“Not always what advertised”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2013

expensive and not always what it appears. went for farewell of dear friend and many in group were not pleased with food whatsoever. great location, and much to do within area but be prepared to spend and possibly be hungry an hour later.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was my first time going to Joe's Crab Shack. I really enjoyed myself (even though I don't like seafood haha); the atmosphere was very festive. The waitress was super nice and said, 'If I start dancing you have to join in ok?' Haha fun all around!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Food O.K. Charging my debit card three times for a total of $135 in two additional charges NOT O.K.. Manager Steve L. not returning my six calls to correct the problem disgusting. Had my bank correct what appears to be deliberate overcharges, borderline credit card fraud. With that said watch for multiple charges to your card or pay in cash. Better yet avoid this place, as you are on your own to get your funds returned.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent service and great food. would visit again. had the fisherman's platter, which was really good.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Joe's is a chain, but we have always enjoyed our meals at them. The steam pots of crab are always delicious. This particular Joe's stands out because of its location. It is right on the beach. If it were any more on the beach, you'd get wet. I went on a Thursday night around 8 PM, and there was a 20 minute wait to get a seat on the outside deck. It was well worth the wait. The atmosphere of the salt air and rolling waves made this such a relaxing and enjoyable meal. And you can easily fill the wait time by strolling on the beach. I had a steam pot of snow and Dungeness crab that was done in a citrus and spicy boil. It was delicious and just the right amount of heat to feel it without being uncomfortable while eating. The waitress was very friendly and attentive and I would definitely go back to this Joe's again if in Jacksonville.