“Great atmosphere and music”

Conchy Joe's Seafood
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The lobster bisque was too thick, like a sauce with no lobster in it at all, don't order a bowl as it is huge, just a cup if at all. My husband had steak and he thought it was very good. My sister had mussels and she enjoyed her meal. We were a large group and a very nice fellow took our photo and it came out great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have been making this a stop on our trips to the area for many years. The food is consistently going down hill and I believe this was our last visit.
The main reason we kept going back was the Conch chowder, now that is not even going to bring us back. This last visit the chowder came out lukewarm, and the conch pieces were so big they took up half the mug, now yes you want to know there is real conch in the chowder but not so big that you need a knife.
The conch fritters where over fried and the buffalo shrimp were swimming in sauce. This all points to a lack of caring in the kitchen.
Too bad as this is a Jensen Beach icon in a great location.

1  Thank RLPNYRN
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have lived in the area since 1976. Conchy Joe's is great, from the fresh food to the weekly crab races. Directly on the Intercoastal waterway.
Join the fun!!!
Their old motto.
"WHERE DA FISH IS SO FRESH YOU COULD BE SURE IT WAS JAMMIN IN DA OCEAN JUST DA DAY BEFORE"

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The happy hour buffet was sparse and not inviting. Service was slow. The food was OK, but not great, this is more of a drinking place than a restaurant.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a great table near the water, breezes were blowing; The Reggae band was playing in the background. Very busy place. Casual Style
Our waiter Nathan, was great! Very friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
Really enjoyed the attentive service he gave us. Thank you Nathan for your great service!
I would have hired you in my restaurant any day!

Food :
We ordered 2 dozen raw Oysters and 1/2 plate of raw clams-- Very fresh but a little small for the price we paid @ 15.95 a dozen ! My date's Conch soup was good along with fresh baguettes, cornbread and banana bread -great.
Fresh salad too!

Entrees : The average price of their entrees is 25.00 to 28.00 dollars. Better fitting a white table cloth restaurant not a casual --shorts and beach attire retaurant.
You do have to try the Plantain side--delicious!
Now for my actual entree.
I ordered the Trinadad combo- Dolphin, shrimp , scallops -- I was disappointed once again with the portion size of this entree along with the bland taste. Now I am not a person who likes spicy food at all but, I could have made this dish easily at home and it would have had more flavor.
It was served in the smaller elongated casserole dish. definitely not worth the money paid.
My date said the same about their dish. His was $28.00 and small portioned also.

Coffee and sweet tea ( no alcohol) rounded off our evening and our bill.. $102.00 + 20.00 tip for Nathan.

Our take : Over priced menu for average food.. We won't be back again as other restaurants with a like menu offer better tasting fare at better prices