“A Beach Oasis”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Beach Oasis”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This was an exceptionally nice hotel. It was a little ways from the beach (six blocks) but also away from the noise and hubbub of the beach front.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank TervurenTrails
johnbaird3, Senior Lodging Consultant at Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
Thank you TripAdvisor from Highlands Ranch Co. for your most recent review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are not on the beach, however we are just minutes from the area. Less noise, means more sleep. We look forward in seeing you again in the near future and again thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write this review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
florida
Reviewed 25 August 2009

EVERY time we stay at this facility it is an awesome experience! The staff is exceptional and very attentive to ALL needs. The kitchen does a wonderful job keeping the food accessible and hot/cold at ALL times. It is always very tasty! We love the location of it being close to the beach but out of the traffic of the beach! This is our FAVORITE hotel in Jacksonville!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank hot2ski
Douglas, GA
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I stumbled upon this hotel by accident. Searching for a last minute hotel for a spur of the moment weekend vacation spot close to home and found this. This is the best Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. The room my family and I had was great. I could not have asked for a more roomier and nice room. It is close to many restaurants and the beach is just a few blocks down the road. One important piece of advice, stay away from the Chinese restaurant that is next to the hotel. The name of it wasChan's and it was right next door and it is the first time in a long time I bought a meal took a couple bites and had to trow it in the trash because it was horrible. Anyhow enough on that. Pool was nice, breakfast bar area nice, and just the whole hotel was nice. I don't know if all rooms have a DVD player, but we had one in our room, which was a first, but with my kids it was great to pop in a cartoon DVD to fill in the gaps for them. Great hotel and great staff.

Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2009

This is my first comment on a hotel ever, and I've stayed in many hotels. I had to write because of how impressed I was with the staff and the quality of the hotel... and for a very fair price. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2009

My daughter, her friend, and I came for a vacation. I choose this hotel because I am a priority club member so I always try to stay at a Holiday Inn. It is not located on the beach but it is about half a mile away. It is also half a mile away from Adventure Landing which is a nice water park. The lobby is pretty and the room is great. We had the one with the kid area so that I had my bed and TV and they had bunkbeds and a TV in there area. The bath room is a nice size with a separate tub and shower and a nice size vanity. We really enjoyed our stay. We will be back!

1 Thank Cleo20Georgia
albany
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Well first of all they could not find our reservation even though we made one and had our confirmation number. They were having some computer problems but they took care of the problem quickly and also upgraded our room to a suite with a jacuzzi tub (very nice). The room was huge, clean, and very stylish. The location was perfect. It's only a 4min drive to the beach. The breakfast was good and the pool was very nice. The staff was great (Mike) and very helpful with anything that we needed. The thing I liked best was how nice the room was and the location. The thing I liked the least was that they had trouble finding our reservation other than that it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank albany0609
Atlanta
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I want to say I traveled all the way from Atlanta to experience the great huge new modern rooms , with HD Plasma televisions, great bathrooms , OMG and the best beds and pillows to ever lay your head on! Dee and Faith were the best representatives a company could ever have, they met our every need from shuttles to and from the beach , to making sure every thing we needed we recieved , and guess what ? They actually were so friendly but yet professional, If my husband and my kids did'nt have to be back I would have stayed a week , I felt like I was royalty, Please meet and ask for DEE and FAITH, please go and stay at a fantastic hotel and a great beach!!

2 Thank ge0rgiaprincess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach? Share your experiences!