1,049 results
All reviews front desk within walking distance small hotel covered parking night life fishing pier nice room waffles continental breakfast hard boiled eggs bars and restaurants bed was comfortable ocean view small pool great place to stay the breakfast area staff was very friendly
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Originally booked this hotel for three nights at a very good rate on the internet. I ended up staying an extra night due to a flight cancellation due to weather in Chicago. I called front desk and talked with them and they gave me the same rate I had before. Check-in and check-out went fast and smooth and all frontdesk personnel were friendly and helpful. I had a city view room but still had a pretty good view of the Atlantic. Room was cleaned daily and the kingsized bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Plenty of places to get a cocktail and places to eat within a short walking distance from hotel. Hotel in literally right on the beach and spent a while in the mornings walking on the beach. There was the inconvienience of road construction on two streets around the hotel and work would start proptly on the morning. Of course this is not the fault of the hotel. All in all I would recommend this hotel to stay at in Jaxs Beach.

Room Tip: South facing city view rooms have a balcony and a partial view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the area while you were here!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I'll start by saying that we enjoyed our stay here and felt the hotel was appropriately priced for the facility (and priced lower than most oceanfront hotels). The staff at the hotel was the best part and, to a person, they all were as helpful and pleasant as could as you could ask. The facility itself was a bit older and the room was a little small and dark. They could stand to lighten up the rooms. The HVAC is in-room, so that's always a little noisy and, the units vented out onto the balcony, so the noise from the unit masked the sound of the ocean when you were on the balcony. View of the ocean was great though and the beach itself was fantastic (huge, wide, clean and uncrowded). The hotel is well situated near shopping and restaurants, though most of the restaurants leaned more toward the party scene - beach party! The hotel was located in between downtown Jacksonville and St. Augustine, about a half hour drive from each. I recommend both of those places, Jacksonville for more upscale dinning and drinking and the Gator Bowl and St. Augustine for wonderful visit to one the most historic places in the country. Over-all, we had a pleasant stay, though I wouldn't rave about the facilities. A nice stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms all have a balcony overlooking the ocean and are away from the streetside where there are bars and bands playing until late. From the beachside, we did not hear any noise at all.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HikeOnColumbus
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We want to take this time to thank you for your remarks about our hotel and to assure you that we take each comment seriously and thrive to improve our property based on your feedback. Hope to see you again if you are in Jacksonville Beach!

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed here for business was not disappointed! i loved every moment. great staff, area, and Room!! Can't wait to comeback

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea M

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed at the BW for some mid winter R&R and I have to say it was just what I needed! I had an oceanfront room with a jacuzzi (which you HAVE to get if you can afford it) and the view of the ocean and the sunrise was amazing. The front-desk staff was super friendly and cheerful as well. My room was really neat and modern (like a little apartment), and while my bed was a little soft for my taste it was still fine. The breakfast was no frills but included waffles, bagels, and hard boiled eggs and did the job. A hint though: get to breakfast early because the breakfast area is TINY and my first morning there it was a little hard to get around everyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

We appreciate your business and Thank You so much for taking the time to post a great review for our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Sorry guys made a mistake and put your review on Best Western web site, silly me!
Right down to business - I stayed at this hotel from 16/10/11 till 23/11/11, and was not looking forward to such a long trip away from my family and friends. As soon as I got to your hotel and met Susan, a most vibrant and friendly person, straight away I was made feel really welcome. The staff always made me feel that I could approach then at any time for assistance. The House keeping was brillant, my room cleaned every day with fresh towels.
I had one problem in my room patio door was stiff to open - this was dealt with promptly and fixed on the day that I reported it.
I have stayed in hotels all over the world in the last 30 years and I can truthfully say your hotel is in the top 10 and the reason for this is your - staff they love their jobs and cant do enough to help your customers which makes the stay perfect and exciting.
Your manager Jamie, gels with the staff, you all work as a team which creates a happy working enviroment and she should be commended by your management.

Thank you for a most wonderful stay I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

We are so honored to have you all here and very happy you all are coming back!! Thanks for the great review and we look forward to see you again very soon!