Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jensen Beach
Cape Coral, Florida
“AWESOME !!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Wow,were we surprised. Location, location, location !!! Absolutely awesome. The accomadations were true to the pictures advertised on their website. The staff was pleasant and most helfpul. The hotel was clean and neat, the A/C was a little noisy but not obnoxious. The pool area was a little small but then again, this is the Courtyard Marriott and you have to manage your expectations. I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat, and I consider myself pretty fussy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Tenerife
Reviewed 23 July 2010

What a find! I had never even heard of Hutchinson Island before I decided to make this a stop between Cocoa Beach and Miami. The lobby area had such a welcoming feel to it and the young man checking us in was very friendly and efficient. My 6 year loved the welcoming cookies! We are so glad we had booked an ocean view room on a high floor. The view was amazing and this hotel can not get any closer to the ocean. The dark wood in the room gave it a cozy feel and the king bed was the usual comfortable bedding as expected in the Marriott chain. The bathroom was small, but had nice modern fixtures, dark wood as well, lots of shelf space and a fantastic modern shower. We were there for the pool and beach and these did not disappoint. The place seemed very organized, but with a laid back feel to it. We were there on July 6th so there wasn't much of a holiday crowd and it was quiet. The guy at the front desk was very helpful in recommending a restaurant with outdoor seating called Shuckers which was a mile down the road on the beach and we loved it. Another thanks to one of the maintenance staff at the hotel who took the time to put a battery in one of my son's pool toys. If we ever make it back to Hutchinson Island, we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My boyfriend and I went to Hutchinson Island in June. I absolutely loved the Hotel. Our room was great, the staff was nice and beach was wonderful. I didn't want to leave. We spent most of our time on the beach and at the poolside bar. The beach wasn't crowded, maybe about 4-5 people were out there each night that we went. The waster was beautiful. Its a perfect getaway. We dined at the Dolphin Bar and the food was fantastic, even the salad bar. You have the option to eat inside or out. My boyfriend had a hamburger at strawberries and he said it was really good. I can't wait until next year.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 14 July 2010

This is a wonderful hidden treasure amidst the oceanfront condos and homes along Jensen Beach/Hutchinson Island. This hotel is literally on the beach with good prices for such great views. It's easy to just stroll out to the beach or pool for some relaxation. Pool bar is nice. Quiet enough for couples. Fun activities at night for kids like big screen movies at pool. Quiet enough for couples too. You can rent beach lounge chairs with cushions and umbrellas for $15-20 total from at the little stand between the pool area and beach. There are a few shops/restaurants across the street. There are many more restaurants and stores over the bridge into Jensen Beach and then along Route 1. This is a really nice, peaceful community that is not very touristy. There are only a few other hotels in the area. The beach is unspoiled and the hotel is really very nice, clean, and has modern amenities. No WiFi, but there is a free plug in. Book a room on the oceanside. It's much, much prettier. You will be happy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
South Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We stayed here about 2 years ago and had a great time - very nice hotel - so we booked for this past weekend ($159 / night) and next weekend too. We have already cancelled our reservation for next weekend. What a shame! This hotel has a terrific location right on the beach but the 'pros' sort of end there - to be fair the rooms are decent (but not usual Courtyard standards) with excellent showers and comfortable beds but the details are not there. The King size fitted sheet didn't fit - bizarre! It barely stretched over the bed - looked terrible (you could see the mattress etc.) and it popped up on one of the corners - so we called for another - but the same problem - was told 'that's how our sheets fit' Oh no it isn't! All Courtyards are required to meet certain standards of bedding - and fitted sheets that do not fit is just ridiculous. Additonally the comforter is not inside a 'case' or 'cover' - it loose and placed between 2 flat sheet s - again bizarre and we have never seen this at any Courtyard or any other hotel before! But whatever - these thigns don't have to spoil a trip - but the management and the crowd certainly can! Put it this way - if tatooed, overweight, middle-aged women in too-small bikinis yelling at their kids while smoking and swigging from bottles of Bud Light and chowing on bags of Dorritos and Chips Ahoy (while IN the pool) - items they brought with them in several well-stuffed grocery bags - is your idea of fun then this hotel is the place for you. But NOT the place for us! Yes - smoking is very common place at the pool - not great at all. So the 'crowd' is questionable. And the management cater to them - rather than trying to maintain a pleasant environment. Impromptu parties in the very small lobby are permitted - that is groups of 8 - 10 drinking wine-box wine from plastic cups and eating the afore mentioned Doritos out of 'jumbo value' bags. Just very unappealing. Staff are pleasant though - friendly for sure. I agree with the other poster who hopes Marriott 'Corporate' will take control of this property and bring it back to the lovely, well-run oceanfront hotel that it used to be. Until then we do have other choices - we cancelled our reservation for next weeked ($139 / night) and have booked the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort in Naples (stayed there last year - superb resort - with a frequent, fast shuttle to the oceanfront Ritz) for $135 / night! I'm guessing the sheets will fit and the crowd will be at least slightly better.....................

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank sudsysarah
Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed at this Courtyard from 6/19/10 to 6/26/10 for some R & R as we have business in the Miami area on a weekly basis. The location is fabulous and we had an oceanfront room with shared balcony. Breakfast was included....the first day we had breakfast, we talked to the Mgr (Ed) about food handling issues and he credited the breakfast off our billing. We tried to use the pool area, but the usual Marriott "no smoking" policy is not enforced. Even the chair/umbrella guy's helper smokes around the pool. Felt uncomfortable saying something about the smoking as we were in the minority with the smoking and personal cooler crowd at the pool...actually felt that we would have problems in safety. The hotel is not run by Marriott practices, but by the guests who keep ignoring Marriott's vision. Another example was the rooms being filled with unregistered guests...several times we saw 8 to 10 people spill out from single rooms in the morning from our floor. The few times at the pool, especially on 6/20 which was Father's Day, there were so many people who stopped by to use pool that were friends/relatives of hopefully, registered guests. We were hoping to find a Marriott that would allow us to unwind located between our Florida home and the Miami area, but this Courtyard was very disappointing and we will not return. We are Gold guests who will spend less time, pay more at the Marriott resort located down the street. Very disappointed in the way this Courtyard operates and hope corporate cracks down on management to enforce policies.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harmony06
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This was our third stay at this hotel. This year the price was the normal rate and we stayed longer than last year. I was disappointed that they did not offer the $99 rate for some nights. I believe that if you are a repeat customer that a discount should apply. Anyway, this year I took a good look at the Tiki Bar area, one suggestion I would make is that they should have a small band playing there at night or some music. It is kind of boring at nighttime. The breakfast buffet was free for us (thank you AAA) and was the same as the past two years, enough good food and a great waitress (Debbie, of course). I got a big hug from her on my last day, she is a sweetheart and I think she deserves a raise!

I was disappointed that two of my favorite restaurants in the area closed, Vito's and Ashley's but we did go to the Dolphin Bar which is my favorite restaurant in the area. Gigi's in Jenson Beach is also very good Italian food. We also hit Carabbas (very good), Longhorn (pretty good) and Outback (HORRIBLE) in the Stuart area. New England Seafood in Jensen is excellent seafood!

The beach was the same as I remember, Marty and Joe were awesome, as usual. I know alot of people complain about the fee for the chairs and umbrellas, but hey these poor guys have to make a living too! We usually bargain with Marty and he is always willing to negotiate on a rate. If you have any questions on restaurants in the area or anything else Marty and Joe are the ones to ask.

The front desk staff this year were friendly, greeting us when we came in and when we left on our last day. I know this is not a luxury hotel with top notch services, but I am kind of attached to it now. It is charming, great staff, clean, polite housekeeping people, and adequate rooms. I hope that if we decide to come back next year that we get a better rate!! Otherwise, everything was great and I already miss being there!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#12 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach? Share your experiences!