River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp
Vistana Beach Club(Jensen Beach)
US$192
US$162
US$176
US$154
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
US$100
  • Pool
US$80
US$78
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagescaptain georgecoconut palmsfishing tripbeach areagreat place to stayping pong tableperfect locationhammocksdockinletweddingpavilionappropriatelyfloridasnookunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I sneak away to this hidden little gem from time to time. Large rooms and a really unusual "fish camp" setting make this the perfect get away. Our suite was large, everything was spotlessly clean and we never knew we had neighbors as the rooms are so quiet. This place is so different from any other vacation get away, it has the feel of the keys or another island location. It was/is the perfect place to fall in love.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sweetest12
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Our suite was very clean, well appointed and had a full kitchen and our bed was extremely comfortable. The riverfront views are beautiful and the tropical well-maintained grounds are lovely. The entire place has such a peaceful and relaxing feel, similar to the Keys. Being able to bring our dogs was a big plus. We so enjoyed sitting on the dock at night and on the beach during the day. There are nice restaurants in the area and the historic downtown area is charming. We didn't know what to expect when we arrived because many dog friendly places are below par, but River PAlms is everything we hoped for...and more.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Starrchar
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed at River Palms in July 2011 with many other friends and couples, as two friends were getting married in the Jensen Beach area. This is the kind of place you'll definitely want to see pictures of to be sure it's what you had in mind (check on the website). Our place had two bedrooms, including a very spacious master suite which was awesome. It was a short walk to the dock and a little "beach" area where you could sit and relax. The decor was a little dated, but it kind of made it the funky Florida destination it was. The grounds were nice and the service from the front desk courteous. We really liked that the place was stocked with all the necessities you could think of (iron, hair dryers, pots, pans, etc). However, we were there for 3 nights and the staff did NOT come in to clean each day (they wait until the end of your stay). This was one major reason the cottages have one lower rating. If you're not looking for luxury, but a less traditional spot to call "home" while you bounce around FL - this could be an option for you.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeeMinnieTravel
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I traveled here solo with my little maltese dog. When I travel, my biggest concern is safety. I did feel quite safe. I stayed in efficiency #9. The room was clean and spacious. My only gripe is that they did not offer ANY utensils at all. No knives, forks, plates, pots or pans. I suppose this is because there is only a fridge and microwave. They had coffee but no coffee mug. However, when I asked, they did the best they could to accomodate. Overall, it was a really nice place. I would definitly stay here again. If you want quiet, I suggest not staying anywhere near the tiki hut as people gather and party there. Also, wear something for no-see-ums or sand fleas, as there are many on the beach there during low tide.

Room Tip: Units 16 & 17 are the best bang for the buck.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Goldengirl_fla
Reviewed 5 March 2011

perhaps if ur into camping it's the place for you.  i thought it was going to be a gem. and love it. but i was very wrong.  here is what we experienced:  if i could i would go into detail but space is limited.  we checked in and found dirty used towels in the shower. we found a closet full of rat feces. the closet was a utility closet. perhaps a foot wide by five feet long.  and overflowing in feces. management was too busy to help at the time. their words. but certainly did not mind giving my husband a vacuum cleaner in a box that he put together and then he had to clean. I told him to stop after the canister was full of feces and he did not even scatch the surface.  I have pics to prove everything.  pillows smelled like body odor.  bedding was old.  we had to spend one night until we could make other arrangements. so we went to a department store to purchase a completely new bed set.  the next day our friends let us move into their house.  management at the time of check in was aware of everything.  yet they still felt it ok to take our deposit of 249$ for one night after we left.

on a side note. a dog off leash, no owners in sight, charged my dog who was on a leash. my dog is small so was able to pick him up to avoid anything that could have happened.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yoshiyoshi15
acegetjr, Manager at River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

In response; Management was never aware of any issues while guests were on the property. The GM actually had a brief conversation with guest #1 on Monday afternoon about their little dog, and was never told about a problem, or it would have been rectified immediately. We did not find out until Tuesday that they left property early, still not aware of any issues. They were responsible for their entire stay, but we charged them with the 2 nights we thought they were on the property. Management spoke with guest #2 on Tuesday afternoon via phone call. The "closet" was a service access to get to plumbing, and is normally screwed shut. As far as the other issues, in 11 years of business we have never had complaints like this about housekeeping, which we offer every day, with housekeepers who have been with us for years. We just wish we had known about this at the time, so these guests would have had the typical, wonderful River Palm experience, as our Trip Advisor record shows.