“Laid Back Beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jensen Beach
River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp
Virginia
“Laid Back Beach”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Jensen Beach has the feel of a small town while still being close to all the usual amenities (restaurants, grocery stores, etc.). We stayed at River Palm Cottages and Fish Camp, which was located on the Intercoastal Waterway. It was a great weekend escape. The grounds had about 20 different cottages right on the water. There were hammocks tied between palm trees every couple of yards...very relaxing! It was just a couple minutes to drive over the bridge to get to the beach. The beach was clean and not overly crowded. We went in October and it was unseasonably hot! It felt like it was July but it was a nice break from the cool temperatures in Virginia.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Space Coast, FL
Reviewed 25 June 2007

Our daughter and son-in-law took us to this property as a father's day gift to my husband. They love places that are very much a part of the surroundings with a feeling of history. We do too but are very committed to comfort. River Palms was a wonderful combination of both. Their website is very well done and gives accurate pictures of what to expect. What it can't show is the comfortable mattresses and the fact that five of us walked around the property from just after dawn to dusk and never got a single mosquito bite. I don't know if this can be possible all summer long but it was true on June 23. Our cottage, number 21, was spotless. There were plenty of towels and the shower had good water pressure, nice when you are getting sand out of your hair. The area has that old Florida feel, lots of tropical fruit trees and flowering shrubs. We could see the sunrise over the river from our front patio. The pool was on the small side but clean and bathtub warm with some shade provided by palms and banana plants complete with tiny bananas. Guests had their dogs with them and must have been diligent about cleaning up after them because you wouldn't know there were pets allowed by the condition of the lawn. Nights were quiet for sleeping. We also liked the little town a short distance up the road with its restaurants, live music, ice cream parlor and galleries. We are planning to go back for a longer stay, taking our boat to enjoy the river as well.

• Liked — beautiful exotic trees
  • Disliked — no negatives
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank FLgardener
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2006

The property is very quaint and popular. I stayed two nights to get away from the hustle and bustle of Miami, but ended up in the middle of two outdoor private parties on both nights right outside my door. So I did not get a chance to enjoy the loveliness of the property. I even had one guest almost enter my room because he thought my cottage was part of the pulbic area. I was coming from my door and he said "Is there a bathroom in there". So if you plan to stay for relaxation make sure you inquire if there are parties planned for the Tikki Hut.

Also, the property is dog friendly and most accommodations are roomy with complete kitchens. However, there were signs posted all over the room that threaten to charge $20 fees for: dog hair on furniture, dishes left unclean, lipstick on towels and more. I felt like "Big Brother" was watching me. Ice was locked in a standard commercial freezer and they charged $1.58 per bag which was only available when the office was open (9a-5p).

Finally, the "free" wireless internet was very weak and from response from the attendant, most people could not connect. So again I had to wait for the office to open to check my e-mail.

The property looks exactly like the photos on its website and it was fun to take a nap in the hammock.

• Liked — The cottage and roominess.
  • Disliked — The signs in the accommodations that threatened to charge miscellaneous fees.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check for private events before booking. Regular guests will not be able to use the Tikki Hut during these events.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Sunlover2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2003

My wife an i just realy enjoyed are four day stay at River palms cottage an fish camp at stuart florida the ground are realy beautifully land scaped with lots of fuit trees every morning out in frount of your cottage is is fresh picket bannana.realy comfortable cotages with or without kicthen.big pool .The resort in on intercostal water way free dock to moor your boat.with only a short boat ride to inlet for some good dolphin fishing.I think anone who like to be around water would like this resort where they like to fish or just like to relax.`

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 11 in Stuart
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Best Western Downtown Stuart
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart

Been to River Palms Cottages and Fish Camp? Share your experiences!