“Average Diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have had breakfast and lunch here a few times. Not my first choice but have met others here for a meal. They do have a decent variety and some very good things on the menu - buckwheat pancakes, omlettes, club sandwich. Service has usually been ok for me.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My family and I decided to try this place after going to 2 other restaurants only to find a 30+ minute wait. The upside - we got seated right away. But then we didn't see a waitress for about 15 minutes (not for coffee, not to take our order, nothing). Finally, we placed our order. And then the real wait began. When we still hadn't received our food after 45 minutes, we asked our waitress how much longer it would be. She said they only had a grill the size of our table and only 2 cooks. No wonder the wait. A restaurant that size needs a larger grill and more cooks, especially on a Sunday morning. The food was good, but not worth a 1 hour wait. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be returning here.

1  Thank sflmom111
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I went for Sunday breakfast this morning and when we arrived there were several parties waiting to be seated. There was no one at the entrance making a list of names and even though Karen, the owner, walked by she did nothing to help organize the growing crowd at the door. We waited as several parties were seated by the busboy even though they arrived after we did. After an exchange with a rude dread headed a-hole we left. Karen needs to realize there are 2 other breakfast places within walking distance of the Seagull and have someone at the door to take charge on a busy weekend morning especially in season.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stay away! Seagulls eat decaying fish on the beach and now I know where this place gets their ingredients. Very aptly named restaurant. Not only was the food terrible and undercooked, but when we went to pay, the owner screamed at my table. My family just visited this restaurant yesterday with a valid restaurant coupon. Even though we were told by the waiter that they honor those coupons all the time, the owner (Karen) steps in and starts a boisterous and irrational tirade about too many people using forged coupons, which mine was not. She created a scene in her own restaurant and embarrassed my family, which included elementary-age children. We have two homes in FL on both coasts and enjoy authentic local beach establishments. This place was a bust. If anyone knows a good anger management counselor please stop by and see Karen. No customer deserves to be treated that way.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

We must have hit this place for lunch on a bad day. The cavernous dining room was almost empty and the service was lackadaisical. There was no bustle of a deli. It was dead. My pastrami was horrible from the rye bread to the meat. The other three people in our party had passable food. We certainly would have eaten better if we stayed home.