“Good Mexican Restaurant Value”

El Potro Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Colorado
“Good Mexican Restaurant Value”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This restaurant is one block off the beach front area. I was in the area prior to catching a flight and I wanted Mexican food. The center hwere it is located is doing some renovations and I was not sure it was an open restaurant since so many were out of business in the area. I saw people go inside so I went in also.

The ambiance was good and they had a few daily specials listed. The extensive menu was priced very fair and offered everything I liked. The thin chips and salsa were delicious and my lunch was good also. I ordered a guacamole to take with me for later at the airport. It was fresh and very inexpensive compared to most Mexican restaurants. The service was very fast and friendly!

I didn't know that this is a chain restaurant since I'm not from the Florida area, but I'm glad I stopped to eat here as I was very satisfied and hopefully you will be also!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank moose58colorado

“A Solid Choice”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Been there a couple of times. Pretty kitschy decor and music, but always warm service, and has the feel of a family operation. Last night, the spicy chicken and soft carnitas tacos were really good. Prices very fair. Easy walking distance from the Marriott Fairfield and Courtyard. Enjoyed the prior review entitled "This ain't Mexico" who did not like the burger, a real connoisseur de la comida Mexicana!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank westlakeh
Glenview, Illinois
“A Jax Beach Must!!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I've been to The Beaches numerous times and tried countless Mexican restaurants, but none offer the ambiance, outstanding food quality and friendly, efficient service that we enjoyed at El Potro. We were a party of 8 and started with a warm queso dip which is absolutely to-die-for. The liters of beer were ice cold, the margaritas refreshing, the refills kept coming, the entrees were delicious and cooked to perfection, and everything was provided by a highly skilled server with a big smile, and a great sense of humor. I can't wait to return to Jax Beach just to eat here again!

Visited December 2012
Alpharetta
“Good Food, Great Service, Fair Price”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Food was good, not great. Well, my son thought the tacos were amazing. They certainly looked good. Service was outstanding and very friendly. Portions were generous, enough so that while we had a late lunch (2pm) it was enough that we did not need to eat dinner.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Thom1962
Cape Coral, Florida
“This aint Mexico!”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

They have great refried beans. The hamburger is gross. The chicken is mixed with a tomato sauce - thats anything on the menu. Service is fast and friendly. Guacamole is good!!

• Visited May 2012