“Great BEER selection!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The owner really knows what he is doing. Great beer selection and he has the knowledge on each and every beer making sure you enjoy yourself!

1  Thank GaryGren

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a tough one. I had been to the restaurant a couple of times and liked the beer choices. The food was a little slow but we could live with it. Until March13. A group of 10 of us (many having never been there) visited.
We ordered food. It was well over an hour and nothing was coming forward. I asked the server how 'things were coming'. Her answer was 'its coming'. I figured it could not be far away. I was wrong. It was a big table and so I did not hear but others were apparently also asking.
I guess the owner / chef got mad at us for asking. Again well over an hour here. Others who came later than us had food. He storms out with part of our orders and takes on the youngest member of our group. Tosses the food on the table and shouts you can spread this around (or words to that effect).
He then says forget it I will just cancel the whole order. This was 10.30 or so at night. We were hungry. Normally we would say find and leave but there were not other options at this point so we actually tried to make nice. One of our members tried to talk to him alone. We ate what he had 'tossed' on the table. Trying to make nice was to no avail. He was determined to make us mad. No further food came forward in any reasonable time. We gave up and he 'won'. He did not have to serve us. Amazing. I own a chain restaurant. Clearly he was an owner. No owner would EVER allow an employee to be such a buffoon.
Anyway a shame. A good concept for a restaurant. Think I will look into opening a competing restaurant close by. Won’t have to worry about the competition. Stay away!! What a mess.

3  Thank randy w
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were very excited to try this restaurant and loved the selection of interesting draft beer. Instead of having a fun night, we were yelled at, insulted, embarrased and harassed to leave the restaurant. Our offense was asking after our food orders, having waited over an hour for pretzels and wings!

The owner was so rude to my husband, he yelled at him and tried to pick a fight with him. It was shocking and unprovoked. He was angry at us for ordering food at his RESTAURANT! I have never witnessed such terrible service, and will never return to this place. We (a group of 10 people) all left hungry, upset and absolutely stunned that we were treated so horribly.

3  Thank Jaimecamel
Reviewed 15 March 2014

It was hard to believe how bad this experience was. Ten of us arrived at the restaurant prior to 9 pm. We ordered from an interesting beer menu and received our drinks promptly. No problem. We also ordered from a pretty basic food menu. Wings, meatballs, pretzels and soup. After more than an hour of waiting we asked the status of our food. It was almost 10 pm and we had ordered before 9. We were told that the kitchen was inundated with our wing order. We asked for whatever we could get. We were hungry!

The owner approached us in a very rude and antagonistic manner. He did not acknowledge there was an issue, he did not apologize but rather tried to pick a fight with a young man twice his size. He finally threw three baskets of wings on the table and continued to bait our young guest.

He then asked us what else we had ordered. Clearly not a good sign our food was being prepared. He became increasingly agitated, threatening and belligerent. We gave up, asked for our bill and paid the full bill (no discount was offered). Everyone in our party was stunned, upset and vowed never to return. We left, went home, and ate freezer pizza feeling very upset and stunned. We will never return and will continue to tell our story - this is no way to run a restaurant.

3  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I am a restaurant owner and got a call from my parents on Thursday night just after 10pm. I was absolutely shocked after my mother told me about what had happened at House Of Brews that evening. Really, my parents (my aunts, uncles, and cousins) were harassed and yelled at while dining at this establishment. The "owner" (who i hope truly learns from this) yelled at them, tried to pick a fight with them (yes, most of them are over 60) and embarrassed them in a busy restaurant. I have been through it all, I know food can be slow, and sometimes it takes a toll on an owner, but to leave the kitchen and YELL at the customers? This is a new low for anything I have ever heard or seen (even on TV).

I write this review hoping people will be careful choosing which dining establishments they choose to support, I would prefer to eat somewhere with less beer options with friendly and hardworking owners who deserve the business.

Oh, and by the way, 60 (approx 6 lbs) chicken wings really shouldn't take that long. Maybe you need to re evaluate your menu. OH and if you do make a mistake, own it, don't then charge them for the food you threw on their table before essentially chasing them out of the restaurant.

2  Thank restauranttraveller