner is just a couple of blocks up on the main drag and was fabulous! Everything south of the hotel was run down and disappointing though. Overall, gets the beach fix, but would've have loved a more comfortable bed, and for the love, get rid of the nasty shower caddy!

Stayed: August 2014
CourtyardOcean, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

We are glad that our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable. We appreciate your comments on our rooms and will take them into consideration when we start our renovations in December 2014.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stay aat the Courtyard Marriott Jax Beach Oceanfront each time we visit our daughter and son in law. This is a beautiful place with an awesome view of the ocean. The Tiki Bar at the pool is nice and Brittany remembers us each time we visit.
The only complaint I'd have is that the doors closing are very disturbing early in the morning as they slam and you can hear them.

Room Tip: Not sure what would reduce the noise of slamming doors?
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tawni H
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Tawni H,

Thank you for wonderful review of the hotel. It’s great to hear these type of comments from our regular guests, we truly value your business. I apologize for the noise from the slamming doors, I will bring it to my team and see if we can come up with any solutions to adjust the doors. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return trip.

Alex Reitter

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

A little disappointing...
When my wife said she booked us at the Courtyard, I was pleased as I travel a lot and the Courtyards have always been her way of giving me a little treat compared to the holiday and Hampton Inns.
This Courtyard has several good attributes such as beautiful ocean side balcony views! Ours was on the fourth floor and had just that view. It also had a very large balcony as we had the junior suite.
The room was very spacious but was reminiscent of an old Holiday Inn.
The fit and Finnish was very dated and the furniture, especially the couch was horrific. Two of the lights had issues and required me repairing one of the light sockets and the other had a bad switch requiring I screw the bulb in for on and out for off! Not at all what I have enjoyed in the other Courtyard locations.
The cleaning staff however was wonderful! Every time we passed them they were so nice! Good work guys!
The dining staff was also very nice even though the buffet was way over priced at 14.00 per person! But I know, you pay for convenience.
I would suggest a major renovation in the near future.
All in all, we had a great time and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank bullfrogbend
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear bullfrogbend,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments regarding our staff, service, and overall amenities. I sincerely apologize for the issues in your room, we are schedule to begin renovating all of our guests rooms December of this year. We appreciate your business and your feedback very much.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for a week in July. Our room had a wonderful ocean view with gorgeous sunsets. The staff was always friendly and very accommodating. The room was comfortable and clean, although one day the cleaning was obviously rushed. We enjoyed breakfast with made to order omelets and very fresh fruit. The pool area was nice and the Tiki Bar was comfortable with wonderful, friendly staff. The beach is clean and nice to swim and walk on. St. Augustine is less than an hour away for a tourist day and fishing excursions. The hotel should work out a special with the rental group for chairs and umbrellas. This gets costly when your are the for a week. Overall nice stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginny W

Dear Ginny W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and amenities . I do want to mention that we do have some rates available that include the beach chairs. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to sharing them with my team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
#11 of 134 in Jacksonville

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!