“Great Beach Front Property”

Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jensen Beach
Franklin Park, New Jersey
“Great Beach Front Property”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great hotel for a getaway on the beach! The rooms were clean and a decent size, not your typical courtyard. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The server out at the poolside bar /cafe was a also a nice and friendly person. Would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

You can't beat this hotel for a getaway on the beach! The balcony is so close to the ocean, the view is just breathtaking, a large expanse of aqua and turquoise. The room was just right, clean with a refrigerator and lemon/basil shampoo! The breakfast (Taco with scrambled eggs, cheese and avocado) was delicious and even though we were too late (after 10 am) they made it for us anyway! Nice pool if you're getting sunburned on the beach. Constant stream of mist is supplied all around the pool, waterfall into a hot tub and yummy frozen drinks! Nice escape!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed a Wednesday through Sunday recently for a family wedding, so I didn't really have a choice about where to stay. The overall appearance of the place was nice. Lovely foyer, good for group meetups and hanging out. My room was clean and a decent size. The server out at the poolside bar /cafe was a LOVELY and friendly person. Chatty...polite...easy to talk to. But thus ends my positive review.

Throughout my stay, none of the different front desk staff were what I'd call friendly. They were courteous enough to get by, not outwardly rude, but weren't conversational, approachable, or out-goingly friendly at all. No smiles. Just "head down, nose to grindstone" workers.

The bathroom in my room, although clean and nicely appointed, was wonky in that there was no counter space that one needs for hair drying, hair curling, makeup application, etc. My curling iron balanced precariously on the sink's edge the whole time I was trying to get ready for the wedding I was attending. There weren't enough towel hooks for the capacity of the room. I stayed with my 2 teenage daughters, and we had to resort to hanging bath towels out on the chair at the desk because there is only one hook and one small bar on the shower door. Also...it's a beach-front hotel, so one would expect there to be areas for you to hang swimsuits, etc., but this is also lacking.

I have never had skin allergies before in my entire life, but something in the linens at this hotel made me ITCH for the entire week. BADLY. My legs were uncontrollably itchy at night in the bed, and the itching abated somewhat during the day when I was NOT in the bed. I came home from this trip with scratches and scabs from not being able to stop the itching on my legs during my stay. The sheets smelled VERY bleachy, so I'm assuming someone in the laundry facility DUMPS bleach willy-nilly into the sheets and towels, and this is probably what my skin reacted to. While I understand the need for cleanliness, this was overkill. A week later, I still have a large scab down on my ankle.

Finally....if you stay here, make sure you don't need to do any laundry during your visit. There is ONE guest washing machine and ONE guest dryer in the entire hotel, on the 3rd floor. I sat out in the hall, outside the laundry room, ON THE FLOOR, for 2 hours waiting to get my turn at the washer/dryer, and another 2 hours sitting there waiting to process my laundry. It's a BEACHFRONT hotel. Clothing gets sandy (or soaking wet from all the summer rainstorms). Guests shouldn't have to stand in line or sit out on a hallway floor wasting half a night (I was there until after midnight) waiting to do laundry if it becomes necessary to wash something.

Finally, after I had informed the housekeeper one morning that we wouldn't need service that day, she walked in the room at 4 pm without knocking. I was, ahem, "sitting on the royal throne." The bathroom door is just inside the entry door, and it is a GLASS BATHROOM DOOR. So...that was a little uncomfortable, to say the least.

I've stayed in worse places, but I was expecting something much better than what I got for my $180 a night. Don't think I'd choose this place again if we ever visited the area in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy S
Ed G, General Manager at Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Amy,

Thank you, ever so much for the positive comments regarding our hotel and food and beverage staff. I will be sure to share your "kudos" with them. I will also share your candid comments with my front desk team so we can evaluate our service levels and ensure that we are taking care of all our customers.
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoy staying at this hotel. It is on the beach, clean, and has a friendly staff. There is a cafe in the hotel, and a small plaza with a restaurant and convenience store across the street.
There are balcony rooms facing the street called sunset rooms, and also rooms facing the beach. Make sure you know which you reserved.

• Stayed June 2014
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Paid extra for a waterfront balcony room, was told they're already booked and nothing was available. Paid extra again free breakfast for two, was told to call Expedia to go through them. Food under the bed, no bathtub (paid extra again), no view and the worst customer service. Never going back again and thanks for ruining an entire birthday trip.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ed G, General Manager at Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Balta C.
Thank you for staying with us. It is definitely a challenge when you can be so anonymous that I cannot even find history of you staying with us. I will however, offer this suggestion: Since you state that your reservation was made through Expedia and not directly through Marriott.com, I would most definitely reach out to Expedia for several reasons. Expedia rooms are not sold with a balcony or breakfast. Nor do we charge for bathtubs? I would certainly assist if you were to contact us directly.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed Friday through Sunday. The hotel is clean. Staff is friendly. No charge for parking onsite. Hotel is somewhat "dated". Bathroom is very small. Kid friendly. Enjoyed the Tiki bar. Nice restaurant right next door. The sand on the beach is not the best. Very hard to walk on without shoes. Had an enjoyable weekend but for the sand fleas...

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AlleyCat2001,
Thank your for your candid comments. I will definitely share your high points with my team. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent location gorgeous rooms stunning beach. Nice pool bar and lounge area. End rooms don't have a balcony which was a bummer but it didn't stop the water shimmering as you look out the window. You will love the glass elevator as you leave the hotel As well. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#10 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach? Share your experiences!