“Funky but great”

Captain Charlie's Reef Grill
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Juno Beach, Florida
“Funky but great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

There is always a wait but it's worth it. Very casual but great seafood and selection of small plates. Service fits the atmosphere and very friendly.

• Visited October 2013

North Palm Beach, Florida
“Highly Over-Rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I don't get this place. People line up in the parking lot to eat in what amounts to a diner serving big hunks of fish. Paper napkins don't cut it when eating messy fish with lots of sauce. We tried it again this week because I thought I must have misjudged it last year but it's the same old dingy place. I guess people like it because they think they're getting a good deal- over sized pieces of fish and free cole slaw. Not for me!

• Visited November 2013
“Stay AWAY fron this PLACE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because people say that is good, well let me tell you fellas the food is horrible and the service even worse, they bring the food cold and we told the server about it he got mad and he was given an attitude all the time like he was given us the food for free, he was mean since the beginning my wife asking something about an entree and his answer was WHATEVER, I did tell the manager about the food and the service and he didn't care , its like they doing you a favor, the staff is VERY RUDE, if you love seafood stay AWAY from this restaurant I will stay with Bone fish Grill definitely.

Corrales, New Mexico
“Some of the best fish to eat anywhere!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

A terrific locals restaurant that is very busy. Have your server recommend something wonderful. We had the Pompano freshly caught and it was one of the best meals of any kind I have ever had!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Always eat with the locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Last night I had dinner with several colleagues and the local host suggested Captain Charlie's Reef Grill in Juno Beach near Palm Beach. It is located in a strip shopping center and I would have never found or chosen this place on my own. Parking was a bit of a challenge as the restaurant was crowded. Once inside, I was hooked.

The place is so small and the demand is so high that there is a "bar only" three doors down where you can sit and have a drink while waiting for your table. Once in the restaurant it was awesome. The design is Florida funky and the wait staff is quick, competent and quirky. I was disappointed to learn that I could not have a mixed drink prior to the meal but I got over it by choosing from a large selection of excellent beers including one of my favorites on draft.

The restaurant served a spicy shrimp dish (on the house) and we added some calamari. It disappeared quickly. The four of us ordered a wide variety of entrees from the fried green tomato stack to the blackened seafood platter to fish tacos. Every entree looked fantastic and judging by the lack of conversation once the meals were served, everyone enjoyed the food. The seafood was fresh and the accompanying black beans and rice complemented the home made cole slaw. What a meal.

Of course we had to top off the meal with desserts made on the premises. The four of us shared the sliced and stacked brownie with home made vanilla ice cream topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. The creme brulee with fresh fruit was outstanding and we were all stuffed.

Simply stated, this restaurant was always the preferred "local" (neighborhood) seafood restaurant. And while tourists may have discovered it, there were primarily locals in attendance on this Monday night.

Can't wait to get back to this place and try something different on the creatively wonderful menu. Don't miss this fabulous treasure hidden in a strip center in Juno Beach. If you are anywhere close, treat yourself to this establishment.