“Fresh fish, beautiful decor”

Osaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 107 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A nice habachi place, and a great sushi restaurant.
South Florida, Florida
“Fresh fish, beautiful decor”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I went to Osaka for lunch and sat at the sushi bar. I loved the decor and lighting in the place, it looked very high class. We ordered a sushi roll and some sashimi, which was very fresh and delicious. They had some unique rolls on the menu that weren't typical of other sushi restaurants. I thought service was very good and attentive. We are definitely planning on going back to try some different things.

Port st. Lucie
“I would NEVER go back!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I went to osaka for my birthday, I was extremely excited to try a new Japanese steakhouse! I always loved going to Hokkaido but thought I lived closer to this one so why not try it! WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!! Well first I order my sushi appetizer and it didn't arrive till after the chef was done cooking my hibachi meal. It didn't look fresh and the orientation was messed up it looked like my waitress didn't handle it well and it got knocked over. But I figured whatever I can't wait to eat my meal!! Well it was absolutely HORRIBLE!! It tasted completely bland and my shrimp was over cooked and my husbands salmon was dry! We didn't even eat any of it, we just wanted our check and go! Well not to long after I got home! I've became EXTREMLY ILL!! I was sick from this food for three days!!! I got food poisoned! I will never go back and I suggest whoever is reading this doesn't go here either!! It was the WORST expierence ever!!!!

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank Andrew8sminski
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Watched the progress of opening this new restaurant with curiosity and high hopes. Visited tonight with husband for 1st and last time ever. It is in a revamped steak house setting, with a dazzling purple tree in the mostly black entry room. We were given a choice of sitting in the hibachi room with seating in front of the hibachi chef, or a regular dining room. Mistake? Am not sure. From the large menu of sushi, tempura, rolls, curry and hibachi items, I chose the hibachi shrimp, and husband chose hibachi steak and shrimp. The entrees were supposed to come with soup, salad, 2 shrimp. The so called salad was soaking wet iceberg lettuce with what tasted like bottled Russian dressing slopped over it. The soup was weak, pale, salty broth. The 2 shrimp never showed up. By the way, we waited a long time in a very dark room with a sushi bar at one end for any of this to show up.

Entrees consisted of a plate divided in four parts. One part shrimp, which showed no signs of being grilled. One part vegetables, one part rice, and one part pasta. All of this was swimming in some sort of salty brown sauce, of which I do not know the origin nor the ingredients. The sauce ruined all that it covered, and that was everything on the plate.

Our server was apologetic and sort of attentive, though she acted like the restaurant was really busy, which it was not. I asked if the food had MSG in it and she said no. I suspect, from the queasiness I felt, that it did. I hardly ate anything, and had her wrap up the shrimp only, so that I could take them home and try to wash that brown slime off them.

We paid and got out of there as soon as we could, and went elsewhere to have a nice desert.

Do not go to this place if you can help it. We never will again

3 Thank 139andy
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is now my favorite Japanese Restaurant.
Dinner for two (hibachi) was $125 and worth every cent.

Visited May 2014
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Been here twice in three days”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I eat out regularly and we did not try this place until 6/19/14 then again on 6/21/14. On the 21st we went with a party of five and between the dates we have sampled a lot of different items on the menu.

The food, service and atmosphere have all been outstanding I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

The prices are fair given the portions and the quality of the meal

We have yet to try the hibachi bar, that will be next.. A word to anyone who wishes to try the hibachi, Make reservations otherwise you must be prepared to wait a while.

We will definitely be back soon

1 Thank Kam2013