“Adequate accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jensen Beach
River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The cottages are very old and in need of a major face lift. They are fairly clean, but could be better. The bathrooms are so tiny, that there is literally room for ONE person only and there is no room on the sink area for toiletries. River Palms Cottages are definitely fine for those folks wanting a "fishing camp", as the location is right on the inlet. But for anyone just wanting a week getaway, this isn't a great destination. The beach is very small and needs to be cleaned (dead fish, dead leaves, some trash). The nightly/weekly charge was much too high for what you get. On the positive side, we felt comfortable leaving our door unlocked and sometimes open when we wandered down to the dock for a morning stroll. The owners are very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you want to be right on the "beach", choose cabin #5 (but only one burner on the stove...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelkeek
There are newer reviews for River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We are regular guests at the River Palm Cottages, and every time we return we are just so grateful to the owners for keeping this property just the way it is. The property is pretty and peaceful, located on the Indian River with lovely gardens. The cottages are simply comfortable, clean and stocked. The beds, sheets and towels are quality materials. The managers are incredibly friendly and helpful. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Was traveling solo and happened upon this property. They were very accommodating. Stayed in three different rooms/cottages as I kept extending my stay but had no reservation. All were exceptionally clean. Quaint setting and within walking distance to all you need. Felt safe. Not your typical vacation accommodation. Can relax on the river beach, fish from the pier, sit by the pool all on property. Don't go here as I want to be able to get reservations for my next trip!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I sneak away to this hidden little gem from time to time. Large rooms and a really unusual "fish camp" setting make this the perfect get away. Our suite was large, everything was spotlessly clean and we never knew we had neighbors as the rooms are so quiet. This place is so different from any other vacation get away, it has the feel of the keys or another island location. It was/is the perfect place to fall in love.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sweetest12
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Our suite was very clean, well appointed and had a full kitchen and our bed was extremely comfortable. The riverfront views are beautiful and the tropical well-maintained grounds are lovely. The entire place has such a peaceful and relaxing feel, similar to the Keys. Being able to bring our dogs was a big plus. We so enjoyed sitting on the dock at night and on the beach during the day. There are nice restaurants in the area and the historic downtown area is charming. We didn't know what to expect when we arrived because many dog friendly places are below par, but River PAlms is everything we hoped for...and more.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Starrchar
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed at River Palms in July 2011 with many other friends and couples, as two friends were getting married in the Jensen Beach area. This is the kind of place you'll definitely want to see pictures of to be sure it's what you had in mind (check on the website). Our place had two bedrooms, including a very spacious master suite which was awesome. It was a short walk to the dock and a little "beach" area where you could sit and relax. The decor was a little dated, but it kind of made it the funky Florida destination it was. The grounds were nice and the service from the front desk courteous. We really liked that the place was stocked with all the necessities you could think of (iron, hair dryers, pots, pans, etc). However, we were there for 3 nights and the staff did NOT come in to clean each day (they wait until the end of your stay). This was one major reason the cottages have one lower rating. If you're not looking for luxury, but a less traditional spot to call "home" while you bounce around FL - this could be an option for you.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeeMinnieTravel
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I traveled here solo with my little maltese dog. When I travel, my biggest concern is safety. I did feel quite safe. I stayed in efficiency #9. The room was clean and spacious. My only gripe is that they did not offer ANY utensils at all. No knives, forks, plates, pots or pans. I suppose this is because there is only a fridge and microwave. They had coffee but no coffee mug. However, when I asked, they did the best they could to accomodate. Overall, it was a really nice place. I would definitly stay here again. If you want quiet, I suggest not staying anywhere near the tiki hut as people gather and party there. Also, wear something for no-see-ums or sand fleas, as there are many on the beach there during low tide.

Room Tip: Units 16 & 17 are the best bang for the buck.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
#1 of 11 in Stuart
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Best Western Downtown Stuart
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina

Been to River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp? Share your experiences!