“Great Day on the Water”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great Day on the Water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Canoe Outfitters of Florida are located at two of the most beautiful parks in Florida, the River Bend Park and Jonathan Dickenson Park. The staff is polite and helpful and the equipment is current and in good condition. The waterways are fantastic, filled with peace and lots of nature. I would recommend this to visitors who like some exercise and environmental appreciation in their vacations.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Marietta A

jupiter
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I rented a canoe with my wife and my 3-year old daughter on a Sunday from those guys. My experience was very positive. There are two trips you can take. One is easier than the other. I took the easy trip towards the picnic loop and we had good time. I will try more difficult route towards dam next time. I would definitely recommend this attraction to anybody.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank emindeniz
Troy, Michigan
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Lots a Gators on the Loxahatchee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Please note: the water level varies greatly on this river. We went in late April, toward the end of the dry season, but after a few good rains. I would not want to travel when the water was much lower. Some areas were very narrow. On the other hand, I suspect the mosquitos could be bad in the rainy season. This was only my second time kayaking and I have canoed maybe 10 times over 5 decades. This stream was very manageable, but I'm glad I returned after about 45 minutes on the stream. The return took about 1 hour. It is a pretty stream. We saw several gators, fish of various size from minnows to one footers, several large turtles, herons, bitterns and several other wading birds. It was a very pretty stream and a trip I would like to retake.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank 1Rahhalatun
Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great spot for a canoe trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Take a canoe trip down the loxahatchee river to experience wildlife (birds, fish, gators).

1 Thank abbeypsu
Boone, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A great and adventurous paddling trip. The Real thing , pure Florida nature surrounds you . Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

A great and adventurous paddling trip. This river is wild so expect to dodge a few branches, push off a few trees , catch a few spider webs
It keeps it fun and exciting.
You will see alligators sunning on the edge of the river . The rivers current changes with water levels
( amount of rain) there is also a very small waterfall and rapids which you can paddle over , pretty neat for Florida. The river winds down to J Dickinson Park
You can stop over at Trapper Johns
Original homestead . Most paddlers will use a return pickup by Outfitter
As the return trip is a bit more difficult and time consuming.
Go and enjoy the True beauty of nature. awesome. thumbs up on this one
Ps watch hats , sunglasses and cameras easy to lose along the way

1 Thank drpeaceman