“Great Location, pool area and lovely renovated hotel”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a great spot, nice beach and pool area. Tiki bar beaside. Full breakfast. The front desk staff was very helpful (lost my charger). It is not near restaurants but is a close drive. to both areas where the restaurants and shops are.

2  Thank Danielle H
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront

Reviewed 17 April 2014

After staying at several places in this area, we have found the best for us. Clean, comfortable and very easy access to the ocean, a beautiful pool, and large outdoor bar . Very reasonable rate, especially since it includes all mentioned plus a workout room, abundant coffee early in the morning and a generous,good breakfast free. And I noticed a guest laundry. We chose a king partial oceanfront with a great view of the ocean, pier and the pool. Small balcony with 2 chairs and a table.Free parking. Microwave and small frig.My only exception is the AC/Heat system is a little noisy and I couldn't turn it off. Staff are very pleasant and helpful, always cleaning around coffee, breakfast area.Great value.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AustinM
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay on Jacksonville Oceanfront then this is the place to stay. No need to check any other hotels!! We stayed for 2 nights following a Carnival cruise and we were very impressed with our whole experience!!! From the moment you walk in the door, you are treated like VIP. The staff is the friendliest I have ever come across at any hotel anywhere. The hotel was very clean and the rooms are large. We had a partial ocean view that faced the pool. It was a nice room but I wish I would have paid the extra for oceanfront. The outdoor pool area is kept very clean and fresh towels were always available. The pool is heated so my kids were able to swim at night as well and they really enjoyed that. It is steps from the beach and it was a very quiet area on the beach, perfect to relax. The tiki bar serves delicious food and drinks. I found the drinks a little over-priced but at least they tasted good and the service was good. The free breakfast was OUTSTANDING! The employees were refilling constantly and were very helpful with requests. There was a good variety of breakfast food as well.
The price I paid was higher than I normally like to pay for a hotel, but that would be my only "complaint" and it was directly oceanfront so I am sure that is why the price is higher.
I noticed when I got home that my card was double charged, I called in and they were very apologetic and promised to reverse the charge right away.
All in all I would stay here again if I was ever in Jacksonville!!

1  Thank n3km
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed one night on our way home from Disney. Excellent value and super friendly staff. First time they not only gave me my preferences but actually recognized that they saw my requests when I booked! Great restaurant info as well. One site tiki bar and location is great. They said pool was heated but it seemed a little cool to me but our son loved the "caves" and waterfalls. RIght on ocean and seemed like most every room has some ocean or pool view. Definitely best place in Jax Beach!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a wonderful time at the Hampton Hotel. Pool/Beach were great. Breakfast is very good. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is a little expensive. But would stay again. Wish the pool would have been open a little later in the evening. Thank you for a great spring break..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked this last minute through the Hilton website since we are diamond members. Check in was a breeze.

The hotel is family friendly, but we loved it as a couple.

Staff was friendly. Room was spotless. We were on the 5th floor with a pool/ocean view. It was perfect.

The pool is amazing. It's heated, but not too hot. The hot tub was very hot, but never crowded.

We enjoyed lunch by the pool served by the very nice staff.

Breakfast was a typical hampton inn breakfast but served efficiently and constantly replenished.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again and next time take our kids!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view of the pool and ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traingos
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Hilton did a nice job renovating this property and helping to aid in the efforts to upgrade the Jacksonville Beaches area. This best features of this hotel are the nice pool area with its beachy feel from the surrounding water falls and the quiet beachfront area. The outside bar area could use some help to compliment the nicer pool area. The hotel is tastefully updated but look at this hotel through the lenses of an older structure. The hallways are darker with low ceilings and due to the size of the hotel, the public rooms are smaller and without an open, spacious feeling. We found the staff very friendly and guest oriented and the facility very clean. The best feature of the Hampton Inn is location. Situated about a mile south of the north Jax Bch eat and shop area, and a few miles north of the Ponte Vedre community, I suggest parking the car, and bike the area. The restaurants are plentiful in the area, both local restaurants and chain foods. Located on 1st Street, the traffic is minimum and in some areas the road is blocked for foot/biking/skating traffic only, making it a nice stroll to the north Jax Bch area. There you will find great local restaurants like Sliders, North Beach Fish Camp, and Ragtime which all boast terrific fresh seafood. Local pizzeria's Al's and Joseph's are on the square as well. Also consider biking or walking beachfront to this area as the Atlantic Beach sand is firm and beachfront is very deep. Kudo's to the Jax Bch community for it's great efforts in upgrading the area, cleaning up the beaches and restoring homes and hotels in this wonderful family oriented community!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kim B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!