1,035 results
All reviews front desk within walking distance small hotel covered parking room was clean night life fishing pier hard boiled eggs continental breakfast waffles bars and restaurants ocean view small pool great place to stay staff was very friendly great room king bed
Reviewed 6 September 2011

A great bang for the buck. Stayed one night while visiting my brother in the area. Was a bit nervous due to the fact the price was below any other hotel on the beach. Had no problems at all. Was a bit rundown but clean. Free internet, breakfast and parking. Definately right on the beach. I will definately stay again in the future

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Thank you for the great comments! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband and I absolutely love this hotel! The location could not be better, its right on the boardwalk with the beach and fishing pier just steps away, there are countless restaurants within walking distance, souvenir shops and surf shops are right next to the hotel as well. We went on several night walks down the boardwalk and beach and felt safe walking back after dark.

We've always had oceanfront rooms, have been on the second floor, and the third floor. I much prefer the third floor simply because you are a little further up from folks walking the boardwalk. As a photographer, the view of the beach is better from the third floor but the second floor was great too. The rooms are extremely clean and we sleet great. We really get alot of use out of the microwave and fridge so we can heat up leftovers and keep some drinks cold. Its really very quiet as well, we've never really heard neighbors through the walls, occassionaly we hear someone in the hall but it wasn't very loud at all. Sometimes the bars on the boardwalk have live music which you can hear in the room but it certainly isn't like this every night and they stop playing by 10:30. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony listening to some live reggae music on our most recent trip.

We did use the pool a few times on this trip, its fairly small but when you have the ocean just a few yards away who needs a big fancy pool? Sometimes its just nice to float in the pool and relax for a while after enjoying the waves and sand for an afternoon. The pool is close to the road but we found it to be blocked well by the fence around it. Palms along one side offer some shade during the heat of the day.

Breakfast is great, waffles and the hard boiled eggs are my favorite but they also offer bagels and donuts from Dunkin Donuts. Fresh baked cookies and milk in the evening was my husband's absolute favorite thing after walking back from a wonderful dinner! Speaking of dinner, make sure to ask the girls at the desk for suggestions, they know all the best places to eat for sure!

Finally, the staff could not be better! Susanne, Angie and the other ladies are outstanding and we looked forward to chatting with them everyday. They go out of their way to make you comfortable and make sure you have a wonderful time, they make us feel like family and this fact alone would keep us coming back, everything else is icing on the cake!

Don't hesitate to stay at the Best Western Oceanfront, its the perfect place for a relaxing beach getaway!

Room Tip: Go for an oceanfront room, you will not be sorry!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vnconn
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I have stayed here every year for my birthday weekend and have never really had cause for complaints and this year the staff was the best. They were always very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean, and appeared to have been remodeled from previous years. The location is perfect. I love staying here and would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This is the 4th time my family and I have stayed here. We love it each and every time, the hotel is located right on the beach, the rooms are nicely decorated the ones that face the beach (these are the only rooms we stay in), with a view of the sunrise with the pier in the back ground makes for perfect early morning pictures. We stay here every time we visit Jax Beach to do a little surfing. The continental breakfast will fill you up, with lots of choices. The staff is very friendly with a very clean lobby. Overall its a smaller hotel but right on the beach with clean rooms and a great front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunseeker1430
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the continental breakfast during your stay. Thanks for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

I wanted a to visit a friend in Jacksonville without infringing on her life. She suggested Best Western Oceanfront. So I went from Thurs thru Sunday and I met Suzanne and the other the ladies and was treated quite nicely. The continental breakfast was great; the cleaning service was excellent; and the beach was grand. A nice place to for Rum punch, crabcakes, oysters and a variety of good music is Snappers directly across the street now under new management.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo