“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Gigi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 105 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My niece, her son and I dined here the middle of January on a Sunday night. I have been visiting the area for the past 35 years and she lives here. I always make sure I go to Gigi's at least once when I visit. That will no longer be true. We were very disappointed in our food. I had veal parm that was tough and the breading was thick, soggy and did not taste very good. She had chicken marsala and said it was just OK. We also noticed that the place has gone downhill over the last couple years being very dirty. The napkin rings are filthy and should be either trashed or replaced. The table was sticky. The dinning area could use a makeover and at the very least a deep cleaning. After 35 years, I have taken them off my must visit list and will not be back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carnut442
Gigisitalian, Manager at Gigi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Let me begin by saying that nothing has changed since your last positive review from November to your review today. Founding owner Suzy still is the chef so nothing has changed in the kitchen. Recipes are still all original. There is no other prep cooks or chefs in the kitchen except for Suzy. As far as a makeover is concerned, we have changed our decor with new paint, tile, linen, decor and window treatments about a year ago. We also have industry leader SWISHER HYGIENE, INC that we contract to thoroughly clean the restaurant. Now we all agree there will be off nights where EVERYTHING goes wrong, and, it has happen God knows how many times in the last 41 years we've been in business. Goes without saying that we are extremely sadden with your last experience with us. Come in and introduce yourself and let us correct your experience. The families next generation is already in place to take this iconic restaurant into the next 41 years so we'll be here waiting. God bless you to the fullest!

“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

great homemade Italian food. Eggplant parm was delicious. Got a cannoli and tiramisu. They were amazingly great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, thank you! We've enjoyed serving you and hope to see you again soon. God bless you!
Goodrich, Michigan
“Local family Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Small casual dining area. Feels like stepped back to 70's. Only tried pizza but very good. Would like to go back for pasta.

• Visited February 2014
Loveland, OH
“Good food - few seats. Make sure you bring cash.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I arrived around 7:00 on a Saturday. The place was small (I am guessing around 15 tables or less) and was completely filled. I eventually sat at the "bar" area (4 seats) to enjoy my meal. The food was delicious (spaghetti primavera). The quantity was more than plentiful. They give you garlic knots before the meal and my meal included the house salad. I was stuffed when I left. You have to pay with cash so make sure you bring enough. Had the service been a bit better and the place not been so small (crowded), I would have given it a 5. My total bill with tip was $22 which was a good value.

Canada
“Make Reservations or Arrive Early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

It's very easy to see why this little gem fills up quickly: the food is superb. Having facilities for no more than 100, the seating is closely packed and prevents intimate discussion so be in your best party mood. We were delighted with the complimentary rolls, very fresh and hot right out of the oven in lined basket with olive oil and coated with garlic and parmesan - scrumptious. Our chicken entrees came with a simple salad with a sweet balsamic dressing, an order of pasta and enough left over to take home. Two dinners, a half liter of wine, tax and tip - $56.