“Great Night”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our family of five was traveling from Ohio to South Florida. This hotel was the perfect stopping point. It is really nicely done inside. The location on the beach is amazing and the pool area is resort like. We had a great experience and enjoyed the area around the hotel. We would certainly come back and spend some more time here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TDB3
Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was full, we had some maintenance issues, but the Jax Beach Hampton staff appear dedicated to make your visits the best under any situation. Friendly, helpful and just fun to be around. Great location and amenities...sunrise, beach and local residents make this one our favorite family "getaway" places. Superb for kids...young or teenagers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and because of this hotel will never stay at another Hilton property again. Hotel messed up reservation, had us in a king bed instead of 2 queens as reserved. Room was not cleaned daily, only bed made and towels given. On the last day of our stay we left our room at 9am and returned at 5:15. I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. I was told a manager was not available. I proceeded to tell this person at the front desk that no one had cleaned our room and replenished our towels. I told them that my daughter had taken a shower and had to use a dirty towel to dry off and that this was total B.S. The person then told me I was not going to use that language and called the police. I was absolutely stunned. I could see if I was threatening or yelling but that was not the case. This was the most humiliating experience I and my family have ever been through. For a company to put me and my kids through what they did was unforgivable. We were forced to pack up with a police officer in the hallway all the while my daughter and son are crying and upset and asking why we were having to leave. I will end on this note, there is a really nice Marriott Courtyard next to this property and I will be using my Marriott points to stay there next year since I am now done with Hilton Honors and there program.

Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank Diamondsnotforever
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was more than I bargained for, I enjoyed my stay so much, I didn't want to leave. The staff was very friendly (Megan) and was willing to help however they could. This hotel has all the amenities that you don't have to leave unless you have an emergency. They have breakfast each morning with a plethora of items and it is complimentary with your stay, Ira made sure everything was stocked & fresh. There is also a Tiki Bar that serves drinks (alcohol & non-alcohol) and an array of food choices (wings, shrimp, salads, burgers, fries and onion rings), Toby was a great server, also there is beach access just past the bar & if you don't have your chair...there is a place to rent those and more for a reasonable price. If you have any concerns Betsy Lopez is your go-to person, she was wonderful to talk to and she resolved any of my concerns to my pleasure. The cleaning staff was wonderful, Anna Maria was very friendly and helpful as she made sure our needs were met. The pool was a great place to be, it ranges from 3' to 6' and it has waterfalls too, let's just say it was so relaxing we lost track of time...LOL
We were celebrating our anniversary and to our surprise they upgraded our room...this was more than awesome. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed was comfortable and roomy, the kitchenette was a plus, the A/C was nice and cold and the view from the balcony was breathtaking especially at night. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to family, friends and strangers.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are the best...the higher the floor the better!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jazzy_Jay2
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We are Hilton honors members and have stayed at MANY Hampton Inns. From the moment they messed up our reservation to giving us a room that wasn't oceanfront as promised but partial Ocean view to no one cleaning our room! It's a bust so far!! We felt the room wasn't very clean upon check in either.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast each morning was great (it's free, too). The outdoor pool was large for a hotel pool. The outdoor tiki bar was really fun to go to at night. You could not beat the beach access. The beach water was really warm. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is my 6th or 7th time staying at the Hampton Inn and the only problem that I have is "the fact that I have to leave". The staff have the best customer service skills of any hotel that I have ever stayed at and I have stayed in several and used to work in the hotel business, so Kudos to all of you. It made me feel so good that "Betsi" always remembers me before I even tell her my name. Also, some hotels tend to just cater to the VIP's who bring them in lots of money each year but the staff here greet and are attentive to everyone that comes inside their hotel, no matter the age, race, economic class etc and thats well appreciated. I want to give a shout out to additional people who were amazing, #1Casandra Maria - not sure of first name but she worked in housekeeping and was in charge of the lobby and coffee area, we spoke a lot and she was so personable and on my last day there on Monday July 21st, she even took the initiative to deflate a large blow up float for me bc she witnessed me struggling with time to check out and pack with two kids as my husband could not attend the trip.She has an amazing smile and so friendly. #2. Shout out to the lady who assisted me with my reservation and checkin. She is also amazing with such a positive vibe of personality. As always the rooms were very clean and the view of the pool and ocean are breathtaking. I keep pictures of them to look back on until my next trip. The breakfast is always great and it get changed up all the time. I have nothing at all negative to say about this hotel. I feel so at home whenever I am their and the lobby is so cozy whenever I work at my computer documenting.

Room Tip: if you are able to do so, I would get a room partial oceanfront with view of amazing pool and u can...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!