“One of the best Italian restaurants”

Gigi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 109 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Fairly small and decor is nothing to write home about but it serves some of the best Italian food I have ever had outside of Italy. Cash only and reservations only for parties of 4 or more. I've been twice this season and both times the food was excellent. I had veal dishes both times and they were cooked to perfection. My daughter and her husband said their meals were excellent as did the other couple we went with.

Gigisitalian, Owner at Gigi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for visiting us and posting a wonderful review. Hope to see you again when visiting! May God bless you to the fullest.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The food is also cooked to order and the portions are huge. My favorite is the veal and eggplant parm cobination dinner. The staff is freindly and always on top of there game.
Bring cash! No credit cards excepted.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The food was excellent. Fresh vegetables (especially the large mushrooms) on the Gigi special, sausage was outstanding...the meatballs were very good. The eggplant parmesan was scrumptious. Had to wait -- for a table and for the food -- but it was worth it. The restaurant was clean and the servers were efficient and very friendly. First time visiting -- from ol' Virginny -- and if we are ever in this neck of the woods again we will definitely stop in!

Thank you so much for your review. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated and held close to our hearts. Thank you, thank you, thank you! May God bless you to the fullest!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My niece, her son and I dined here the middle of January on a Sunday night. I have been visiting the area for the past 35 years and she lives here. I always make sure I go to Gigi's at least once when I visit. That will no longer be true. We were very disappointed in our food. I had veal parm that was tough and the breading was thick, soggy and did not taste very good. She had chicken marsala and said it was just OK. We also noticed that the place has gone downhill over the last couple years being very dirty. The napkin rings are filthy and should be either trashed or replaced. The table was sticky. The dinning area could use a makeover and at the very least a deep cleaning. After 35 years, I have taken them off my must visit list and will not be back.

1  Thank carnut442
Gigisitalian, Manager at Gigi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Let me begin by saying that nothing has changed since your last positive review from November to your review today. Founding owner Suzy still is the chef so nothing has changed in the kitchen. Recipes are still all original. There is no other prep cooks or chefs in the kitchen except for Suzy. As far as a makeover is concerned, we have changed our decor with new paint, tile, linen, decor and window treatments about a year ago. We also have industry leader SWISHER HYGIENE, INC that we contract to thoroughly clean the restaurant. Now we all agree there will be off nights where EVERYTHING goes wrong, and, it has happen God knows how many times in the last 41 years we've been in business. Goes without saying that we are extremely sadden with your last experience with us. Come in and introduce yourself and let us correct your experience. The families next generation is already in place to take this iconic restaurant into the next 41 years so we'll be here waiting. God bless you to the fullest!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

great homemade Italian food. Eggplant parm was delicious. Got a cannoli and tiramisu. They were amazingly great.

Thank you, thank you! We've enjoyed serving you and hope to see you again soon. God bless you!