“Better choices around, false advertising on website.”

Best Western Oceanfront
“Better choices around, false advertising on website.”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Govt rate ($80) got me a room with no balcony and a window with a view of another wall. Rooms ok, great location, free breakfast was advertised on web site as Dunkin Donuts, but that was not the case. It was "discontinued" a few weeks ago but they hadn't updated the web site. Overall, I'd say mediocre at best and will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Stanandapril
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay. We value you as a customer and respect your opinions, but we must make some clarifications. When booking the government per diem rate, we would hope that you understand that our normal rates are more than double the per diem in our area, however we extend this rate as a courtesy when available. We do try to upgrade guests if we have availability. Our breakfast has indeed changed. We have dropped the Dunkin Donuts since it was no longer feasible to have them delivered. We did however add a waffle maker, boiled eggs as well as yogurts to our assortment. We hope you will see that our changes are for the better and will give us another chance when you visit Jacksonville Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotel was a nightmare! Road construction made it impossible to enter at the main entrance, and there were no detour signs telling how to get to the hotel. I was very frustrated by the time I checked in. I learned that others had complained but still nothing was done. Bathroom was small but clean. Room had microwave and small frig. I was surprised the room was carpeted except for the bathroom, since it was a beachfront hotel. However, the carpet, floors, and amenities were very clean. The bed was too soft for me but bedding was clean. Nice flat screen TV and an adequate work area with internet. Easy access to the beach and good restaurant.

I had a second floor room overlooking the street and a bar. The bar music was very loud and lasted until early into the morning.Construction started at 7:30 a.m. Therefore, I got little sleep. This has to be the noisiest room I've ever stayed in. I was told the hotel was full. Difficult to believe since the parking area was not full early evening or morning but it may have been full.
This was my first and last time at a Best Western property.

Room Tip: Book oceanfront or ocean view. Avoid room overlooking street.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. As we all know, dealing with construction is never an easy task. In our case, the city is renovating the roads and it has been quite the battle to arrange the little signage we have, as well as keeping them from working prior to 8:00am. The construction is over half way over and we hope to enjoy the new amenities it will produce soon.

Our neighbors with the bar across the street understand of our proximity, but their assistance in keeping the music levels to the proper levels depend greatly on their management for the evening.

Per your review, it seems as though everything with the hotel itself was great. We will work harder with the city and our neighbors to try to make your next stay better. Should you be in the area again, we hope to make it up to you!
Chicago Burbs
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Originally booked this hotel for three nights at a very good rate on the internet. I ended up staying an extra night due to a flight cancellation due to weather in Chicago. I called front desk and talked with them and they gave me the same rate I had before. Check-in and check-out went fast and smooth and all frontdesk personnel were friendly and helpful. I had a city view room but still had a pretty good view of the Atlantic. Room was cleaned daily and the kingsized bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Plenty of places to get a cocktail and places to eat within a short walking distance from hotel. Hotel in literally right on the beach and spent a while in the mornings walking on the beach. There was the inconvienience of road construction on two streets around the hotel and work would start proptly on the morning. Of course this is not the fault of the hotel. All in all I would recommend this hotel to stay at in Jaxs Beach.

Room Tip: South facing city view rooms have a balcony and a partial view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the area while you were here!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I'll start by saying that we enjoyed our stay here and felt the hotel was appropriately priced for the facility (and priced lower than most oceanfront hotels). The staff at the hotel was the best part and, to a person, they all were as helpful and pleasant as could as you could ask. The facility itself was a bit older and the room was a little small and dark. They could stand to lighten up the rooms. The HVAC is in-room, so that's always a little noisy and, the units vented out onto the balcony, so the noise from the unit masked the sound of the ocean when you were on the balcony. View of the ocean was great though and the beach itself was fantastic (huge, wide, clean and uncrowded). The hotel is well situated near shopping and restaurants, though most of the restaurants leaned more toward the party scene - beach party! The hotel was located in between downtown Jacksonville and St. Augustine, about a half hour drive from each. I recommend both of those places, Jacksonville for more upscale dinning and drinking and the Gator Bowl and St. Augustine for wonderful visit to one the most historic places in the country. Over-all, we had a pleasant stay, though I wouldn't rave about the facilities. A nice stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms all have a balcony overlooking the ocean and are away from the streetside where th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HikeOnColumbus
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We want to take this time to thank you for your remarks about our hotel and to assure you that we take each comment seriously and thrive to improve our property based on your feedback. Hope to see you again if you are in Jacksonville Beach!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed here for business was not disappointed! i loved every moment. great staff, area, and Room!! Can't wait to comeback

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea M
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review!
Daytona Beach
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed at the BW for some mid winter R&R and I have to say it was just what I needed! I had an oceanfront room with a jacuzzi (which you HAVE to get if you can afford it) and the view of the ocean and the sunrise was amazing. The front-desk staff was super friendly and cheerful as well. My room was really neat and modern (like a little apartment), and while my bed was a little soft for my taste it was still fine. The breakfast was no frills but included waffles, bagels, and hard boiled eggs and did the job. A hint though: get to breakfast early because the breakfast area is TINY and my first morning there it was a little hard to get around everyone.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
We appreciate your business and Thank You so much for taking the time to post a great review for our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Glasgow - Scotland uk
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Sorry guys made a mistake and put your review on Best Western web site, silly me!
Right down to business - I stayed at this hotel from 16/10/11 till 23/11/11, and was not looking forward to such a long trip away from my family and friends. As soon as I got to your hotel and met Susan, a most vibrant and friendly person, straight away I was made feel really welcome. The staff always made me feel that I could approach then at any time for assistance. The House keeping was brillant, my room cleaned every day with fresh towels.
I had one problem in my room patio door was stiff to open - this was dealt with promptly and fixed on the day that I reported it.
I have stayed in hotels all over the world in the last 30 years and I can truthfully say your hotel is in the top 10 and the reason for this is your - staff they love their jobs and cant do enough to help your customers which makes the stay perfect and exciting.
Your manager Jamie, gels with the staff, you all work as a team which creates a happy working enviroment and she should be commended by your management.

Thank you for a most wonderful stay I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
We are so honored to have you all here and very happy you all are coming back!! Thanks for the great review and we look forward to see you again very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Best Western Oceanfront? Share your experiences!