“Great atmosphere great service and good food.”

Conchy Joe's Seafood
Ranked #6 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Bahamian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moore, Oklahoma
“Great atmosphere great service and good food.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Set out on the deck overlooking rhe St. Lucie river and the bridge over it. Was told to try the conch fritters which are like hush puppies with squid parts and they just didn't appeal. The waitress asked and we said we didn't care for them she said no problem and took them off our bill. The rest of the food was good. Wife had the filet and I had the sweet potatoe grouper both were great. Save some bread for the fish below the deck.

Canton, Ohio
“Atmosphere great, food average”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This waterfront restaurant has a great location and atmosphere and the service was great. However the food was average in our dinning experience. Was hungry for scallops but we were disappointed in the quality and taste of our entrees.

Avon, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a fun time!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had such a fun time and delicious meal at Cochy Joe's, and it was only for lunch! I can only imagine the place for dinner. The atmosphere is great, too (it's right on the water) and Cyndie our server was so very nice. Recommended!

Stuart, Florida
“Delightful fun place to enjoy yourself”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have lived in Stuart for years, and love to do casual waterfront restaurants. First time we have tried Conchy Joes; perhaps I was "put off" by seeing that breading on some fried items was made from cornflakes. Wish I hadn't waited, but glad that we finally tried it! My daughter wanted to go for her birthday, said she "had that feeling" that this was a good place.
We went at 3:30, so that we could get lunch menu (less expensive, some specials), but sat where we could also do happy hour. We were close to the water; shaded nicely overhead, but open air, and delightful river breezes wafting through. Lovely wide river views in 3 directions, with bridge to Hutchinson Island soaring over on one side. Lots of water bids out on the docks, so we had entertainment there.
Nice reggae music playing, but not too loud.
Server was attentive, fun, and very helpful. Answered all our questions about just about ever item, with good ideas and suggestions. Never got impatient with us.
Son-in-law and grandson are into craft beers, and there was a great selection. Daughter asked if they could make a mojito for her, but using Grey Goose vodka instead of rum, and that was no problem either.
We shared appetisers - buffalo shrimp, steamed clams, Mrs. Peters smoked fish dip with Carr's water crackers, and lemon. The portions were VERY large; plenty to share 4 ways and some to continue to shove at each other. Each item was absolutely delicious. Buffalo shrimp a good size, tender and juicy.
For lunch, my son-in-law had fish tacos. There were two of them, but enormous. Lots of blackened dolphin, huge flour tortilla, creole mayo, tomato, pepper jack cheese, coleslaw, chimichurri sauce. Came with black beans & yellow rice on the side. I had one of the fresh fish of the day; maji maji, and chose to have it grilled; our server offered herb butter on top, which was wonderful. Nice sized portion. Came with a nice portion of cole slaw, and as my choice of another side, I had mango glazed sweet plantains. I loved them, but they were too sweet for my daughter.
Prices were reasonable; I felt they would be more out of my range at dinner time, although absolutely reasonable.
We had a great time, and enjoyed very much good food, good service, great atmosphere, in a friendly place. We were never rushed. Plan to go back often with friends and family.

1 Thank piccpete
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Nice Island Feel”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is among my favorite haunts, and places to take tourists.
The food is nice, the atmosphere is nice, the scenery is nice, its just a nice place...
I can't jump up and down and rave about the food - as it is good but not great.

The one item that you must have when you go there is Conch Chowder - that is Very Nice!

FWIW - I've got friends who stop in Jensen Beach when coming into Florida - just for the Conch Chowder - including one lady friend who flies into Palm Beach - drives 45 minutes north just to have this before heading to work in Palm Beach.

• Visited March 2014