“what a find”

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

we came across this place while going for a evening cruise in the car, I'm really glad we stopped. My wife and I sat at the bar I guess we just missed happy hour. It was very busy but a couple was leaving as we arrived. We stayed at the bar for about 30 minutes. We each had 2 drinks. The drinks were good size and could taste the rum. we paid our bill and was pleasantly surprized. $14.00 for the 4 drinks great deal that was the normal price. We moved to the
dinning room for dinner very clean and roomy. I ordered the prime rib and she ordered the crab cakes. My prime rib was the best i've ever had amazing. My wifes crab cakes were full of crab not filler. this bill was under $50 with 2 glasses of wine.
this place was great. server was friendly place was clean i'll be back next time with friends also.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank joe t

Cincinnati
“great crab cakes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We started our meal with 2 delicious crab cakes. They were so good. After that we had a seafood dinner. It was dry and lacked taste. The side dishes were not good at all. We then ordered desert which was also not good. I recommend the crab cakes and that is all. They can keep the rest.

• Visited February 2014
Marietta
“Right place, wrong address . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Went for drinks and appetizers with local friends. The address on the business card is different, but phone is the same, so I hope this review is about the right place. Some things good, shrimp cocktail bad for Fla coast town. Big happy hour crowd, but cleared out afterwards. Good beer selection. Worth a try. Big place, looks like former Italian restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
Tequesta
“Our New Favorite Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great Lakes Grille is top-notch ! We have been there a dozen times since they opened. We love the oversized leather booths, the varied menu, and the excellent service. Jeanine the bartender was fantastic. The four different servers have been outstanding; especially Al. The timing of salads, and our meals, has been just right.
We recommend the Lake Perch, the Lobster Stuffed Shrimp, and their Prime Rib ( offered Friday & Saturday nights). My husband really enjoys the Chocolate Fudge Cake.
We are thrilled we found " Great Lakes Grille" !

• Visited January 2014
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We went here because we heard it was new and wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, our meal was a disappointment.

The place is huge, but was nearly empty on a Sunday evening. Even so, our service was not that great or attentive. My beer came out flat, and my sister's martini was not very good and pretty expensive.

The menu itself looked good enough, but the end product was a disappointment. My dad's steak was mostly fat, and my fish was flavorless. My side of vegetables seemed like it came from a bag of frozen grocery store veggies.

Better parts of the meal were the pierogies on the side and my shrimp.

All the plates were poorly presented, and my seafood "platter" was just an unimpressive plate.

I might go back for happy hour, which I hear is good, but never to have a sit down meal again.