“Great base for West Palm Beach”

Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Juno Beach
Manchester
“Great base for West Palm Beach”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This spacious, clean hotel is very easy to find on the US1. Lovely quiet pool area, one block from Juno beach. Rooms quiet, spacious and excellent sleep quality. Lovely breakfast included . Pleasant staff. Ocean view, more of an ocean glimps through the trees. Limited areas to eat out without driving.

Room Tip: Request a second floor pool view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominic M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

What a pleasure to hear from you that all went well during your stay, thank you for the great review about our little paradise in Juno beach, we value your comments and I will share your review with all of our wonderful staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you are able to visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
norwich, vermont, usa
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A great place to arrive at, with a hidden pool where you can swim a little after dusk.. and the rooms have views of the beach, or the tops of houses in the trees. A great surf shop next door for all those fun things you want, conch shell necklaces etc. with free tastes of fresh Orange juice. You can walk to the beach on a nice walk to a mangrove entrance to a great quiet beach with older type of homes... views of Juno Pier! Near to a lovely turtle hospital and walk to a great breakfast place across the street, or get fresh cappuccino! Lovely open stairwells... to breath florida air.. pretty at night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vcjf
Hi Victoria,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our Holiday inn Express , the secluded atmosphere makes it a terrific vacation destination.
We are glad your visit was comfortable and memorable and hope to see you again in the near future.
L.A.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at this property. Checked in early and was taken care of by very friendly front desk clerk Andrea. I would like to commend her professional attitude and demeanor. Was given a nice upgraded room thanks to my IHG elite status as well as the bonus point offer. The bedroom suite was very nice and had a tiny partial ocean view and we really appreciated it. Room has all the amenities needed and 2 flat screen tv sets and also 2 very good A/C systems. The property probably has a few years on it as I noticed the entry door and bathroom door are a bit of a hung "out of square" condition but that is no big problem. Breakfast was very adequate with something for everyone but if you go during the morning rush it may be hard to get a seat, so recommend either early or late. Seems like the only problem I noticed was either the biscuit gravy was either luke warm or container was empty when you needed some. Coffee is very good. Highly recommend this hotel as it is very close to the beach and many, many great restaurants I will critique. I hope you try this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view or partial ocean view upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve-JL.a.
dmnc927_123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hi Steve

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach and thank you for your kind comments about Andrea my front desk manager, she certainly has a dedicated spirit of hospitality.
I have reviewed your concerns in the breakfast area and placed measures to increase services offered. Our occupancy levels are very high right now and the breakfast area does get very crowded, I have increased the number of breakfast attendants during these high periods.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to the area.
Thank you very much for your review.

Dominic M
Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I try not to be too hard. 1st awesome hotel and rooms. Walking distance to everything. Most everyone was helpful Brandy the desk clerk in the front finally took care of me decently. And should be praised for her friendliness and professionalism.

Todd ~ when I checked in was another story. For 10 years I have book with my travel company. They have never once failed me. I asked Todd if he had my rewards number. I am Platinum member. Usually when I inform the staff of this they thank me for being a member, offer me a bottle of water or points. Whether or not I have my number ready. I like this, this is why I stay with HIE. They have one of the best loyalty programs around.

Well I could not find my number. Todd was too impatient to wait. While I check in he treated me like a 2nd class citizen. No offer of water, no offer of points. Not even an offer of the goodie bag provided to all the check-in clients. He told me there was no number I should contact the 800 number. I asked if I gave him my number could he put it in. He looked at me like I was wasting his time. “I could, but you can call the 800 number yourself” What? Are you serious? This is your customer service? I was perplexed. I didn’t kick his dog but the look on his face was something. I should have taken a picture. He was really kind of scowling at me.

Now I am a patient man. I have over a dozen reviews on trip advisor. I like traveling and meeting new folks. I am slow to anger. But poor customer service is crazy. Todd actually made me feel like I was beneath his time. like he was too busy to help me. He was not busy. There was only one other person in the lobby at this time. I told him. "I would prefer it if he put it in and made sure I got the points for my stay." Now he stared at me like. Are you serious? Yes Todd, I am. He quickly agreed and busied himself like I was wasting his time.

I came back down once I had my number and Todd was busy joking with another client. Which again made me wonder what I did to offend this guy? Brandy assisted me and was very polite and professional. I explained the situation to her and she quickly took my number and entered it. I asked her if I could take on the goodie bags that were for the clients on check in, that Todd had so conveniently forgotten to offer me. Again she indulged me. She was a pillar of client service.

Now maybe Todd the manger was having a bad day and I just took the brunt of it. I do not know?

Besides him. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and professional. Every morning the ladies preparing the food were polite and conversational. Food was excellent. And besides Todd, I enjoyed my stay.

Only once did I have an issue with my room. They made the bed but left one of the signs on the floor and it didn’t look like it was vacuumed well. But overall it was a pretty pleasant stay.

Service would have been 5 stars if not for Todd.

Room Tip: 2 nd floor or better, for view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony K
dmnc927_123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hello Tony,

As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences both with us and the travelers on TripAdvisor.com.
The guest experience described above falls well below our Holiday Inn Express brand standards and the superior manner in which strive to treat all of our guests.
I am terribly sorry about the inconvenience you encountered and am committed to restoring the perception you had of our Holiday Inn Express when you chose our property.
I have addressed all customer service issues listed and only hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations for a future booking, as I would love the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Dominic M
Ottawa
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Motel type hotel with 2 floors. Very cleanand comfortable room about 4-5 minutes from the beach. So not really Oceanview, that was a little disappointing. The breakfast left a little to be desired. The "eggs" were rubbery and no fresh fruit. 3 minute walk to 4 restaurants, CVS across the street so practical if you need snacks or beach necessities. Staff great and helpful, pool nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dominic M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Express in Juno Beach
Westbury, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were there in JAN 2014,it was a very pleasant stay, staff was great and breakfast was very good . Rooms ok but clean, and the grounds were always keep neat. Beach was in walking distance and lots of places to eat. a great location. We will go back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Madeline M
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I was thrilled to read your glowing review from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Juno Beach.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our delicious complimentary hot breakfast and our wonderful accommodations and amenities.
I appreciate your kind words regarding the staff at the hotel. We always appreciate the opportunity to recognize our associates for a job well done.
So glad that our location just steps from the beach worked out perfectly for your vacation.
Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Susan
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

First of all, I got thrown off finding the place. When I put in the address in my GPS, it took me straight to the Hampton Inn…don’t know why that happened…but it also happened to a friend of mines who came to visit. After I turned around, I found the Holiday Inn Express down a little and across the street. Check in was easy and I was assigned my pool view room. I was told that they were full to capacity, as this was the MLK weekend. However, when I parked in the back to get to my room, the parking lot was quite empty. I like the fact that the hotel only goes to two floors, so walking up wasn’t a problem. Using the elevator was a little tricky, as there are two levels to the 2nd floor that have different exit sides on the elevator. Once we figured that out, all was fine, as we exited too early on the first level. A key is needed to access the door to your floor, as all entrances are on the outside, kinda made me feel secure. Sure, someone can follow a person in, but kinda secure in knowing that no one can just walk up in the middle of the night and come onto your floor. The pool view is on one side of the building, and the ocean view is on the other side. While standing on the stairs on the oceanside, I tried to see the ocean…no such luck because of the trees that block the view. Not too sure if the rooms with the ocean view could see it either….so something to think about when booking the ocean view….I would ask before booking. The hallways were very quiet and so were the rooms…with exception of my possessed tv, which on its own, the volume kept going up on it’s on. Don’t know if it was due to something faulty, or someone playing tricks on us with a IFR remote. I reported this to the front desk and they said they could not give me another room, as they were full, but would send someone up. We waited for about two hours, got hungry so we left; hoping the evil spirit would leave the tv after we were gone…or someone came to fix it. When we got back that night we saw the only indication that the hotel was full! The parking lot was packed, but the hotel remained quiet. No screaming kids, no large crowds roaming the hall, just nice and quiet….except for the evil spirit that didn’t leave the tv and kept turning the volume up on the tv. We gave up trying to watch it and turned it off. The next morning, either the evil spirit had left the tv, or the trickster gave up. We had no problems with the tv after that. I can’t say that I partook of the breakfast, so had no comment about that. The ocean is about two blocks away, I consider a short walk..and it was well worth the walk. The ocean was soooo blue, comparable to the Bahamas! The sand in Juno is quite different that the sand on other beaches. I’m from northern Florida, and when you walk in the sand, you have sand sticking to your shoes and clothes. You have to knock it off before you get into your car or else you will be vacuuming sand out your car for days! The sand here is so fine, that you can walk through it and have no sand dust or nothing sticking to your shoes! I love this beach!!! A friend walked through with suede boots and they came out clean! That was amazing!!!

But back to the hotel….On check out, I mentioned the remote problem and how no one came to fix it, and they gave me 20% off my hotel bill, which I considered a nice compromise since there was nothing wrong with the rest of the room and I slept quite soundly on the beds. Everything was clean, the staff was friendly, location…there’s not a lot around, but I had a car and I loved the quiet location. I definitely would coming back again….unless there’s another possessed TV on the premises………

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Susan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Susan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Juno Beach
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,094 reviews
Best Western Intracoastal Inn
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,348 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm B...
#1 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview? Share your experiences!