“Would Stay There again”

Add it.
Scottish Inns
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Not sure why this Hotel received these reviews. I stayed there and found it very clean. There were no bugs at all. I travel alot for work and pleasure and I've stayed in more expensive hotels that weren't as clean. The Owners were very friendly. I Would recommed this place to anyone. I will definitly stay there again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ron S

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was a terrible hotel. Beds were bouncy (which my granddaughter loved but for the rest of us it didn't lead to a very restful night). No ice in the ice machine. No sodas in the soda machine. Only 2 (very thin) towels when we had 4 people (and told them so). Asked if the beds were Queen size & were assured they were. They weren't. They were just doubles. Went to get ice & towels at the desk & everything locked up (believe it was 11 PM) so got ice & sodas at a convenience store next door. It was late & things in other towns were booked so we took it. However had we known everything ahead of time, we would have pushed on further south. Oh, I just remembered, they didn't even have shampoo. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a place in America that didn't have shampoo.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank retired43
Reviewed 8 June 2012

rooms were dirty it smells filthy, found bedbugs can not stay ever last time I will be staying at that motel. I never worked at any motels or hotels but I would do better job then they are doing right now.

Room Tip: do not stay
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have slept in post conflict areas in Africa that were better than this dump. No kidding. Had it not been for my elderly mother and a young shcild who cannot sleep in a car, we would have kept driving. No place else available. We slept in sleeping bags on top of the beds and washed the sleeping bags the next day. Black mold, roaches, bed bugs, filthy water, stained sheets and bed spreads, big wet spots on the floor, doors that didn't lock, pot holes in parking lot, you could not make this any worse if you tried. We could not believe the state of Florida or the local health department hasn't shut this place down. I previous reviewer said this place has been updated, I wouldn't book here unless I physically went into the room and checked it out first, prior to paying. BEWARE!!!

Room Tip: Do not pay a dime until you have checked the room yourself.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 2deer
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Recently stayed at the scottishinns in Jasper Florida And had a different experience. I was told there was new mangement and the rooms are recently redone. The rate wasn't bad either only around 35 dollars with tax.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Josh1118
Reviewed 28 May 2008

We were on our way to our Granddaughers recital and stopped because we were very tired. The room was so dirty, with garbage on the floor, no toilet paper, dirty towels, garbage everywhere, pool was empty, that we tried to check out after 15 minutes and they would not refund our money. Said we took a shower even though the shower was bone dry. Called the police but they said that they had been called out there before but they know you are just driving through and will not take them to small claims court. DO NOT stay at this nasty motel!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rdherrington
Reviewed 31 March 2008

Stopped here on travel to a wedding. Worst experience ever! After paying for the room, we drove up to it and found a bug in the covers of the bed! The room smelled and the locks appeared cheap and unsafe. We went back to the lobby for a refund and was denied. We were only there for about 15 minutes and the worker tried to say we were there for over an hour because they did not change the time on the credit machine due to the time change. The worker was very rude and would not let us speak to the manager even though he kept calling in the back room. This place is a scam that takes your money and runs. They did not even care about the problems and basically said it was our problem to deal with!!!! Very unclean and disgusting! They do not care about customer satisfaction once they have your money!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ras25

Been to Scottish Inns? Share your experiences!