“Lunch Visit”

Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cooking up a storm in the kitchen is what inspired the opening of Hurricane Cafe by chef and owner Scott Phillip. Serving the hungry and thirsty patrons of Juno Beach, FL for over 15 years, Hurricane Cafe provides a relaxing atmosphere where the food does all of the talking. Try the award winning Breakfast or Lunch Menu but don't forget about the outstanding dinner menu. Hurricane Cafe uses only the freshest ingredients prepared from scratch daily. With a passion for quality, cooking, and service, Chef Philip and his friendly and knowledgeable staff set the standard for American cuisine offering local beer and wine pairings for every meal. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, patrons can enjoy their favorite American cuisine with a twist. Love eggs Benedict for breakfast? Try it with the restaurant's savory Crab Cake. Take a break from the beach and pop in for lunch for the Blackened Dolphin Sandwich, Grouper Rachel or one of the many amazing Salads. There's no wonder Hurricane Café received Trip Advisors 'Certificate of Excellence' 2012 to 2016, Zagat Rated "Excellent 2004-2015" and voted "Best Breakfast 2010" and "Best Lunch Spot 2006." Stop by for the restaurant's sunset menu from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for tasty entrees like Shrimp Scampi, Fish & Chips, or Sautéed Shrimp with Sweet Coconut Sauce. The dinner menu is loaded with big plates to keep you satisfied through the night, including dishes like homemade New England Clam Chowder and Sweet Chili Roasted Salmon or Yankee Pot Roast. Find your Fresh Catch of the day at Hurricane Cafe today. Call (561) 630-2012 visit online to see the full menu and daily specials at
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

4.5 visit - food really awesome. Husband had bunless Veggie Burger. I had grilled vegetable salad; both very tasty. Waitress gave great recommendations and service until bill time. Would have given a 5 star. Visit was way after lunch rush.

ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

I'm very pleased to hear how impressed you and your husband were with your visit, Kim, though I'm sorry about the break down at the end of your meal. We always strive to provide excellent food and service at all times, but it sounds like my staff got caught up in the change over after lunch. I apologize for the issues and will work on improving our service standards. Thanks for your great review, and I hope you make it back to see us again soon.

All the best,
Scott Philip
Chef/Owner

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We've been here for lunch, on many occasions, and have always enjoyed the food, and great waitstaff. We decided to try it for dinner. We went with another couple and all had one of the best meals ever. My Snapper Veracruz was perfectly prepared and large enough to bring some home. The wine list is limited, but adequate for the casual dinner. We sat outside on a perfect evening, which clearly added to the positive mood. The Hurricane Cafe is casual, and actually has a diner look and vibe, so it may not be everyone's idea of a dinner spot. However, if you're looking for great food, good service and value...it's hard to beat.

Glad you finally made it out for dinner, Roger! Thank you so much for the great review. I'm thrilled that you and your friends enjoyed dinner so much. Since we are a causal restaurant, people do tend to overlook us for dinner but I agree, I think our dinner menu is as good as any of the fancy places and a much better value.

I really appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again for dinner soon.

All the best,
Scott Philip
Chef/Owner

Reviewed 24 September 2013

If you pride yourself in making items from scratch....and you as a restaurant ask for extra time to prepare from scratch...why are the biscuits microwaved? Yes, you want to serve hot biscuits...but don't microwave them until they are shrivelled and tough...we were there the moment they opened...so why microwaved biscuits? The sausage gravy had a strange taste...as did the bone-in-ham. The chicken fried steak had country gravy/sausage gravy instead of white gravy...just seemed strange. Average at best. We will not go back.

ChefScottPhilip, Owner at Hurricane Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Hi Grayceey,
I apologize for your visit with us. This is not a typical experience at the Hurricane. I really appreciate your feedback, this is the only way we can get better. I do need to make a correction, we state MOST everything is made from scratch. There are about 15% of the items we do purchase, mostly desserts and some generic items that do not make sense for us to make on property. We bake our biscuits about 6:30 in the morning but this sounds like my staff was using the previous day biscuits, which is totally unacceptable.

We do work very hard to make sure our customers are well taken care of and we will replace or correct anything that is not up to our standards, our yours. As far as the Bone-in Ham, it is a Virginia Style cured Ham which can be little salty, so we also offer a Honey Ham also which has a milder flavor. I grew up with country gravy, so that is probably a regional preference, such as grits in the south or the difference between hash browns or homefries. But whatever is on the menu, the food needs to be prepared properly and we did not accomplish that for you. Again, I apologize and hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Not sure where to start ... The host/manager not very nice borderline rude. If your eating outside, there are only 2 outdoor ceiling fans that cover the front door only. They really need to add a few outdoor standing fans that allow the air to be circulated. The bowls and water for pets is NOT anything you would give your pet. They say pet friendly ... But really they don't act like it. The food was pricey .. Even the coffee .... And food was just average. We were there for lunch. The positive .. They have a nice kids menu and is a good value. But the man handing us menus was do off putting it really set the tone for the entire experience at this restaurant . They were not busy.

This is quite a surprise to hear, and I'm really sorry this was your first impression from us. Our staff are typically complimented for being friendly and accommodating, and our pet friendliness is something we're pretty well known for in the area. We do have to follow some rules for our customers to be able to bring pets with them, which we post outside. We think that having water available makes for a more enjoyable experience for the pets and some owners will bring there own bowls for there dogs if they want but we want to make sure we have something for them, just in case.

I apologize for your experience and I will make sure we correct and improve our service issues. If you give us a second chance, I'm certain that we can provide you with the experience that so many of our reviewers write about.

Thanks,

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Each time we visit the area, we go to the Hurricane Cafe. It's a great restaurant. I especially love their potato salad. My husband favors the portobello mushroom sandwich. We have also stopped there for breakfast and found that to be excellent.

Thank you for your great review, Conni! Our potato salad is something that I grew up with and I am glad you like the Portobello Sandwich. We have quite a few other amazing vegetarian options on the menu if that is your preference. Thanks for sharing your experience here and please keep us posted on how we are doing. See you soon!

All the Best,