“Enjoyable ecperience”

Peter's Steak House
Ranked #27 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been here for several years and is one of the best steak houses in the area. It must be listed for review.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Service excellent - shrimp fresh - filet mignon cooked perfect - sides great especially fries - and onion straws - great dinner!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We usually go to Peter's when we are in town visiting relatives. One is greeted by the owner, Peter, who takes every effort to ensure you have a dining experience.

We, the three of us, started with tomatoes and mozzarella with a basil creams sauce and the bacon, which you dip into the steak sauce. We ordered the Porterhouse for two, medium rare, creamed spinach and onion fries. Steak was an inch and 3/4 thick, perfectly prepared with a charred crust and pink center, which wait for it, was just like butter. Soft, tender, flavorful steak. Just superb.

We finished off with the dessert special, a mixed berry crumb cake with ice cream. Get some schlage on the side.

The wait staff is attentive, but not overbearing. Very polite. And, Peter stops by every so often to make sure you are enjoying your meal.

I highly recommend you go to Peters if in the area and have a longing for great dry-aged steak and fine dining experience. Well worth it.

2  Thank G F
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Granted, we arrived without a reservation, but was offered a table outside. Firstly the service was terrible. Should not have offered us a table if they didn't have staff to accommodate us. Had 4 different servers attend to us actually, none of which welcomed us or told us their names. We finally asked about the 3rd one what her name was so we didn't have to keep flagging people down. Secondly the food is just average. Between the four of us we ordered 4 different things, 3 different steaks and none of them were good. A filet was ordered medium rare, came out medium well. Ribeye was tasteless and chewy and NY strip was just ok. The sides are all ala carte and expensive and nothing extraordinary at that. There was a very long wait between salads and bisque (which were good btw) and the meal and no one ever returned to see if everything was ok until after we were finished eating. Were never offered dessert/coffee and finally just asked for the bill and left. Would never return nor recommend.

3  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've been to Peter's before but not for a long, long time. I think it has declined considerably since then. I originally come from NY and love Peter Luger's Steak House which Peter's in Jensen Beach tries to emulate right down to the steak sauce and menu items. However, it doesn't hold a candle to Luger's. In fact, it is a disappointment in most ways. My meat was not cooked to the temperature I requested, it was tough, a sufficient, but not large portion. For the quality of the meat that we got, it was completely overpriced. The best I can say was the sides were good as was the dessert and one person had a lamb shank special which was reasonably priced and she said it was very good. The service was very, very slow to begin. In fact, we were not served our first course for an hour after we arrived which I found to be unacceptable. Once it got going, the service was good. The atmosphere is very dated and extremely noisy. The food was slightly better than average but, for the price, I have to rate this place below average. I would not go back.

2  Thank marilyn n
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have frequented Peters steak house several times and have never been disappointed with our experience we have had Glenn several times and appreciated that I spoke to him several weeks ago about my husbands upcoming birthday when we arrived he remembered without me saying anything and was very attentive and professional which is appreciative from another servers perspective, and I appreciate the full staff in helping as well. thank you for an excellent dinning experience
Brenda Olson